• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those of you in WDW during Columbus week 07 - questions

100AcreMom

Disney Addict
:thumbsup2 How were the crowds during Columbus week? We usually go the second week in September, and don't know what to expect for this time period. I'd love to hear your experiences regarding wait times, restaurant crowds, etc. Thanks!

The crowds were much more than I anticipated for the rest of the week after Columbus Day (expected them on that day....) Many schools across the country have a fall break that week. Relatively speaking, it was less crowded than summer and holidays. We did most everything with little wait early and with Fast Pass. Animal Kingdom was unbearaby crowded for us.
We did fine with the restaurants but we had ADRs for pretty much everything we did.
It was pretty hot a few of the days, I remember. We did MNSSHP and it wasn't too crowded, but it rained on the night we went.
It's a decent time to go...

we were there last year eveything was fine until the long weekend came up then the parks were crowed. MK was packed, that was the park we were in on Saturday.

That's our week too, it has become increasingly busier each of the past several years. Stay away from the park with the EMH and you will be fine. It is still much better than any summer week.

we were there last year eveything was fine until the long weekend came up then the parks were crowed. MK was packed, that was the park we were in on Saturday.

Do you mean the weekend before Columbus Day? Were you there for the Tuesday - Saturday AFTER Columbus day? How were those days?
Or are you saying the weekend after Columbus Day was worse?

I'm very interested in what ya'll have to say about this week also.
We'll be there this year.
Was anybody at MK on Monday, Columbus Day, last year and how was the crowd level?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter