• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those of you looking at the iPhone 4S and 5 at Best Buy....

3boymthr

DIS Veteran
Target is having the same sale. I found this out when I went to the store to ask if they'd price match on the phone I bought a couple of weeks ago and the sales person pointed out the price change was in effect at Target as well. They dropped the price on Wednesday of last week. They just aren't advertising it. Turns out I was past the price match period but not past the return period. Luckily there is no restocking or other fee to return/exchange so I'm exchanging tomorrow AM getting the same exact style phone and saving the $50 :cool1:

ETA - Target will honor the 5% Red Card Discount on the price of the iPhone :thumbsup2 They will also allow you to pay with those $10 promotional gift cards you got last week for spending $50 :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sam's Club was also waiving the activation fee (I'm not sure if they still are or not). It was $127 plus tax for the iPhone 5 16GB.

This is the rest of the retail marketplace reacting to Walmart's recent deal they struck with Apple -- for the first time ever in "big retail", certain Apple products are getting discounted (just in time for the holidays). They are:
  • iPhone 5 - $127 (w/two-year activation agreement)
  • iPhone 4S - $47 (w/two-year activation agreement)
  • Third (last) generation iPad - $399
Definitely good news if you're looking for any of these items (and willing to make a 2-year commitment on the iPhone).

Appearantly, this is nationwide at Walmart -- as for other retailers, until they make similar announcements to the media, YMMV.

Yep - just got an iphone 5 at Sam's Club for $128 and no activation fee yesterday. I got the last phone at our club! Really can't beat that deal!

its worth a try. got AtT to agree. but first charged me full price for 4s and then credited me $50 as good customer. worked for me.

thanks for the post, I went and got the galaxy S3 for 50.00 from best buy.. lovin my new phone!! Merry Christmas to me..
thanks again for put this up, I know its not the iphone but I thought maybe if thats on sale maybe the galaxy was too and it was. :thumbsup2

I bought the 5 for my girlfriend for Xmas at best buy and they matched Walmart's $127 price.

I went yesterday to exchange the phone. Instead of taking back the phone I had and giving me a new one they performed some sort of hocus pocus with the computer and handed me back the phone I walked in with. Took about 15 minutes and I walked out with $52.50 :thumbsup2

We got our iphones at the AT&T store today. They would not match Sam's prices, but did match Best Buy's price, $49 since it was listed on the website. (Sam's club waives activation fees one weekend a month and it had ended, so we missed out on that.) But AT&T was having a special on otter boxes, so the boys are getting otter boxes as well.

How does it work if you still are under contract with your last phone?

I have a IPhone 4S -- can't upgrade thru ATT until June. Does anyone know if I can get the Iphone 5 at this price??

I upgraded two 3GS iphones at WalMart yesterday to one 5 and one 4S (for the same prices listed above).

Just wanted to mention here what the salesman told me about these prices. Take it fwiw. He said they don't know how long the prices will be discounted; that the-powers-that-be take it day by day as they analyze sales data - which I interpreted as, the discounts will continue as long as sales are slow.

I'd say if you're thinking of buying, don't wait, although if the slow phone sales counters that I saw yesterday are any indication, then prices may stay discounted for a while.

Now if I can get my 800 songs back that were somehow lost, :scared: I'll be happy. Everything else seems to have transferred over nicely.

PS thanks for the post, OP.

How does it work if you still are under contract with your last phone?

I have a IPhone 4S -- can't upgrade thru ATT until June. Does anyone know if I can get the Iphone 5 at this price??

No you cant get it at these prices....I have a 4S that isn't due for upgrade until 5/8/13, I was out shopping yesterday, dropped my 4S on the pavement and it shattered. I was on the phone all day yesterday trying to get them to waive the upgrade date to no avail. The best I can get it for is $449. :sad:

Pea-n-Me said:
I upgraded two 3GS iphones at WalMart yesterday to one 5 and one 4S (for the same prices listed above).

Just wanted to mention here what the salesman told me about these prices. Take it fwiw. He said they don't know how long the prices will be discounted; that the-powers-that-be take it day by day as they analyze sales data - which I interpreted as, the discounts will continue as long as sales are slow.

I'd say if you're thinking of buying, don't wait, although if the slow phone sales counters that I saw yesterday are any indication, then prices may stay discounted for a while.

Now if I can get my 800 songs back that were somehow lost, :scared: I'll be happy. Everything else seems to have transferred over nicely.

PS thanks for the post, OP.

I was basically told the same thing at Wal-Mart on Sunday when I upgraded to the galaxy s3. Someone was panicking because the iphones were out at the moment. He said they are "roll back" prices and won't go back up.

ATT retail store in my area would not price match or give a $50 credit. Instead offered a discount on case or waive activation fee. I left the store and came home to call ATT customer service, again they cannot price match but gave me a $50 credit on my account :thumbsup2

To the op that purchased a Galaxy S3; where did you get it for $50 .... can you link me? I'm due for an upgrade as is my duh and he wants the S3. I'm getting an iPhone 5... don't think I'll ever switch, lol

Another thought. My son's text only phone is under contract until August 2013 and he wants an iphone for Christmas. For us, it's cheaper to pay the $104 Early Termination Fee, cancel his line, and then go to Walmart or Best Buy to get a new iphone deal. The price of the iPhone 5 is a great price!

Another thought. My son's text only phone is under contract until August 2013 and he wants an iphone for Christmas. For us, it's cheaper to pay the $104 Early Termination Fee, cancel his line, and then go to Walmart or Best Buy to get a new iphone deal. The price of the iPhone 5 is a great price!
They wont let you do that. Your going to have to add a line to your account to get the deal (which means a new phone number) and then cancel your sons line. How do I know this you ask....I dropped my 4s the other day and it shattered. I'm not due for an upgrade until 5/8/13. I was going to do the same thing, just cancel and readd but they said what will happen is if you cancel and then add a line in the next 45 days, your phone that was cancelled will just be reactivated with the same number and contract agreement. We have a family share with 5 lines already(max you can have) so I had to switch our plan to the mobile share plan(max is 10 devices), add a line to get the deal on the iphone, then cancel the line on my broken phone.

I just don't want you to cancel his line and pay the fee only to find out your no further ahead! Good luck.

kalliyan1 said:
They wont let you do that. Your going to have to add a line to your account to get the deal (which means a new phone number) and then cancel your sons line. How do I know this you ask....I dropped my 4s the other day and it shattered. I'm not due for an upgrade until 5/8/13. I was going to do the same thing, just cancel and readd but they said what will happen is if you cancel and then add a line in the next 45 days, your phone that was cancelled will just be reactivated with the same number and contract agreement. We have a family share with 5 lines already(max you can have) so I had to switch our plan to the mobile share plan(max is 10 devices), add a line to get the deal on the iphone, then cancel the line on my broken phone.

I just don't want you to cancel his line and pay the fee only to find out your no further ahead! Good luck.

How do you switch to the mobile share? we also have the max 5 lines but would love to add my now 12 year old since she is getting older and is spending more time at after school and sporting events. We're currently paying extra money per month to put time on a go plan for her...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter