For those inquiring about the new Picabu's at the Dolphin

Blondie

~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys
It's open and doing well!

There's been a HUGE change in decor, a much needed update I think. It's an explosion of color now! As you enter, you hear rainforest like sounds, and sounds from an aquarium to add to the atmosphere.

Here are the photos I took while there last week. We didn't try it out, but there was always someone dining.

DSCN1061.jpg

DSCN1062.jpg

DSCN0778.jpg

DSCN0779.jpg

DSCN0780.jpg

DSCN0781.jpg

DSCN0782.jpg

DSCN0783.jpg

DSCN0784.jpg

DSCN0785.jpg

DSCN0788.jpg

DSCN0789.jpg

Wow! That looks very nice. We'll be there in a month and will have to give it a try. Do they still have refillable mugs?

WOW - thanks for the pictures, it look great.

Sadly, but not surprisingly, it seems like the prices are a bit higher.

Looks like quite an improvement! I always hated the name "Tubbi's".

zagafi said:
Wow! That looks very nice. We'll be there in a month and will have to give it a try. Do they still have refillable mugs?

I didn't notice the refillable mugs that used to be by the register, but I wasn't really looking for them either, sorry!

Thanks for the pics and update. Our family will be staying at the Dolphin June 16-18 with teacher discount. That family meal looked like a good deal. By the end of our vacation we'll be looking for ways to cut costs. Did you like your stay at the Dolphin?

Lisa, we stayed at the Swan this time, but have stayed at the Dolphin a total of 4 times, and the Swan 3 times now.

We always have a great stay, impeccable housekeeping and beautiful views.

I'll be posting a thread on the Resorts Board in a few mins. with photos of our room (Junior Suite) and the outstanding views we had!

zagafi said:

We were there last week & yes, they do have refillable mugs at the registers. I believe they were $9.99 each.

We stopped in a couple of weeks ago & thought the new decor looked great. We had our hearts set on pizza--we loved Tubbi's fresh-made pizza--but they no longer serve it! The items they did have looked really good. Thanks for the pics.

We used to get their pizza at least once during a visit. It was better than pizza from the Spoodles take out window, at least we thought so.

Maybe they'll bring it back eventually.

I'll miss the pizza :guilty:. I thought it was way better than the one at Spoodles.

I didn't see the grilled cheese on the allears menu and I'm relieved to see on the menu board :cool1:

Thanks for the Pikabu update Blondie! We usually end up eating a meal there almost every day and I was worried about what would happen to my favourite quick meal place :)

We were at the Swan from April 26 to May 9. Had a terrific trip. We ate at Picabu's often, and did have pizza. It wasn't identical to the Tubbi's Pizza, but still quite good.

You can't beat the Swan Dolphin! :)

I was just there the first week of May, it looks great but yes the prices are very high a breakfast platter of scrambled eggs, choice of meat, potatoes & toast was $8.xx, the food was cold and toast was not buttered so by the time you got to your table the butter did not melt. I was very disappointed and did not go back. I took a 5 minute walk over to the Boardwalk bakery instead for a danish or an egg sandwhich or egg burrito! much more reasonable & a great view

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter