For those of you who book directly thru DCL...

UGAFan0829

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering if anyone ever picks their stateroom when they book, or do you just wait and see what DCL assigns you?
I was about to make ressies for a 4 night in January, and wasn't sure if I should pick my stateroom or not. We're doing Cat. 5 again, and last time we ended up with one of the solid verandahs. Anyone have any opinions?

If you have a favorite part of the ship or a favorite cabin, by all means request it. Why take pot luck if you know what you want. On the other hand, if you really don't have a preference, let them assign you.

We let them assign it this time we cruised, but next time we will pick now that we know all the inside secrets!

We booked our cruise through DCL, and asked for a plexiglass verandah which we received. It was for the August repo and we booked the day they went on sale if that makes any difference. She gave me the cabin # right away, and it has the clear verandah.

I'm wondering, have you found the pricing to be better with DCL than when you shopped around TAs......???? I've always compared TA pricing to DCL, including the 10% discount you receive by booking onboard, and my TA always blows away DCL's pricing....also, his personal service is outstanding......

The only possible negative I've ever encountered in booking through my TA is every change or request must be made specifically through him vs DCL....

Please advise...

I booked directly through DCL - I needed to book 4 rooms and fly people in from all over the USA :earseek: they were amazing ( and still are - when I call for more answers ) we were able to put most of us side by side and rooms were assigned!

:cheer2:

We book in suites and it is much easier to deal directly with DCL as opposed to a TA. I have found this easier because DCL can offer you alternatives and you can respond quickly, eliminating the back and forth of a TA.

staceymerrill said:
I'm wondering, have you found the pricing to be better with DCL than when you shopped around TAs......???? I've always compared TA pricing to DCL, including the 10% discount you receive by booking onboard, and my TA always blows away DCL's pricing....also, his personal service is outstanding......

The only possible negative I've ever encountered in booking through my TA is every change or request must be made specifically through him vs DCL....

Please advise...

I booked both of my cruises through Disney. I've never been lucky enough to get a cheaper rate through another TA. It must be my timing. Both of my cruises were booked the day the rates were released so, I seem to get the cheapest rate anyway. I check with DreamsUnlimited & Costco both times and the rate was the same....

staceymerrill said:

Please advise...

To be very honest, I am just very afraid of using a TA. I guess I like having things in my control. I don't like the idea of having to go through a TA to make changes, or to wait on them to mail me my docs, etc. For some reason I just feel better doing it myself thru DCL. I booked our previous cruise the same way, and it worked just fine. My main concern was wether or not I should pick my stateroom! Thanks for the advice though!

We booked our Oct 23, 05 4-Day Wonder cruise a year ago, directly with DCL. We specifically wanted rooms 5022 & 5024 and got them. I have checked with other online booking agents and didn't see much of a difference in price. I don't like using TA's. I like dealing directly with hotels, Amtrak, and now DCL. I feel I have more control over my reservations and don't have to rely on someone else to "get it right".

Kris :wave2:

94 days till we leave for our 30th Anniversary 4-day Wonder Cruise and a few days at PO-R

Henlady said:
We booked our Oct 23, 05 4-Day Wonder cruise a year ago, directly with DCL. We specifically wanted rooms 5022 & 5024 and got them. I have checked with other online booking agents and didn't see much of a difference in price. I don't like using TA's. I like dealing directly with hotels, Amtrak, and now DCL. I feel I have more control over my reservations and don't have to rely on someone else to "get it right".

Kris :wave2:

94 days till we leave for our 30th Anniversary 4-day Wonder Cruise and a few days at PO-R

Yep, that's pretty much the way that I feel! :flower:

We've always booked directly with DCL and have always gotten excellent attention. You can always request the specific stateroom...but you may not always get it. They will tell you what's available in the category or deck that you like and then you can pick. It's advisable to have the deck plan with you when you do this.
:earboy2: :earboy2: :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter