• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those experienced baby swappers...

Blessed_wth_Triplets

DIS Veteran
This will be our first time using the baby swap system and I have a couple questions:

if you're baby is sleeping can you take the stroller in line so as not to disturb them?

when it's the other parents' turn, do they have to ride alone or can one of my older kids go with me? Kinda sad to go on a ride totally apart from the family :(

THANKS!!

You don't take the baby in the line, you can see a CM at the beginning, like at the FP entrance to get a baby swap ticket. Then the first group who wants to ride either gets in the standby line, or if they have valid FPs, they can go there. When they get off, the second person can then enter the ride thru the FP line with their child swap ticket. I believe the second person can take up to 3 others with them, so you would not have to ride alone.

You don't have to take your baby through the line at all. Just go to the Fast Past entrance and ask the attendant for a child swap ticket (note--It has nothing to do with FP, that is just where the attendant is). You'll need to have your baby with you when you do this so that they can see that you genuinely need the Child Swap option, but then your DH and an older sibling can go get in the regular line and ride the ride while you wait with your baby somewhere nearby the ride exit. Then when they come out, you take the Baby Swap ticket and go to the FP entrance with an older child and they'll let you through the FP entrance with your Child Swap ticket while you DH stays with the baby.

Yep... Your supposed to take the whole family to the entrance of the Ride and ask the very 1st CM for a pass... Sometimes on smaller attractions I've noticed they've just handed me one withought the "baby" being present... But It was that one time when we tried to get one for EE at AK then baby was being changed in a rest room on the otherside of the park and we had to bring the entire family to that CM so they could then present me with the swap ticket!

The only attraction you may have an issue with a sleeping baby is Soarin-- the attraction is inside a building you are not allowed to bring strollers into.

You can wait with the baby anywhere you like and you can save the rider switch pass to use later that day. (I usually just wait near the exit and my little one likes to have a snack and people watch while everyone else is riding.) There is a play area near Splash and BTMRR in MK and there is also a play area at the exit of Mission Space in Epcot.

The rider switch pass is good for 3 people, so the second parent can take two kids with them. This is nice because both parents get to experience the ride with the kids and no one has to ride alone. (I just noticed you have 3 older kids... they'll have to switch off on who gets to ride twice since you can only take two with you and the rider switch pass.)

We usually use FPs dad and the girls and then the rider switch pass for me and the girls, so DS doesn't have to wait too long.

FYI:

If you are riding Soarin' at Epcot, you will have to take the baby out of the stroller and walk to the lower level to the CM to show them you have a baby.

It was slightly different for Goofy's Barnstormer (rollercoaster in MK with 35" height requirement)). I had to take the baby (in his stroller) up the exit ramp while DH got into line with our son. Then I would just let the CM know when my son was getting on the ride. When they finished my DH got out and I got in. Our son just stayed in the seat and got to ride again. :cool1:

Great Questions!! I have one more in regards to the baby swap. DH and I are going with our two kids plus my sis, BIL and my niece. We all want to do TOT and RRR at DHS. If we get fast passes and go through the fastpass line, can you still get the baby swap ticket for our significant others? Do they need fastpasses too? Or is the baby swap only used in the standby line?

Thanks!

Great Questions!! I have one more in regards to the baby swap. DH and I are going with our two kids plus my sis, BIL and my niece. We all want to do TOT and RRR at DHS. If we get fast passes and go through the fastpass line, can you still get the baby swap ticket for our significant others? Do they need fastpasses too? Or is the baby swap only used in the standby line?

Thanks!

You can combine the Baby Swap with a fast pass. (On attractions with a FP line, the Baby Swap ticket essentially allows the 2nd group to go through the FP (Fastpass) line even if they don't have FPs.) If the first group has a FP, they can enter through the FP line. If they don't have a valid FP, they'd have to use the standby line. The second group can go through the FP line with either FPs or with the baby swap ticket.

But, assuming you don't intend to take additional kids on both rides, it might just be easier to use FPs for both parties. (Wives and eligible kids ride with FPs, then husbands ride with FPs.)

Ha, that makes the most sense for TOT and RRR, hadn't thought of it that way! And for rides that the kids want to go on but not my 6 month old (TSM, SS, BTMRR), you get the fast passes for everyone and than one baby swap for the person left behind with the baby? Sorry, I'm getting it all confused :rolleyes:

Ha, that makes the most sense for TOT and RRR, hadn't thought of it that way! And for rides that the kids want to go on but not my 6 month old (TSM, SS, BTMRR), you get the fast passes for everyone and than one baby swap for the person left behind with the baby? Sorry, I'm getting it all confused :rolleyes:

Right -- and the person who stayed with the baby could take a couple of people back for a second ride (since the child swap pass is good for up to 4 riders).

I'm not sure TSM offers child swap though (maybe someone can confirm.) It is usually only offered for rides that have age/height restrictions. To my knowledge, TSM doesn't have any.

For what it's worth, you're only allowed to get a child swap ticket if your child is ineligible to ride. If they're eligible, but don't want to, you still can't get a child swap ticket. (My DD is now eligible to ride some of the bigger rides, but didn't want to. However, that's not what the child swap is for.) We "solved that" by getting her a FP anyway. DH and DS rode, then I rode with DS using DD's FP.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter