• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those that have stayed at YC and BC...

weluvpluto

DIS Veteran
...which do you prefer and why (this would be for a standard view room.)

We are booked for the last 4 nights of our trip at BC, but now after reading so many posts, I'm starting to think that YC may be better :p

I like the atmosphere at the YC a little better. I think most agree that it is a little more formal, albeit some say stuffy. I would still pick it hands down.

Hi Weluvpluto,

I think it's strictly a matter of personal preference in the decor. The hotels share the same amenities...pool, restaurants, etc. We prefer the Beach Club because we like the way it feels, well, "beachy!" I'm sure others like the Yacht Club because if feels more "nautical."

You can't go wrong either way!

Bob

The YC hands down. It's a lot more quiet over there, the BC shares a check in desk with the BCV so it's always pretty crowded over there. Plus at the YC all the rooms have full balconys over at the BC some of them are standing room only.

I recommend the BC if you are w. young children. It's theme is a Cape Cod beach resort so it is much more casual.

The YC is more formal and at times you may find during your stay it is holding conventions.

Both are beautiful resorts.

My daughters princess: princess: have voted to stay at BC, I'm sure we will be happy at either resort! :goodvibes Besides, we're not in the lobby much anyways :earboy2:
Thanks for all your feedback!

My vote goes to Beach Club hand down! The themeing, atmopshere and ambiance at this resort just can't be beat! As others have said you can't go wrong either way, but our families preference on decor between the two is definatly Beach Club!

We stayed at the BC and were not blown away. Our view was HORRENDOUS ( a gravel roof-we literally could have climbed over the railing and walked on it). The lobby was always crowded and noisy due to Cape May (people waiting to get in and the restaurant is open).

Now... we walked over to the YC and were like, "Why aren't we staying here?????" It was GORGEOUS!!!!! A different world-quiet, peaceful-a VACATION.....seemed more in line with the amount of $$$$ we were paying for the BC. We will be back to this resort, but will book the YC!!!!

Terry S said:
My vote goes to Beach Club hand down! The themeing, atmopshere and ambiance at this resort just can't be beat! As others have said you can't go wrong either way, but our families preference on decor between the two is definatly Beach Club!

Don't listen to Terry...hehe...go with the Yacht Club! She cheated last time she went anyway...she didn't even stay at the BC! :p

Just take a :boat: to the Yacht Club everyone !! :rolleyes:
Then i can have the Beach Club to myself. A nice and relaxing beach holliday! :cloud9:

Hey! Loves2travel... I regretted every painstaking minute in that Grand Villa! I would much rather have been at the Beach Club!

I vote for the YC but then that's obvious. I stayed at the BC first but after staying at the YC, I wouldn't go back to the BC unless I couldn't book YC for some reason. I remember I originally only booked YC because nothing was available at BC! LOL. I remember the CM saying "you'll find two very different experiences at each of them." She was right. YC is much more relaxing and I feel like I'm more on vacation. BTW, my kids are 4 and 17 and they both love YC!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter