For the true Mexican food connoisseurs; Has the food at the San Angel Inn improved?

1) I spent 7-yrs in Puebla-Mexico (2-wks there, 2-wks USA every month).
2) The food at San Angel is PRETTY MUCH authentic.
3) Like all Epcot food, it is slightly Americanized.
4) But, it is far more authentic then Tex-Mex.
5) For a Mexican-food-connoisseur, they'll be only slightly disappointed.

I echo Rusty's sentiment.

It's decent authentic Mexican. It has been Americanized and Disneyfied a bit, so it's not a truly authentic experience.

The food has gotten better. It was stellar (OK, stellar for Americanized, Disneyfied Authentic Mexican) back in 1999, when my wife and I first ate there..and steadily declined.

We gave it another shot back in 2011, and the quality had vastly improved...though not to the point it had been. We tried again this past December and found it to still be good.

Keep in mind, the spice level is much more muted. That's where the Americainization and Disneyfication comes in. You can ask them to kick it up a bit (I usually do), but even that isn't going to be too "dangerous".

But the preparation and ingredient quality is,now, quite good. The Mole is still my favorite dish on their menu......and, IMHO, the best executed when it comes to authenticity (keeping in mind, of course, the muted spice levels).

Being Mexican myself, I thought the food was pretty good. I would go back the next time I am at Epcot. I would say give it try!

Another vote of confidence... San Angel was once superb, then awful, and now very good! It's a toss up for us, La Hacienda vs. San Angel; we really enjoy the food (and margaritas :) ) at both equally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter