• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

for those of you who can't get CRT-- 1900 is great!

jenniferma

DIS Veteran
Hi-- I just wanted to tell anyone who (like me) couldn't get a ressie at CRT (we only had a nine week time frame for planning).. 1900 Park Fare Dinner at the Grand Floridan is WONDERFUL!

The food was good-- I would compare it to Crystal Palace.. but we loved this dinner for the character interaction. Our DD2 is a HUGE Cinderella fan and she got to see Cinderella enter the dining room that evening (from the lobby).. her jaw literally dropped! We had a 4:50 sitting.. she met the Fairy Godmother, Suzy and Perla twice a piece and Cinderella and the cutest Prince Charming! We got some GREAT shots of her with the Prince.. probably one of my favorite pictures from our trip!

So.. for those of you who are looking for Cinderella-- I highly recommend and so would DD2!
have a great trip- jen

Thanks for the tip! We are probably going to try dinner here for our visit in Dec. We will be on the DDP and did'nt want to use 2 credits so..... we will give it a shot. Glad you had a great time. :sunny:

I'm happy to read this!!

We've never been to Disney before but are coming in September.

I booked dinner at 1900 one night for two reasons. 1, I read reviews here and 2 (biggest reason) I didn't want to use 2 ts for each of us out of our dining plan for CRT.

I'm sure my little cinderella lover till enjoy it too!

So glad you liked it! Dh even asked to go back here and he was sure he would hate it since Cindy was involved! We are going back. It was a nice cheaper way for DD to meet Cindy and the mice were wonderful!!!!!!

I'm so glad to hear this! We were torn between 1900 PF and Akershus in Norway because we wanted DD (also 2) to see princesses, even though Cinderella is her favorite. We made our 1900 PF reservations last night for our trip in July.

I was just wondering if 1900 Park Fare is dressy or casual? Anyone wear princess dresses? I have two daughters ages 2 & 4 who would love this but not sure if I want to bring their princess dresses. Hoping casual is okay.

I would like to know about the princesses dresses too. Going to be taking our 3 year old and I wanted to give her a Cinderella dress to wear. Would hate to think she might be the only one.

We took our two DD's there in 2004 and thought it was great. There were girls in their Cinderella best and those in short outfits. One DD wore a short set and one wore a dress (two girls -- so different).

The Prince was great -- had to come to our table three times before he got both girls! One was always up at the buffet as he circulated, but he remembered and came back to make sure he saw both of them. Perla and Suzy came by twice.

Goofy is also hanging out to keep everyone entertained prior to entering for your ADR. I would highly recommend 1900 for dinner.

We ate there on May 1 and little girls in Princess dresses were out in full force. There were quite a few who had clearly been to the Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique earlier that day. And the character interaction was good. The mice were very fun, and Cinderella was sweet and pretty as ever. My little sisters also enjoyed getting their picture taken with Prince Charming.

I'm figuring that the only dress code they have at 1900 Park Fare is that guests dining there be clothed. We saw some wedding parties eating there and they looked out of place in tuxes and formal gown compared to the diners in standard vacation attire.

We all found the food to taste fine as well. I thought it was better than most buffets around home that I refuse to go to since I usually feel sick and stuffed afterwards. At 1900 Park Fare, I was only stuffed.

If your girls want to wear their dresses by all means - let them. last year DD4 (at the time)wore her and DS3 (at the time) wore General Shang (Mulan's Prince) it was incredible. This year - DD5 is going to Bibbdi Bobbid Boutique has a 4:50 appointment to get her hair, nail and make-up done; then we will meet the boys at the GF for our dinner with Cindy. I have no idea what DS will wear this year - he wants to wear Power Rangers (I won't let him) but I can't find a Prince Costume for him this year and he doesn't fit into Shang anymore.. we love 1900

thanks for posting this thread. We are also going to try for ressies at 1900 to see cinderella. Last visit we went to the princess breakfast and had a great time, but DD6 was bummed that she didn't see cinderella on the whole trip. This year we WILL.

When we were there last week.. there was a mix of little girls in their princess dresses and some in just normal clothes. Most of the crowd was dressed casually...

If anyone wants to see pics- I would be happy to share! Just PM me.. I am afraid I don't know how to post pics on here.. I learned once and can't remember.
have a great night- jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter