For those of you who have taken PICKY EATERS to WS, I need advice!!

DIning out is always arduous for our group because of dh. On our most recent trip, I thought he was gonna die in Coral Reef (chosen by my BIL/SIL) as he looked at the menu! He just can't do onions, and no peppers, no sauces or capers or heavy seasonings (to me, that translates as "none of the good stuff"!!) And while he eats shrimp and crab, I would never call him a seafood lover. After great deliberation he got the mahi-mahi that thankfully was acceptable to him and while he had grave doubts about "wasabe mashed potato" that came with it, he deemed it palatable.... but nonetheless doesn't care to ever do that place again!

Anyhoooo, we normally dine at Japan for dinner in Epcot. THe meat is very good there, and fairly simple. Kids like the "show" the cook puts on. Yes, it is very much like a Benihanas or Kyoto type deal. THis last trip, however, we ate at Garden Grille. Lots of characters. Good fresh salad with a house ranch type dressing. Our meal was in a big skillet, served to our table. Kids received mac-n-c in a bowl with chicken fingers. Skillet had roasted chicken, grilled flank steak (like slices of London Broil), fried catfish (amazingly good -- DH loved this, no fishy taste AT ALL), stuffing, sauteed veggies, and some corn on cob (those little yellow ears... personally, I think they're yucky. I'd rather have canned corn or no corn at all). Also, mashed potatoes on side. Dessert for us was a type of lemon custard pie. Kids got "dirt dessert" (chocolate pudding and cookies in a jar with gummy worms). Based on what you said about your crew, I don't think Garden Grille would be the best idea. It's simple enough food -- but not the food your crew might like! Plus -- it kinda takes away that feeling of having "options" that a menu gives... everybody is stuck with same platter! My DH loved this place; he and my sister's dh ate 3 skillet-fulls, I think! My young kids enjoyed it (lots of time with the characters!) but I don't think my other BIL and his wife were that impressed.

I have it on my "to do" list for next trip to try Le Cellier.... I think my DH would just love it! I'll make sure to leave room for the Moosehead!! SOunds like it's right up my alley!!

Cindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter