For the locals- crowd level Labor day?

mama03

DIS Veteran
I plan on going to Hollywood studios on Monday(labor day). I will get there early and leave around dinner time. I was thinking that with everyone up north starting school that it would not be too bad. Am I wrong? Will it be miserably crowded? Since we don't live that far, my kids do not like waiting in long lines. Thanks

I plan on going to Hollywood studios on Monday(labor day). I will get there early and leave around dinner time. I was thinking that with everyone up north starting school that it would not be too bad. Am I wrong? Will it be miserably crowded? Since we don't live that far, my kids do not like waiting in long lines. Thanks
We were at HS the past two Labor Days and it was like a ghost town.

In 2009, we got there at 9:10 am, rode TSM with a 10 minute wait, grabbed a FP for later, rode Star Tours, had breakfast at Starring Rolls, then rode TOT 2x, no waiting, walked over to RNRC, rode that 2x, no wait. Squeezed in a second TSM, Little Mermaid show and the Walt Disney:One Man's Dream walk-thru...all by 12:30pm.

Last year, we went at night for EMH and did everything above - subtracting Little Mermaid and the Walt Disney:One Man's Dream, adding the Muppets and Star Tours...all between 7-9:30pm. (Granted, it was drizzly out.) TOT was so empty, the cast members almost begged us to ride it over and over. We stopped after 4 times, LOL.

I think you'll have a great time!

I am glad to hear this! I am heading down there on Friday:cool1: I was planning on going to HS on Monday as well.

We did DHS and MK on the Sunday before Labor Day last year. We got to DHS around 11am and had just missed getting a FP for TSM. The standby line was 40 minutes at that time.

I can't speak for how crowds SHOULD have been at MK that night, since it rained for about 2 hours, starting around 6pm, and EVERYONE left. We rode more stuff between 6pm and midnight that day then we did the night before during the EMH at MK.

IMG_0900.jpg

This was taken the Friday before Labor Day, around 10:30 am...

Have fun! Wish I was back with ya'll this weekend!

crossing my fingers DHS is empty on Monday because I'll be there too!!

HS and MK.
The past two years, we've hit up AK during the day on Sunday (empty) and the MK at night for EMH (it was open until 1am). As to be expected, the Main Street area was jam packed for the MSEP and Wishes, but the rest of the park felt as if you had it to yourself. Except for Peter Pan, which still had a 40 minute wait for some reason, LOL.

My husband and I will be at HS on Monday, too! We're doing Epcot on Sat and MK on Sunday, and we are going to be park hopping after that for a few days. Can't wait!!!! :banana:

I'll be at MK Sunday and HS Monday too. More importantly less than 24 hours till I leave. :):cool1::banana:

Us too! We've gone the week of labor day a couple years now an it has always been mid-low to low crowd levels.
I also hear they have already decorated for Halloween this year. :-)

Happy flying, all!

every year we do our annual week long trip the week of labor day! Its practically empty. Us locals, we go back to school mid august and the northerners and everyone go back just after Labor day, so basically its empty and the wait times are 20-45 mins. Instead of 45-110. :rotfl:

We leave Tuesday and I cant wait!

Quick question for everyone. The wife and I are now living in Savannah and we're possibly thinking of coming down today for labor day tomorrow and go to HS. However the wife is concerned with TSM and now the new Star Tours the park will be more crowded. Anyone else think this might be an issue?

The crowd level change between Friday and Saturday was amazing. On Friday, my daughter only waited ten minutes for Splash. Yesterday, I went to MK and it was wall to wall people. Last night, at DTD, it reminded me of Christmas crowds. Huge pickup in crowd level. I would plan on Labor Day being very crowded!

I'm not sure why the crowds picked up so much. It could be that folks who could not make it down due to the hurricane have arrived. Very busy!

I am bringing my son (9) and his friend to DHS tomorrow also. I am so excited because his friend has never been to WDW before and they are bouncing off the walls.

I am hoping the crowds are minimal...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter