For those on the WWoHP Package arriving before June 18th

WebmasterPete

Grand Administrator
You should be aware that Universal is only opening WWoHP for two hours to on site guests. After that, it's closed for the day.

I was surprised by this, as nothing was ever mentioned about a 2 hour 'preview' when I booked my package. They had quite a few pissed off people there today when they were told they would have to leave the area by 10am.

I'm hoping they change this quickly, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up - if you're coming in on the HP package before June 18th - you may not get the access you were hoping for.

Pete

did they at least get to ride forbidden journey during the 2 hours :confused3

We are onsite June 9 with a room only, booked in January. My travel agent called me the other day to tell me the memo she got said we would be allowed in, but it sounded as though the area would NOT be open for more than that brief time each AM. It wouldn't surprise me if they continue to close it each morning after the "preview".

I am not sure what to think really, I mean, Dueling Dragons is in WWOHP, so now we are limited to access to that as well? If it it was simply FJ that was limited but the rest of the land was available 'till at least noon, that would have been a bit easier to swallow, but to NOT be able to see it at night kinda stinks too. Hmmmmmmm, Again, I understand if FJ has to be so limited, but not sure why the rest of WWOHP, there really is no valid reason that I can think of...anyone else?

O.K. - I go from excited to frustrated to just plain confused with this package. I just called to confirm this & the gentlemen who answered said, "Yes, at this time this is true; they will wait for people to come out & then you can come in for 2 hours until June the 4th." I said, "I'm coming in on June 5th." He said, "Oh, it could be different then". This is just getting too crazy. He didn't know the hours or anything; he said I'd find out when I checked in.....Wellll - do people want to fork out a lot of money and maybe not get in at all? I JUST spoke with a lady Monday who told me we would see everything & didn't mention this time constraint.

I am not sure what to think really, I mean, Dueling Dragons is in WWOHP, so now we are limited to access to that as well? If it it was simply FJ that was limited but the rest of the land was available 'till at least noon, that would have been a bit easier to swallow, but to NOT be able to see it at night kinda stinks too. Hmmmmmmm, Again, I understand if FJ has to be so limited, but not sure why the rest of WWOHP, there really is no valid reason that I can think of...anyone else?

They would have to set up the temp walls for Dueling Dragons. I'm sure this will be done when the area is not scheduled to open.

As soon as the GP realizes that the Wizarding World is open for GP softs, half of Orlando is going to descend on the park. Universal has to maintain some sort of crowd control by making these statements.

O.K. - I go from excited to frustrated to just plain confused with this package. I just called to confirm this & the gentlemen who answered said, "Yes, at this time this is true; they will wait for people to come out & then you can come in for 2 hours until June the 4th." I said, "I'm coming in on June 5th." He said, "Oh, it could be different then". This is just getting too crazy. He didn't know the hours or anything; he said I'd find out when I checked in.....Wellll - do people want to fork out a lot of money and maybe not get in at all? I JUST spoke with a lady Monday who told me we would see everything & didn't mention this time constraint.

:headache::confused3:confused:I'm right there with you, we arrive the 4th, MAYBE...just informed the kids of the current ( as in, the last 3 minutes) status, and they re not too sure they want to burn our $99 tix now, DD goes to school in Sarasota so we have to take her back in August...their wheels are spinning to just head over then ( fortunately I booked 4 nights then as well just as a back-up)I am going to have to call (not that that is bankable), because I would have to cancel by tomorrow night.
Sigh, again, not blaming Universal, just struggling with whether or not to use up our tix.

They would have to set up the temp walls for Dueling Dragons. I'm sure this will be done when the area is not scheduled to open.

As soon as the GP realizes that the Wizarding World is open for GP softs, half of Orlando is going to descend on the park. Universal has to maintain some sort of crowd control by making these statements.

If anyone there now could elaborate on this...maybe I will start a new thread asking this specifically...hate to add another thread but in our case, not having access to this ride sort of doubles the pain. Do you really think they will keep settng up/taking down walls for 3 weeks? Logic would say to just block of FJ after the 2 hours...don't they want to make $$$ on all the shops? FOOD? Just really :confused:

If anyone there now could elaborate on this...maybe I will start a new thread asking this specifically...hate to add another thread but in our case, not having access to this ride sort of doubles the pain. Do you really think they will keep settng up/taking down walls for 3 weeks? Logic would say to just block of FJ after the 2 hours...don't they want to make $$$ on all the shops? FOOD? Just really :confused:

I really want to know about this also. We will be there June 5-12 staying offsite. I understand not getting into the other areas but Dueling Dragons is an old ride and I will be upset if I don't get to ride. It is still showing as unavailable on the mobile wait time site so will it even be available at all during this time period.

One reason why the area could have closed today and maybe for the next couple of days is that TMs still have not ridden the ride. I've heard in a few places that GP softs should begin next week (as early as Tuesday). That would eliminate the mayhem of the Memorial Day weekend chaos.

I just couldn't imagine them opening the area entirely this weekend. It would be nutso.

I really want to know about this also. We will be there June 5-12 staying offsite. I understand not getting into the other areas but Dueling Dragons is an old ride and I will be upset if I don't get to ride. It is still showing as unavailable on the mobile wait time site so will it even be available at all during this time period.
I just checked the mobile time thing too. Some of the rides are pretty busy.

I just can't see Universal blocking off access to Dueling Dragons. I hope that someone responds soon.

One reason why the area could have closed today and maybe for the next couple of days is that TMs still have not ridden the ride. I've heard in a few places that GP softs should begin next week (as early as Tuesday). That would eliminate the mayhem of the Memorial Day weekend chaos.

I just couldn't imagine them opening the area entirely this weekend. It would be nutso.
That would be just delaying the inevitable. I'm going over sometime this weekend maybe Monday just...letting the crowds die down a little.

That would be just delaying the inevitable. I'm going over sometime this weekend maybe Monday just to let the crowds die down a little.

Sure it would be but they really need to build up to the mayhem. Opening it today would not allow them that. Opening it in the middle of the week would.

As with everything, I guess time will tell..and then change, and then tell again, and then change again...lol......is there a "going looney" smiley?;)

Sure it would be but they really need to build up to the mayhem. Opening it today would not allow them that. Opening it in the middle of the week would.
What they need to do is to make everything is up and running and they are ready for the thousands of people who will come that day so the sooner the better...IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter