For those of you using Dreams! How is your agent?

Savin4Disney

DIS Veteran
I am getting a bit worried. Seems like she takes longer and longer to answer my emails. And sometimes is a bit short in her messages when I ask if she has gotten my email and been able to finish the task I asked her for.

My trip is 90 days out and I am getting worried. Did I make a mistake and book with Dreams instead of Disney?

I used Dreams to book my stay in December and haven't had a problem on any responses to my email requests or questions. I usually get a response within a day, two at worst. She also sends out reminders if a certain deadline date is coming up or if she is going on vacation.

Barb has been great. :flower:

Out of the blue, My parents decided to join us for part of our trip. DU's server was down, but Barb took care of everything. Then she had to re-do some of our ADRs to add in my parents. All this at about 50 days from our trip. She's been very helpful. :)

Very interesting! My AR time is now and she did not ask me for anything. I have emailed it to her but have not heard a response. She did not even remind me or my traveling partner (2 seperate reservations) that the time for making them was coming up.

I have read lots of good things about Barb and if I book again for next year with Dream. I will ask for Barb. I am not thrilled with who I have now.

As with any travel company, it is only as good as the agent who is representing them when you deal with them. This is our 2nd time booking through DU. Last year our agent was good booking everything we asked for, but then when we checked in realized that she messed up booking and we did not receive the discount promised. She was going to take care of it out of her commission, but then all communications stopped.

Decided to give a 2nd chance this year and we were assigned Dan. He is excellent. Responds within hours to emails and sends us emails on when he is going on vacation and lets us know which agent is covering for him while he is out. At this time I would recommend Dan.

We had spectacular service from two agents, one of them just took a leave of absence and the agent we were reassigned to is suddenly MIA. We can't get an answer to multiple emails. I need to know if she got my flight info for Magical Express, we have two people in the group who want to book a Keys tour and I have additional ADR requests. We go in October and I am starting to get upset.

What is even worse is that we have APs and are hoping desperately for codes. If they do relase AP codes, it will be any day now. I have no idea if my DU Agent is watching out for me.

I have a friend who booked trip using dreams and has had same complaints about lack of email replys etc. I personally used them for cruise and it seems my service has been ok but I still can't say I have a direct contact person.

Sorry to hear this is happening to others too. I can only sit here and wait and I don't mind waiting..but I hate waiting with not knowing if anyone is doing anything is what getting to me. IF I knew my PS were being taken care or if she even read my email. Then I would be okay.

Next trip! I do it on my own!

My person has been great so far (Rhonda). She answers emails very quickly, even if it's on a weekend. I have a looooong way to go (292 days), but she's been very helpful so far!

Now I am really mad! :mad: I got an email from my Agent saying she can't do PS until August 26 (that is my 90 day mark). Which is incorrect. My 90 day mark was the 19th of August. I am so UNHAPPY :mad: with DREAMS and the AGENT! I will be very :mad: if we do not get the Princess Breakfast or LTT cause she did not call on TIME!

I will be watching my email tomorrow expecting an answer from her and that she booked my PS! This is exactly why I used Dreams cause I did not have the time to call and now I would have done it myself.

We check in on Nov. 19

Someone please send me some Pixie Dust!!!

Since the owner of DU and the DIS is one and the same, I sure hope someone is paying attention. I started a thread on this the other day, and it seems like quite a few people are suddenly having problems with Dreams Agents.

I am so sorry that this is happening to you. :( I am hopeful that everything will be made right for you.

Savin4Disney said:
Basically she has till a certain time today to answer my email. If not I am taking it higher up.

Do you have an email for someone higher up?

I heard from my Agent this morning, and she copied me an email she sent previously that I never received. Looks like emails they sent during a certain time period never got through. She has already taken care of everything I had asked for previously...this is the Dreams I am used to! Big sigh of relief.

I hope everyone else gets their communications straightened out.

Savin4Disney said:
...can't do PS until August 26 (that is my 90 day mark). Which is incorrect. My 90 day mark was the 19th of August...
We check in on Nov. 19

You might want to take another look at your calendar to be sure you're counting days correctly.

The 19th of August was actually 92 days before your trip begins on Nov 19.

well if that is the case. Then the calendar Dreams provides on the itinerary is wrong.

I already missed out Cindy's cause of bad communication. Now I have to wait till Friday to call for LTT. When I could have done this all 90 days out with the 10 add on.

I have always used Dagny and LOVE her! I did book a cruise for someone else and they assigned me Carole. I wasn't as happy with her since it seemed that her responses were delayed and the communication wasn't as good for us as it is between Dagny and me. I just e-mailed DU and told them my concerns, they are transfering the ressie to Dagny.
Don't give up on DU, they really are one of the best and DCL will not automatically give you a discount if it comes out, DU will. I also know that if you want something and it isn't available, DU will continue searching for it while DCL doesn't. I have used DU since 2000, probably on at least 10 trips and have never been disappointed with them. It is like any business, sometimes you have an employee who doesn't do what is needed. DU needs to know this.

I will say now that I made a stink here. Things are getting done. I am not asking for the world. Just to have things done in a timely manner. And let me know you got my emails.

Looks like she is on top of it. And with a little pixie dust Cindy's will happen as will LTT since they are both full for times I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter