For those in GTY 12 cabins on the Nov 11th cruise...what cabin assignment did you get

colbybug

DIS Veteran
I got mine today and wasn't really thrilled. I was hoping for more since the ship didn't seem really full but I probably should be happy with what I got - so the saying goes!
We booked a gty 12 and got an 11 on deck 6. I already called to inquire about an upgrade and the lady said that indeed I had already received an upgrade by getting an 11 - that if I hadn't, I would have been placed on Deck 1 or 2. (which I have stayed on and it isn't that bad). To me, where you are placed on the ship/level is. This cruise, our room is at the very front of the ship and on past cruises (although none being Disney), that is where I have felt the most motion. Oh well. I am thrilled to be going. :cool1: :woohoo: :cheer2: I would probably take any cabin! Heck, I'd sleep in a deck chair!
Good luck to all of you on your cabin assignment (who booked Gty 12's) on the November Double Dip. Here's wishing you an upgrade :wizard:
Be sure and post what you get!

Kathy

Did you find out on the website or did you call? My res on the website still says GTY...

Just looked again and we got a sideways 11 on deck 6. I hear that room assignments are subject to change up until boarding. We still saved $$ by booking the 12gty.

Hi

We are also on the Nov double dip. We were in a GTY 12. Just looked at our reservations and it says Room 6145. We were upgraded to Catagory 11 on Deck 6. Maybe we'll be upgraded again before we leave.

Jacqueline :cool1:

colbybug said:
I got mine today and wasn't really thrilled. I was hoping for more since the ship didn't seem really full but I probably should be happy with what I got - so the saying goes!
Kathy

Kathy, I'm on this cruise as well. I called my TA on Tuesday to see about buying an upgrade, or at least changing my room to a better location. I'm in cat 9 near the front elevators. They said there were a few Cat 8s and some verandahs (Cat 6?) available, but the cost to upgrade was steep. Maybe because I booked 16 months ago I got a great price. As for the Cat 9s, she said there were none left. I could switch to a GTY, but I didn't want to do that.

The TA said that this sailing is pretty full, even though everyone on this board seems to say its not. I wonder what's going on? I'm still hoping that when we get to the dock that they will lower the price to upgrade. I would love to get a verandah for this cruise. I think that would be the best...just sitting on the verandah having breakfast as we cruise to Seven Seas!

Jack

If you go on Disneycruise.com and try to book a CAT9 room, it lists 3 cabins available on deck 1 (1058,1056,1062). Your TA may have meant the only CAT 9's available are similar to what you have.

jdm_dkm said:
If you go on Disneycruise.com and try to book a CAT9 room, it lists 3 cabins available on deck 1 (1058,1056,1062). Your TA may have meant the only CAT 9's available are similar to what you have.

Depends on whether these rooms have 2, 3 or 4 people may make a difference on what is available

According to the DCL site this cruise does seem to be pretty full. You can't go by which categories are listed on the first page when you pull up the date. This is what was available in each category. I only searched for 2 adults to find out which rooms are actually open without having the kid's club capacity come into play.

12 - 3 rooms
11 - 6 rooms
10 - GTY
9 - 3 rooms on deck 1 GTY for others
8 - GTY
7 - 7 rooms
6 - lots of rooms
5 - lots of rooms
4 - lots of rooms

This means that they are overbooking the 8-10s and will be moving those people up as more people book.

Woo hoo! :banana: That means a chance for an upgrade! We're the people on deck 1 in cat. 9 with no one around us. They should take pity on us and move us up!

Lauri

Lauri... there are couple of you down there. Colbybug.. nice to meet you . We are on your cruise as well. Some of the people in my group booked a Cat 12 GTY and are on deck 5 Cat 11.

I would be happy if the upgraded me to a cat 2 as I was waitlisted for ever, but alas that will never happen and I will be very content in a cat7. I agree with colbybug..I would sleep in a lunge chair. I am just excited about going.

There seems to be a nice group of folks going so it will be nice to walk by and say hello and not feel like I am with a bunch of strangers. Although, they may al be strange. :rotfl2:

See you all in 4 weeks

lbgraves said:
According to the DCL site this cruise does seem to be pretty full. You can't go by which categories are listed on the first page when you pull up the date. This is what was available in each category. I only searched for 2 adults to find out which rooms are actually open without having the kid's club capacity come into play.

12 - 3 rooms
11 - 6 rooms
10 - GTY
9 - 3 rooms on deck 1 GTY for others
8 - GTY
7 - 7 rooms
6 - lots of rooms
5 - lots of rooms
4 - lots of rooms

This means that they are overbooking the 8-10s and will be moving those people up as more people book.

So you think I have a chance to get an upgrade at the port? I would love to get a verandah, but my TA told me it would be $1600 more this week. Maybe on the day of the cruise it will drop a bit and I can afford it!

As Dee said, see you all in 4 weeks and 1 day!

Jack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter