• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

for those that have done kayak excursion in st. thomas

strega7

Mouseketeer
We are going in April and I was wondering if the water you kayak in is really deep? and is it extremely strenuous, or would a somewhat out of shape 65 year old be able to do it :)

Thank you!

I don't recall the exact name but if you are referring to the eco kayak/snorkel/hike excursion, yes it is deep! There are life jackets and no waves where you kayak, but the water is very deep. If you fall out of your kayak, the guide will help get you back in (don't ask me how I know that) but you need to be comfortable in the water in the meantime. My 70 year old in-laws were able to keep up with the group no problem. They are in average shape. The "hike" part is very easy - no hills, minimal rocky footing, mostly an easy path to walk. The snorkeling was in chest high water from what I remember. Our 3-generation group really enjoyed this excursion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter