• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those that got off the Wonder today (Aug 13)...

FergusBC

DIS Veteran
...or anyone else that's interested...

We took the family down to the breakwater yesterday to greet you as you sailed into Victoria. Ah, we are so jealous! It's been almost a year since we last saw her and she's looking pretty sweet still.

I took tons of photos and uploaded a slideshow here

Oh, and if you took one of the shuttles into town, we were the crazy family waving from the restaurant patio. :wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2:

...or anyone else that's interested...

We took the family down to the breakwater yesterday to greet you as you sailed into Victoria. Ah, we are so jealous! It's been almost a year since we last saw her and she's looking pretty sweet still.

I took tons of photos and uploaded a slideshow here

Oh, and if you took one of the shuttles into town, we were the crazy family waving from the restaurant patio. :wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2:

We were watching "you" from our verandah. I loved being able to watch the boat dock. It was a gorgous day in Victoria. We didn't get off the boat, but if I'd known the market was happening right there I would have!

Great Photos! We stopped in Victoria on July 29th. (2 sailings ago).
We had a dapper gentleman in top hat and tails to wave and greet us on the pier. We loved Victoria and was dissapointed we didn't have more time.

Thank you sooooo much for posting those pics! We board in a couple of weeks
I hope your family gets a turn again soon!

Thank you sooooo much for posting those pics! We board in a couple of weeks
I hope your family gets a turn again soon!

You are so very welcome! Hmm...so you'll be in Victoria Sept 2nd? May have to take another trip to the Breakwater and wave! :woohoo:

haha! We went down and said hi to everyone too, Fergus! Maybe it's time to arrange for a DisMeet in Victoria! We can grab beacon hill icecream and hang out in the shadow of the Wonder!:lmao:

I love it! We could make up banners saying "Please take us with you!"...My dh wanted to bring out old KTTW cards to see if we could bluff our way on board, till I pointed out that I didn't want to join on the last night! I want on on the *first* night!!! :rotfl2:

Thank you for posting those photos -- they are fantastic, and only serve to make me homesick! I swear that if I was down at Ogden Point and DCL steamed in that I'd be in tears.

I do think it's a serious shame that the ship is in port for such a ridiculously short period of time. It's a token stop to meet the foreign port requirement, and it sounds like few people disembark. Too bad.

And as to that DISmeet that involves the Beacon Drive-In ice cream, go for it! I'll be there with you in spirit!

I can see myself and my wife on deck 4 on one of those pics if you view it in the largest setting. That is soo cool. Victoria was a nice little town, especially after the tiny little specks we had stopped at in Alaska.

The ATMs would not work with my bank though...but I worked a nice deal with a local to get the cash I needed.

Thought I would hate the short stop but it was really nice.

Great Photos! We stopped in Victoria on July 29th. (2 sailings ago).
We had a dapper gentleman in top hat and tails to wave and greet us on the pier. We loved Victoria and was dissapointed we didn't have more time.

He was there on Sunday too! My kids look out and said "there's the monopoly guy"!

haha! We went down and said hi to everyone too, Fergus! Maybe it's time to arrange for a DisMeet in Victoria! We can grab beacon hill icecream and hang out in the shadow of the Wonder!:lmao:

We were there too! We board the Magic in 11 days. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter