• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those that go in the summer......would you go in June or Aug?

I check in August 14 so no memory maker for me. Hoping for 15% off of the values to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I check in August 14 so no memory maker for me. Hoping for 15% off of the values to come out.

Do a room-only for the 14th and book a separate trip starting on the 15th if you really want that deal.

Do a room-only for the 14th and book a separate trip starting on the 15th if you really want that deal.

I thought about that but am planning to do a PP share for fairly cheap and would rather have 15% off.

We have done late May through Early June, very busy.

We have done the last week of August a few times. Hit parks early, hit pool around 2. Back to parks for evening. Low crowds. Hurricanes and rain, but slap a poncho on and hit the parks which are usually empty.

Differences are minimal but they should be taken into consideration.

Weather is very hot during both June and August but I'd argue it's a tad better (at least heat-wise) in early June. At least then, there's a higher chance of some relatively lower temperatures (like in the 80s) where August is just an endless vortex of highs in the 90s.

Also, June is less prone to refurbishments than August. The attractions that'll close may not matter to you though but just be aware.

Crowds are basically the same and price is about the same (except for deluxes which are a tad cheaper). Mind you, you can get a discount and free Memory Maker before June 15 or after August 15.

We've always preferred early June but differences aren't big by any means.

In the words of Jim Gaffigan:

"It was Orlando in the summer, so imagine standing on line at the dmv located on the surface of the Sun."

This was exactly how I felt last June. It was so humid you cold actually taste the water in the air...

Those are the dates we always go...last week of June or mid/late August. June is *slightly* cooler (like 90 instead of 100) and generally rainier. It usually rains everyday, for a bit. Less crowded than July (we went in July just this year to remind myself why I always avoid July), but a little more crowded than the 3rd or 4th week of August. The parks are open later in June than August.

Schools across the South start back up in the latter part of August making the last two weeks less crowded. They also get out by Memorial weekend giving them a shot at getting a trip in before the brunt of the summer heat and Northern schools are out. Also much lower hurricane possibilities in June.

We went in August in 2010 for 1 week and I do not think we will do it again. The weather and crowds were not the problem, I felt rush coming home to school supply shop for the kids. I buy clothes through out the year for them, so that wasn't a problem. I felt rushed.

I will pipe in that maybe New England/Mid-Atlantic states schools may be adding days at the end of the school calendar because of all the snow days.
(I know our school system is...:(). June may be a little less crowded because of that...maybe?

We went in August in 2010 for 1 week and I do not think we will do it again. The weather and crowds were not the problem, I felt rush coming home to school supply shop for the kids. I buy clothes through out the year for them, so that wasn't a problem. I felt rushed.

Yeah we felt rushed this past Aug. We got back with like 3 days to spare before our oldest son went back to college and it was just too much. So I will at least leave a week or more before anyone goes back to school. I am thinking get there around Aug. 5th or 6th.

I agree that end of August was hard because we went back to school as soon as we came back. I'm a teacher so it was somewhat stressful but the worst was I wished the whole summer away waiting for the trip. I swore I wouldn't do August again.

BUT I disagree with PP- I saved money booking end of August over June- maybe only a few hundred dollars on the value resort but it was enough for me to get sucked into August again. Also the crowd calendar projects lower crowds since the south is back in school which is good in the 100 degree daily temps. Plus if I had been smart last summer and booked BB we would have had free dining for most of the trip.

We live in south Louisiana so we are used to heat but I will say we had a great end of July trip 2 yrs ago. We went the last week of July bc of a move that had us move to July from a May trip. It was more crowded but I didn't think the heat was terrible and the long park hours were great. It was a lot of overcast days and we were able to sleep in some and ride everything at least once but most things multiple times. The only park we had a hard time in was HS but with fp+ I think that park would work better. I would assume June- July 4th week most crowded.

Forgive me, I haven't read thru all the responses. We go in late June right after school gets out, its crowded but manageable if you dont mind a lil planning & strategy. July 4th was a nightmare crowd-wise (we've been twice for July 4th)

Looking to a crowd calendar on another website
http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/08-august-2014-crowd-calendar/

August crowds decrease a bit! If it doesnt interfere with you regarding back to school prep (if you have kids) and the weather is acceptable, then I would shoot for August

Forgive me, I haven't read thru all the responses. We go in late June right after school gets out, its crowded but manageable if you dont mind a lil planning & strategy. July 4th was a nightmare crowd-wise (we've been twice for July 4th)

Looking to a crowd calendar on another website
http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/08-august-2014-crowd-calendar/

August crowds decrease a bit! If it doesnt interfere with you regarding back to school prep (if you have kids) and the weather is acceptable, then I would shoot for August

Yeah we decided on Aug. We are going the 2nd week to mid month. Will return home around the 17th. 4th of July :scared1: ME. WHEW!! I have a good friend going and I hope they have a great trip but I think it will be really crowded the week she is there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter