• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For the ladies... Water parks: 1 piece or 2?

i wear a tankini and go on every slide except the big 2. i've never had a problem.

I have worn a 2 piece swimsuit and done all of the big waterslides. I took a T-shirt with me the first time I did Summit Plummit and just put it on over my swimsuit right before I went down. The lifeguards were fine with it and I felt more secure knowing that even if I had a "wardrobe malfunction" :p on the way down, the T-shirt would cover me. I didn't need it though, and have done it since without my security T-shirt with no problems. :cool1:

#1 Mickey Fan said:
I took a T-shirt with me the first time I did Summit Plummit and just put it on over my swimsuit right before I went down. The lifeguards were fine with it

Reallly?? The lifeguard let you wear a T-shirt down? Thats great! How long ago was this? Do you think they are still doing this? I think that might make me feel just comfortable enough to go with the two piece... I'd much rather the two piece anyway! :goodvibes

Tinkerbelll said:
Reallly?? The lifeguard let you wear a T-shirt down? Thats great! How long ago was this? Do you think they are still doing this? I think that might make me feel just comfortable enough to go with the two piece... I'd much rather the two piece anyway! :goodvibes

It was August of 2003. I much prefer the 2 piece too...I was just a little leery of that BIG DROP :p I checked with one of the lifeguards before climbing all the way up with the T-shirt, and she told me that it was fine to wear it. The guards at the top didn't say anything about it. I guess they could have changed their policy since then, but you can always ask before getting in line. Like I said, I didn't really need it anyway, I just felt better having it along!

I just ordered a tankini and a bikini top/skirt bottom 2 pc - not sure which one until I try them on. :scared1:

That reminds me...I better put this donut down and get back on the tread mill... :rolleyes1

Can I just throw my vote in for a tankini?!?! They are very comfortable and they work really well on the bigger slides. :sunny:

From now on I'm wearing board shorts over my suit. Last year I got a snag in the bottom of my suit on a slide at a local water park, which of course turned into a hole in my favorite suit. So if you value your suit, think about board shorts.

shatzjsl said:
Oh how I wish I could remember the thread that went around here last year about the woman who lost her bathing suit on one of the slides. I am laughing my butt off just thinking about it. It was one of the funniest things I have ever read! I'll try to find it!

I remeber that one too, it was hysterical. Incidentally, I always wear a one piece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter