• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those of you who have flown out of Louisville...

Alesia

DIS Veteran
My flight leaves at 7:25 am. What time should I plan on getting to the airport?

We always take that 1st, NS flight out of L'ville! It used to be @ 7 but ours is now for 7:25 also!!! Anyway, we always get there 1 & 1/2 hours early. We always have more than enough time to check our luggage in and get through security.

We fly out of SDF also (we're in Buckner!). My sister in law is a supervisor for SWA and recommends 1 1/2 hr minimum for check in.

We live 15 min. west of the Lexington airport, but always fly Louisville because of cost. If you are at SDF by 6:00 AM for a 7:25 AM flight, you should be fine.

Thank you all so much! We have to drive 1 1/2 hours to get there, so we don't want to cheat ourselves out of any more sleep than necessary.

1 1/2 hours from Louisville? That's what it takes us, and I from Evansville. We always try to fly out of Louisville, but I found a cheaper flight from Nashville (which is farther). Southwest from Nashville for 4 was a total of $650.00. Louisville was much higher.
When we DO fly out of Louisville we try to get there at least 1 1/2 hours before the flight. At times there are long lines to go through security and that always scares me that I might miss the flight.

:goodvibes

I wouldn't think you would have too much trouble since your flight is so early but on more than one occasion I've almost missed flights b/c the security line at SDF was so long, and the TSA people do NOT care that you're about to miss a flight :scared1:

1 1/2 hours from Louisville? That's what it takes us, and I from Evansville. We always try to fly out of Louisville, but I found a cheaper flight from Nashville (which is farther). Southwest from Nashville for 4 was a total of $650.00. Louisville was much higher.
When we DO fly out of Louisville we try to get there at least 1 1/2 hours before the flight. At times there are long lines to go through security and that always scares me that I might miss the flight.

:goodvibes

I'm from Evansville, too :goodvibes

My flight leaves at 7:25 am. What time should I plan on getting to the airport?

If you are on Delta, be sure and keep any eye on your flight as they are consolidating flights I guess to save gas. I was on that early direct flight and they cancelled it for my date.....:mad:

Shut up - I'm from Owensboro! We're neighbors!!! Are you all going in Oct? We'll be there Oct 11-19th. I'm having trouble with rental cars. All of the discount codes I see are only for the upcoming month. I like to have my ducks in a row & can't stand to wait until last minute to book things. Any advise????

Shut up - I'm from Owensboro! We're neighbors!!! Are you all going in Oct? We'll be there Oct 11-19th. I'm having trouble with rental cars. All of the discount codes I see are only for the upcoming month. I like to have my ducks in a row & can't stand to wait until last minute to book things. Any advise????

:( Unfortunately, we won't be there until next March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter