For those that have done the Segway Tour...

NikkiLovesWDW!

"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "S
I'm so excited I just booked the tour for my trip this summer. I found a lot of information about it but the only thing I'm still curious about is how many people are on the tour? I'm assuming, and hoping, that it's a fairly small group. Any tips/reviews?

My daughter and I did the tour last august. It was great! I think that our group was maybe 10 people. We initially saw a short film, then practiced inside for thirty odd minutes before going outside and travelling into the WS.We had the 9:30 time that allowed us to get a fast pass for soaring before checking in for the tour. Have a great time!

Make sure you bring your camera. One of the guides will be sure to take a picture similar to this one for you.
Anniversary048.jpg

The current price for the tour is $85.00 but there is a AAA discount. The first hour is spent in watching the training film and then training. The second hour is spent in doing a tour of the world showcase. The park opened about 15 minutes before the end of our tour so there was plenty of attention as our line of segways made it's way through the park. During the tour the guides provide us some interesting information about Epcot and also explained why the ToT is painted the colour it is. I had great fun on it and would highly recommend the tour if it is in your budget.

Segways are THE BEST! We did it in December and will be booking it again for this December! We had 12 people on our tour but there were only supposed to be 10. We ended up with two people who were supposed to be on the earlier tour.

I have a review of the tour in my trip report (link in my signature). The part about the Segways is towards the bottom of page 1.

100_2593-1.jpg

I really want to try this on our upcomming trip, but I just think it looks so nerdy!!! lol Plus you have to wear a helmet!

I cannot get that Weird Al song out of my head!!!

Also, our kiddos are too young to join in and I am not sure I want to do something they are excluded from since this is our family time!

I am going to have to read the trip review and then decide...

Liz! You guys look like you are having so much fun!!! I am definately going to wait until our kiddos are old enough to come with us! Disney is such a special family vacation I want us to be able to do everything together.

You kids look like sweeties!!! ;)

It's totally worth the embarassment of having to wear a helmet... even when I went in 05 for my HS graduation present from my mom, 18 years old... 'course I'm a computer science major but still...

DO THE TOUR

It's an hour of instruction and training, it was really easy for me to pick up and even my mom got it pretty quick... then you go all the way around the world showcase, starting before it's open so it's considered a backstage tour. We got to see maintanance trying to get a squirrel out of a window box on the 2nd floor windows in the Germany pavillion... it was funny.
Just make sure to wear comfy shoes, you're going to be standing for a long time, even though there is a pad on the segway, wearing sandals or anything your feet might get sweaty/sticky or any other form of uncomfortable in would be a bad idea.

PICT0073%20(Medium).JPG

they stop and take your picture with your own camera, they dont have one so unless you want to count on someone else having one and giving them your email address so they can send you the files (we sent the other people in our tour their pics cause nobody had thought to bring a camera)
IIRC there were 10 to 14 people in the tour, forget if that included the tour guide or not

DH and I did the Segway tour in July 2005 for our anniversary and we had so much fun that we did it again when we went back to WDW in October 2005!!! I can't stress how much fun it is; even though the heat index that day in July was 114 degrees because of the humidity, for that hour going around the World Showcase, we didn't even notice it! :cool2:

I highly recommend this! ::yes::

We absolutely loved the Segway Tour. It is still one of the highlights of our many trips to WDW over the years. I would urge anyone to do it. I think we had 10 people, plus 2 Tour Guides the day we did the tour.
I agree with wearing comfortable shoes. You are on your feet for 2 straight hours without a rest.
I thought the Segway was easy to learn. THe hardest thing for me was staying absolutely still, as just a slight shift in your weight sent you either forward or backwards.
We did the 8:30 tour, so that WS was totally closed during our time there. It was great fun, and I was glad to not fight any crowds. It is neat to see it before it opens. Maintainence was power washing some of the walkways in various countries while we were there.
I am sure you will be pleased you did this tour.

Liz! You guys look like you are having so much fun!!! I am definately going to wait until our kiddos are old enough to come with us! Disney is such a special family vacation I want us to be able to do everything together.

You kids look like sweeties!!! ;)

Thanks so much! It was the highlight of our trip! If your kids aren't old enough then I would probably wait too. I feel the same way about wanting to do everything together. :wave2:

We also had ~10 on our tour as well. Judging by the size of the later groups sign up sheet I saw and the amount of Segways lined up in the training area, I think they max out the tour groups to 12-15 people.

I did the Segway Tour at 9am on 31st Jan. It was a great experience, and well worth the cost of the tour. If anyone is worried about managing to control the Segways, one of the guests on our tour was an 84 year old, and he was the most adventurous! Our group was 6 guests, Kimmie our guide and Jason from Segway Central.

Two words of caution though;

- If you book for the 9am tour, you are advised to arrive at Guest Relations at 8.45am. We arrived at 8.30 and went to Guest Relations outside of the park. We were told we'd have to queue up and wait for the park to open before heading to Guest Relations to check in. THIS IS NOT THE CASE - if you are prebooked on the tour, they will have your names on the list at the Princess breakfast entrance. We were lucky - just as we started to queue up they were opening more entrances.

- Walking around Worldshow Case afterwards is nowhere near as much fun after you've Segway'd around it!

If you book for the 9am tour, you are advised to arrive at Guest Relations at 8.45am. We arrived at 8.30 and went to Guest Relations outside of the park. We were told we'd have to queue up and wait for the park to open before heading to Guest Relations to check in. THIS IS NOT THE CASE - if you are prebooked on the tour, they will have your names on the list at the Princess breakfast entrance. We were lucky - just as we started to queue up they were opening more entrances.

I'm confused by this...we're on the 8:30 am tour, and we were told to go to Guest Relations by 8:15 - are you saying there are TWO Guest Relations, one outside the gate and one inside? Which one should we go to? Is the Princess Breakfast Entrance clearly marked?

If you book for the 9am tour, you are advised to arrive at Guest Relations at 8.45am. We arrived at 8.30 and went to Guest Relations outside of the park. We were told we'd have to queue up and wait for the park to open before heading to Guest Relations to check in. THIS IS NOT THE CASE - if you are prebooked on the tour, they will have your names on the list at the Princess breakfast entrance. We were lucky - just as we started to queue up they were opening more entrances.

I'm confused by this...we're on the 8:30 am tour, and we were told to go to Guest Relations by 8:15 - are you saying there are TWO Guest Relations, one outside the gate and one inside? Which one should we go to? Is the Princess Breakfast Entrance clearly marked?

There is a Guest Relation building/office INSIDE the park. There are sort of two steps when you arrive fo the tour:

1) Arrive atleast 15 min early at the main Epcot entrance (I don't know about the International Gateway). There will be a CM outside the main gate with a list of who's hitting the tours and early breakfasts.

2) After they verify you on the list, you then ENTER the park and head to the Guest Relations building which is up past Spaceship Earth (to the left if I recall). Once inside the Guest Relations building you will sign a waiver and wait for the rest of the tour group. You'll then follow your guides over to Innoventions and the Segway training center to begin the tour

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter