• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those of you who have stayed on Deck 2, what are your thoughts?

Renee D

Earning My Ears
I just booked my second Disney Cruise last week. We were assigned cabins 2571 and 2573. This was fine with me, until I started reading posts regarding motion sickness. No one in my group had motion sickness the last time we cruise, and we were on deck 7. Do you think that there might be a problem with motion sickness the lower we are? Also, it appears that the rooms are midship on the Wonder and near the conference rooms. Have any of you stayed in this area? What are your general thoughts about deck 2? Thanks for any input.

We cruised a 4 day in 2060 on the Wonder. We loved the location. There was no noise except during dinner time because characters were right above us, and it wasn't even that bad. We felt a little bit of the motion, but nothing worse than any other part of the ship. We are sailing again and we are staying in the same spot! We loved it! As for the conference rooms, we never saw any conference going on, but I doubt that even if there was one, I don't think it would effect anything.

Ssssshhh...Deck 2 is the best-kept secret on DCL! The location is fantastic and very convenient to everything on board (with Deck 9 just a quick elevator ride away). We've stayed Forward on Deck 2 twice and Aft on Deck 2 once. We've never had a problem with motion sickness and found the experience to be no different than when we have sailed on Decks 5, 6 and 7.

I just booked my second Disney Cruise last week. We were assigned cabins 2571 and 2573. This was fine with me, until I started reading posts regarding motion sickness. No one in my group had motion sickness the last time we cruise, and we were on deck 7. Do you think that there might be a problem with motion sickness the lower we are? Also, it appears that the rooms are midship on the Wonder and near the conference rooms. Have any of you stayed in this area? What are your general thoughts about deck 2? Thanks for any input.

I have rm. 2576 booked for my 3 nite cruise next May. I specifically wanted this room for the reasons of motionsickness. Everything I have read about states these room locations are great to combat it. I even put a note on my ressie "NO UPGRADE'S". I think you've made a good room choice. Good luck to you, I am PRAYING all works well for me!:goodvibes

In two weeks, we'll be on our third crusie staying on Deck 2. No problems whatsoever! :thumbsup2

Love deck 2! I actually like it better than a room with a verandah. But like Crafty said, don't tell!

We have stayed on Deck two for 3 out of 5 cruises and love it. You did good, go and enjoy.

We've stayed on deck 2, 2 out of 3 cruises and we love it. Last Nov. we were upgraded to deck 8 and we could feel the motion so much more up there. When we were on deck 2 we could never feel anything. I think you will love deck 2.

We had no motion sickness trouble in 2021 on the Wonder back in 2004.

Mel
x

Conventional wisdom states the lower you are, the less motion you will feel. You will be fine. Our first cruise we were on Deck 2 and got hooked.

Thanks so much for all the input. I feel much better now. Now, if February 2009 would just hurry up and get here.:)

We had our first DC in room 2146. We were with two other familes that wer next to us and they had no problems (and they were ones to get sick), we had no problem with it eather. I think if you are raly worried you may try for a room mid ship, that should be with the least amout of movement. It was nice and location was good.

We have been on deck two for most of our cruises. It works for us. I have booked deck two again and it will be a loooong wait!

We will be going on our third cruise July 20th. We have had room 2012 on all three. The great thing about these rooms is that nothing is down there, so not allot of traffic. :yay:

Was in 2550 last month
No motion or noise at all. And very convenient for everything
Have booked same cabin for next year!

We will be going on our third cruise July 20th. We have had room 2012 on all three. The great thing about these rooms is that nothing is down there, so not allot of traffic. :yay:

This is great news to hear since we have recently been assigned room 2010 for our 5 day cruise starting 9/1. We had GTY status and just got the stateroom assignments...I was hoping this would be a good spot for us.

We reserved a category 9 and the deck choices seem to be pretty much decks 1 or 2, so I have been reading any posts pertaining to these areas. I have to say that very regularly people have good things to say about deck 2. I am trusting the DIS opinions :goodvibes

On our last two cruises we were in cat. 9, deck 2, midship. Our next one we have GTY cat. 9. I'm really hoping to get deck 2, midship again.

I LOVE DECK 2!!!

Been on deck two 8 of 9 cruises and hope to be there for the ebrepro in Aug. No room assignment yet:cool1: :banana:

We love Deck 2!!! The location is perfect. We've stayed on Deck 2 midship twice (the other two times were Deck 5 forward).

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Has anyone ever stayed on deck 1? My DH's parents are taking all of their kids and grandkids on the Magic on July 20th. We have sailed multiple times before on the Magic but have never stayed on Deck 1. I don't even think there are that many rooms down there for guests. We all have outside/porthole rooms next to each other so that should be fun. I think some of the rooms on this deck are for crew members as well? I would love any feedback anyone has about this location! Thanks! Mrs. Mouse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter