For those hating calling the long distance numbers for Disney

mickeymule

I want to keep going to Disney until it is too man
After reading several posts about making long distance calls to Disney, I would like to make a few suggestions that some may not have thought about.

1) If you have a cell phone with minutes, use it. If your plan has free long distance / nights and weekends the call costs you nothing

2) Get a cheap calling card. It is a pain to dial all the extra numbers and such, but it is worth it. I have used www.dialaroundtheworld.com and if there is a local number for you to use, the calls are just one penny a minute.

Again, I am sure most of you have thought about this already, but I catch myself forgetting about my free long distance and free nights and weekends. My advantage is that it is a cell phone for work and since it has call waiting and it's free, I can use it and the call is 100% free for me.

Don't forget using 10-10-987.

3 cents per minute and a 39 cent connection fee. That makes a one hour phone call total $2.19. Hardly a budget buster and very handy when dealing with CRO/WDTC.

OMG!!!

Ya'll aren't using the toll free number??????:crazy:

1-800-828-0228.

I've been using this number for YEARS!
All ressies,(new and modified) dining, pre-planning info, brochures, park hours, etc....

just follow the prompts!;)

The only 800 number that I new of was with my passes when I bought them and they kept asking for the card number and such. worth a try tho I suppose. Thanks for the info.

Amazing, I thought that number was disconected a long time ago. Although I haven't tried it since we joined the DVC, which has a toll free number for reservations and PSs. Also, we have Primus as our long distance carrier that costs us 3.4 cents a min. with no monthly charge or connection fees. :)

Well, I've been using that same number for at least eight years!

Well, have you tried that number ?
It still works!:teeth:

And it's FREE!!!!!:bounce:

You don't have to worry about long distance at all if you have the unlimited plan from AT&T. It's $29.95/month for completely unlimited (domestic) long-distance calling.

When I first got it a year ago, it was only $24.95...but it's gone up since then. Nice thing...they didn't raise existing rates :)

I guess some people don't call much, but we're military and nowhere near any of our family and have friends all over, so we were spending between $60-125/month on long distance. So this plan was made for us!!

Katie

I use the Walt Disney Travel Co toll free number for my dining ressies - 877-939-3732.

Originally posted by GoldenOldie

3 cents per minute and a 39 cent connection fee. That makes a one hour phone call total $2.19. Hardly a budget buster and very handy when dealing with CRO/WDTC.

Our small local phone company isn't able to handle the dial-arounds like 10-10-anything. maybe someday!

I use it all the time as well
1-800-828-0228.

Found it in my passporter book. It works for ressies, dining, park hours and info, I even managed to get transferred to merchandise with it.

Originally posted by GoldenOldie

A ten minute phone call costs 69 cents or almost 7 cents per minute. Not a great deal. A one minute call (when you get an answering machine or have to hang up when a relative is call waiting) 42 cents.

Better off with a prepaid card from COSTCO or SAMS club.

Originally posted by BambiTamby
OMG!!!

Ya'll aren't using the toll free number??????:crazy:

1-800-828-0228.

I've been using this number for YEARS!
All ressies,(new and modified) dining, pre-planning info, brochures, park hours, etc....

just follow the prompts!;)

The intro says its for the WD Travel Co. Fine for making PS or reservations if you want to use them, but don't they have different requirements for reservations than CRO? Just one thing to consider - the phone call may be less expensive than the Travel Companies requirements.

Unless they can transfer you to CRO from that number.

I use 1-800-421-3732 to make hotel ressies and have never had a problem using it. Give it a try.

Originally posted by MelissathePooh.....The intro says its for the WD Travel Co. Fine for making PS or reservations if you want to use them, but don't they have different requirements for reservations than CRO? Just one thing to consider - the phone call may be less expensive than the Travel Companies requirements.

No different requirements, I get the same 5 day cancel policy, 14 days to put deposit on ressie, pay balance upon check-in, if desired!

Never been charged by the phone company fro them tranferring me to CRO, but the CRO and WDTC are "merging" and I always get someone who can help me with my ressies.

Gosh! Why are some of ya'll picking this apart?:crazy:
It's so simple.:teeth:

And THANK YOU, KATRINA!......

the 800 does work.I use it all the time as well
1-800-828-0228.

Found it in my passporter book. It works for ressies, dining, park hours and info, I even managed to get transferred to merchandise with it.

Wow!
Thanks, I can't imagine how much money I'll save on calls.
This is as good as getting an AP rate.
Thanks BambiTamby for the GREAT info............

"See You Real Soon" Walt'sFan

I wonder if Ei$ner finds out someone is getting something for free from Disney, if he'll shut the toll free number down. Does anyone know how these toll free numbers work? Is the company that has a toll free number able to know how many calls are coming in on that line? Now that Disboarders know about it, will the traffic increase? Inquiring minds want to know! :p

Originally posted by mitros
Does anyone know how these toll free numbers work? Is the company that has a toll free number able to know how many calls are coming in on that line? Now that Disboarders know about it, will the traffic increase? Inquiring minds want to know! :p
The company that is receiving the calls pays for the call (so it's sort of like a collect call), so in this case, every time it is used it costs Disney money. They pay a per minute rate - I don't know what kind of rate they get, but according to current rates I found on the internet, right now it's probably between 4 and 8 cents a minute.

Not picking anything apart - just pointing out in case some people don't know that WDTC and CRO are very different and unless you specify which one you're dealing with and know what the policies are you could be in for a shock. Maybe not a shock, but a potentially costly difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter