For those just back, where did you eat Thanksgiving?

hcmommy

Mouseketeer
Where did you eat Thanksgiving dinner at WDW and how was it? Trying to get ideas for next year. Thanks.

We ate at 1pm at Le Cellier. They did offer a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, but we all opted for the Mushroom filet. We got back to Port Orleans Riverside at about 9:30 and my teenage boys were THRILLED that they were still able to get a Thanksgiving dinner at Riverside Mill. It still counted as counter-service (we were on the dining plan) and they said it was awesome (the little that I tasted WAS very good). DH, DD and i were still somehow pretty full from Le Cellier, so we just had little personal pizzas.......

We had a late lunch in the castle. :lovestruc

And because we had a late lunch booked, we did a brunch (since we skipped breakfast) earlier at The Diamond Horseshoe - I never even realized that was a food place but it is tops of my list now. The turkey there was AMAZING! Better than home cooked.
We did have to sit on the floor to eat though since there were far more tables and empty counters than there were chairs.

We had a late lunch in the castle. :lovestruc

And because we had a late lunch booked, we did a brunch (since we skipped breakfast) earlier at The Diamond Horseshoe - I never even realized that was a food place but it is tops of my list now. The turkey there was AMAZING! Better than home cooked.
We did have to sit on the floor to eat though since there were far more tables and empty counters than there were chairs.

Diamond Horseshoe is not a typical place to dine. Disney opens it during peak holidays as an alternative place to eat due to a heavy increase in crowds. But it's a good thing to mention for someone going next Thanksgiving. I'd probably overlook it because it's not open most of the year.

We had a late lunch at WCC and it was very good. An added bonus was checking out the Christmas decorations at WL:flower3:

We had a 1pm at Hollywood and Vine. It was terrible. The food was iffy at best and the noise level was nearly unbearable. Even my daughter was hard pressed to find something to eat off the buffet. We will not be back.
On the up side I booked us a 'late night snack' at Paradiso 37 for 9p. We showed up at 8, they seated us early, the food and wait staff were wonderful. I can't wait for my next trip to go back!

We had an ADR for The Captain's Grille at The Yacht Club for 1:50pm. We arrived at 1:30 and were seated immediately. It was wonderful! :thumbsup2

Full holiday buffet w/ all the traditional Thanksgiving food plus much, much more. I highly recommend it! We also had a nice little private dining area (our own room!) which was very nice. We had 8 people with us and were on the DDP and it was one TS credit.

We had a 1pm at Hollywood and Vine. It was terrible. The food was iffy at best and the noise level was nearly unbearable. Even my daughter was hard pressed to find something to eat off the buffet. We will not be back.
On the up side I booked us a 'late night snack' at Paradiso 37 for 9p. We showed up at 8, they seated us early, the food and wait staff were wonderful. I can't wait for my next trip to go back!

I love Paradiso! A lot of people don't know about it but it's great! :) I'm sorry about your experience at H&V though. I was there a few years ago for Play & Dine, and we thought it was nuts.

We did the early Hoop-De-Doo after Magic Kingdom
touring during the day. It was a fun thing to do as a
family on Thanksgiving Day. Food was good for what
it is and our waitress was a hoot. Corny jokes and they
also sang a few Christmas songs.

We ate at Boma for dinner. It was great. They have traditional Thanksgiving food (turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing...) as well as the usual buffet.

We ate at Mama Melrose. It was great. Not traditional Thanksgiving food obviously, but fit right into our plans of eating dinner, watching the Osbourne Lights and using our TSM FP to end the evening!

1900 Park Fare. It was great. They had a traditional Thanksgiving meal available too.

We ate at Cape May Cafe. It was superb! :cloud9: They had their usual clambake fare / crablegs, etc. in addition to turkey breast, sweet potatoes, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce and special Thanksgiving mini desserts like caramel cheesecake, pumpkin tarts, chocolate pecan pie tarts... Everything was incredibly tasty and I would go there again for Thanksgiving dinner (or any dinner, for that matter) in a heartbeat!

Cape May Cafe turned out to be the unanimous favorite restaurant for my family this trip (and we also went to 1900 Park Fare, Ohana and Le Cellier).

We liked Cape May so much we cancelled our Garden Grill ADR for our last night and made another ADR at Cape May!

Friends on ours were there for Thanksgiving and ate at Tony's in the Magic Kingdom. They had the traditional turkey dinner on the menu if you wanted it but, they enjoyed the pasta dishes instead.

We had an ADR for The Captain's Grille at The Yacht Club for 1:50pm. We arrived at 1:30 and were seated immediately. It was wonderful! :thumbsup2

Full holiday buffet w/ all the traditional Thanksgiving food plus much, much more. I highly recommend it! We also had a nice little private dining area (our own room!) which was very nice. We had 8 people with us and were on the DDP and it was one TS credit.

We ate there that evening and was not impressed. Would have loved to have been able to order off the regular menu too. Waiter was good and even sang to me and my hubby for our anniversary. just not impressed with our food choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter