For the locals, is there a lot of Caylee Anthony coverage going on?

momtoBrandon&Jacob

DIS Veteran
Not sure where to post it so please feel free to move, but I was wondering if you guys had more info than we do on the Caylee Anthony case. A coworker and I have been following the case and are wondering if they've determined a cause of death yet other than homicide? TIA!

Coverage is fairly constant here. No COD yet other than homicide. None expected for quite some time.

:earsboy:

Watch Fox Orlando, or should I say "The Casey Channel." Anytime Casey farts, they break into programming for several hours with analysis of sound level, length, and and strength of odor.

ditto for local 6. not to mention 3/4 of all the web content for ANY of the local news stations is casey/calee-related. news 13 has a minute-by-minute update going since the day they found the remains last week. (that's where i usually look for updates on the case)

This topic has nothing to do with theme park attractions and strategies, so I've moved it to the Community Board. :)

Wesh 2 always seems to interupt TV, although I haven't seen alot of coverage today.

My roommate says he is a night security guard at her Celebration Office.

I was wondering about his job because it has been reported that he is a security guard. He was cop before the family moved to Florida. But the reason he didn't become a cop in Florida is because an incident that happened with his dad in Ohio.

i caught some of the coverage on the news between the 8-15 when i was there. so the body they found ended up being the little girl? i didn't find out if they ID'd it as hers. so sad!! i hope that if the mother did this that she rots in jail.

I have read that George was working security at an Orlando Lexus dealership (he started new job on the day after Father's Day - which is the same day he supposedly saw Caylee for the last time when she was leaving with Casey), he is not working anywhere right now, and Cindy is also on leave from her nursing job.

:surfweb:

* Edited to add - now on the news down here, they have hired someone to remove all the stuffed animals from the memorial that has sprung up at the site where Caylee's body was found. People were so angry they wouldn't let the man do it. If you follow the case you'll remember that they threw out most of the stuffed animals that were sent when she first went missing, and a couple days ago, at another memorial that was in front of their house, their son angrily grabbed all the animals and cards to throw them away too. I just don't get what the deal is with them not wanting people to grieve for the poor (deceased) baby....

I have read that George was working security at an Orlando Lexus dealership (he started new job on the day after Father's Day - which is the same day he supposedly saw Caylee for the last time when she was leaving with Casey), he is not working anywhere right now, and Cindy is also on leave from her nursing job.

:surfweb:

* Edited to add - now on the news down here, they have hired someone to remove all the stuffed animals from the memorial that has sprung up at the site where Caylee's body was found. People were so angry they wouldn't let the man do it. If you follow the case you'll remember that they threw out most of the stuffed animals that were sent when she first went missing, and a couple days ago, at another memorial that was in front of their house, their son angrily grabbed all the animals and cards to throw them away too. I just don't get what the deal is with them not wanting people to grieve for the poor (deceased) baby....

I don't have a problem with people making a memorial, but it's been all over the news here that Toys for Tots is only able to serve half the families that signed up, because they ran out of toys. I would rather people would donate the toys to them, in Caylee's name, than leave nice new toys by the street to rot in the bad weather. It just seems like it would be such a fitting tribute to such a darling little girl.

I don't have a problem with people making a memorial, but it's been all over the news here that Toys for Tots is only able to serve half the families that signed up, because they ran out of toys. I would rather people would donate the toys to them, in Caylee's name, than leave nice new toys by the street to rot in the bad weather. It just seems like it would be such a fitting tribute to such a darling little girl.
I agree there is nothing more sad and depressing to see a memorial along the side of the highway where someone has died and there be tattered stuff animals. I love the Toys for Tots. Even better donate to a child abuse center.

News today mentioned that the toys left at the Casey Memorial would be cleaned up and donated to the Orlando Union Rescue Mission for homeless children to receive on Christmas.

I've never understood the concept of putting toys out for a child who has died. Flowers ... notes ... photos, okay. Those are memorials. But I never got the concept of leaving toys behind. Better, as one PP said, to donate them in the child's name to a local shelter, children's hospital or Toys for Tots program.

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter