For those folks driving!

We've driven from NE Oh a couple of times. We liked the Country Inn and Suites in Huntersville, NC (north of Charlotte). It's very new and clean and we stayed in a suite with a seperate bedroom. It's a little over half way for you. Avoid the Microtel in Statesville, NC. Dirty.

corinascot,

Glad to hear of the good report on Country Inn & suites . I have resevation's made for our trip down and back with them.

we drove from atlanta to orlando and made it in 5 1/2 hours

Duck Adoo - I left at about 6:15pm and drove straight through. I had intended to leave about 4pm but had trailer troubles that I needed to fix before we got started. Then had a major breakdown involving the trailer that required some emergency Mickey Mouse (no offense intended twards our favorite mouse) repairs that took an hour - on the Cross Bronx expressway no less.

My trip home was more like it. If I has two drivers I would have been able to make it in about 19 hours, It took about 21 and I took a couple hour sleep break in Fredericksburg.

Sorry to hear about your breakdown though. That must have stunk!! But at least it only took an hour to fix..wasn't like it had to be towed.That happened to us with our older 2 on the way to New Hampshire. Nothing like trying to fit 2 adults and 2 4 yo dd's in a tow truck! lol! It's funny now to me...I don't think it'll ever be funny to DH :rotfl: :rotfl:

We have always gone through Tenn into Georgia. Is this a mistake? I ended up booking a suite at the Sleep Inn and Suites in chattanooga.
Siouxsan

siouxsan said:
We are driving from Ann Arbor , MI to Orlando. WE have 4 adults, 3 kids in 2 cars ..6yrs,3 yrs, 2 months are the ages. What's a good stopping point for the night if we are doing the trip in two days? We'd like a place where we can get a suite for all of us if possible.
Thanks!
Siouxsan

We are driving from Muskegon, MI to Orlando in September.

We are leaving on a Friday afternoon, stopping in KY.

Staying at the Ramada Inn Cave City, KY.

Room rate $45 for 2 Queen Beds.

From there we are driving strait to Lake City FL (Right as you enter FL, 3 hours from WDW).

Days Inn rate $55.

Get up the next day and drive to our resort at WDW and hit MGM.

Have a safe trip!

2 Years ago I printed the list of exits (hotels, gas and food) from the internet. I thought it was the I95 site but now they want me to pay 5.95. Am I remembering the site wrong or have they started to charge for the information.

Thanks
Deanna :bored:

dbogen said:
2 Years ago I printed the list of exits (hotels, gas and food) from the internet. I thought it was the I95 site but now they want me to pay 5.95. Am I remembering the site wrong or have they started to charge for the information.

Thanks
Deanna :bored:

:wave2: Hello Deanna,
Not sure if it was the same site you used 2 years ago, but I do now you have to pay for the information from the I-95 site. Did you try their discussion board? I'm not sure if you'd find it helpful or not. I decided to join CAA/AAA and got a TripTik because it was easier and geared to what I wanted.
Happy trails to you. :wizard:

We are kind of torn right now which way to go. We live just about the same distance from 75 and 77. We are going in October. Any thoughts on which is the better way?

Hi, we are leaving oct. 7th from a little south of Syracuse, NY (Cortland). We plan on leaving after school around 4-5pm appx. and plan on driving straight through, husband used to drive truck and is used to driving long distance at night. I will drive when he needs a break. I would like to know the alternate route everyone uses to avoid the cities on I-95. We will start out on I-81 but what state do we need to cross back over to I-95? Thanks for you help! :sunny:

Ally&Alec's Mom said:
Hi, we are leaving oct. 7th from a little south of Syracuse, NY (Cortland). We plan on leaving after school around 4-5pm appx. and plan on driving straight through, husband used to drive truck and is used to driving long distance at night. I will drive when he needs a break. I would like to know the alternate route everyone uses to avoid the cities on I-95. We will start out on I-81 but what state do we need to cross back over to I-95? Thanks for you help! :sunny:

Ally&Alec's Mom,

For our trip in 04 we left from massachusetts and took I-81.

We then caught I-77 South in Wytheville, Va.

Then caught I-26 East in Columbia, South Carolina.

Then in Whetsell, South Carolina, we jumped on I-95 South.

Not sure if you want to do the same, but that was our route!

Thanks for the reply!

My parents take a similiar route (if not same), and they said it saves a lot of headaches with the bigger cities, even if we bypass the cities during non-busy times, they tend to be more confusing, if you are not familier with the routes, etc. :flower:

Does anyone know of a good halfway stopping point from Central Ohio? We are starting out in the morning and would like to drive halfway the 1st day. Not going until November, but I like to have everything planned out!
Any help would be great!

Can anyone help me with exit numbers for our route? :confused3 We will be leaving Central NY on Route 81 South exit 11, picking up Route 77 South in Wytheville, Va and/or Ft. Chiswell exit #72 & 81 (I believe) , then picking up Route 26 East in Colombia, SC Exit #??, then to route 95 South in Whetsell, SC exit #??, then we will be getting off I-95 before Jacksonville, Fl to catch Highway A1A. We are not going directly to WDW but to Ocala to spend a couple days with parents. I know it is the exit on I-95 directly after the Florida Welcome Center. I have been on every states DOT website and cannot find the exit #'s except on the Virginia DOT site! If you can just give me the websites to find this infor that would also be very helpful! Thanks in advance! :flower:

81 to 77 is exit 81. 77 to 26 is exit 116. 26 to 95 is exit 169. The exit after the Florida Welcome Center is exit 373. I got all my info from a great book I bought called The Next Exit. I bought it a couple of years ago at Walmart and it is the best travel book I've ever bought. Here's the website to order one www.thenextexit.com

Thank you sooo much! I searched high and low for those exit numbers on the web and didnt have much luck! Maybe I will check out Walmart tonight for that book, might help in the future..thanks again! :sunny:

sbaldasare said:
Does anyone know of a good halfway stopping point from Central Ohio? We are starting out in the morning and would like to drive halfway the 1st day. Not going until November, but I like to have everything planned out!
Any help would be great!

Just don't go past Atlanta and certainly not past Macon. Southern Georgia and Northern Florida along I-75 are very sparsely populated. The only viable places to stop are usually far apart. You don't want to get tired an hour from the nearest motel and get yourself into trouble. The chatanooga to Atlanta Corridor has 3-4 decent places to stop if you get tired before you make Atlanta. Chatanooga is a decent place to stop as well.

Are there any tolls on the 81-77-26-95 route? If so anyone have a total? And a total driving time leaving from Syracuse? TIA

Im interested in knowing about tolls on the 81/77/26/95 route also. We are taking the same route, leaving next friday from Cortland. I havent heard of any tolls, this is the road my parents take when they head down every year. They are snowbirds that escape CNY for FL! Lucky Ducks! Just a heads up too, we plan on using the Flying J truck stops for fuel, they seem to be much cheaper than the other brands and if you go on their website you can get a discount card which gives you another 1cent off each gallon! There are about 5 locations on our route down to Fl. Have a nice trip! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter