For those that have sailed both Magic and the Dream?

kittycruize

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

We are now trying to decide between the Dream and the Magic for April 2012. We can get the Magic quite a bit cheaper, and it also stops at Key West. We have sailed once before on the Wonder, so would really look forward to trying the Dream. If we went on the Magic would we really be missing out on anything besides mini golf and the aquaduck? Of course I know there are other things, but does the price justify it? Would we have as much fun? We are really having a hard time with this one! We would be sailing with 2 children ages 3 and 6 also! Any advice at all would be so appreciated!:)

We prefer the "classic ships" and will, to the extent possible, make all our cruises on them. The new ships dont have the "character" of the classics.....just my opinion.....we did the Maiden Voyage on the Dream and we werent "thrlled".....

We have sailed on all 3 ships. Having sailed the Dream 2x (the MV and then 6 months later), I must say that the MV was not indicative of sailing on the Dream - they were working out some kinks etc.

I love the Dream and look forward to sailing on her again.

That being said, given the age of your children, I would recommend the Magic -- your youngest won't be able to ride the Aquaduck (and depending on height, your eldest might not either), you can minigolf anywhere and it will be less crowded.

When your kids are older (and the novelty has worn off), then sail the Dream.

Just my opinion....

I agree with Goofy559- we've done all 3 and LOVE all of them. The Dream was great, but we missed something about the classic ships. We can't really put our finger on it- maybe we just prefer the smaller size. Also, we did B2B on the Dream ( 4 night and 5 night) so we were on the ship 9 nights, but we still really missed some of the things you get on a 7 night. Especially with your younger kids, I would definitely choose longer cruise for less money.

Thanks everyone for your input! The one we are looking at is a 5 night Bahamas that goes to Key West instead of another day at CC. Is this not a good idea? Should we do the 7 night Western instead? In looking at the Navigators, I am wondering if it would pretty much be the same activity wise as the 4 night? What activities etc do you get on the 7 night versus the 4 night?

Did the Dream 3 times and the Magic and Wonder several times each....for your situation I would recommend the Magic for the other reasons posted.

I LOVED THE DREAM....but love the longer cruises. Doing the Fantasy in June.

MJ

I would definitely start with the Magic and work newer. It shows some progression as a company that way. Either of those itineraries would be good. I would personally go with the longer one, but for young ones you may want to do the shorter one. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter