For the first time in like ever I'm going to Disneyland a Nov 14 TR... updated 8/17

Really lovin' your TR update!!! Disneyland is truly so beautiful during christmastime. I'm so glad you were able to experience it! The outfits that the characters wear are so adorable.
I loved all the character outfits. Momma at one point was like why do you need to see this character again and i was like HE'S WEARING SOMETHING DIFFERENT DUH! :rotfl:

Standing in lines are a hit and a miss. Generally, people are nice, but sometimes you get people who are oblivious or just don't care about common courtesy. Hope the rest of your trip in that department was better.
I was a little afraid after that incident that it was going to be like Paris there :confused3

By the way, I saw Saving Mr Banks last weekend on TV...I really liked it!
Saving Mr. Banks was the reason I suggested Anaheim when Momma wanted to not go to Florida. Love that movie but I always end up in tears by the end.

It's already a fun and fabulous day
and it's only 11 o'clock yet :rotfl:

Last edited:
You definitely did well with the characters that morning. What a shame that somebody tried to push in.

Corinna

You definitely did well with the characters that morning. What a shame that somebody tried to push in.

Corinna

I only stopped to get a picture with Pluto. I didn't wait for the other two that morning wanted to get photopass and get to toontown :)

Emma, I'm sorry I fell behind.

Breakfast looks yummy. And you saw some characters you rarely see.

That sounds like an uncomfortable situation with Pluto.

Great pictures as you walked the park.

I miss Mickeystoontown at Disney World. It's good to see it still at DL.

Emma, I'm sorry I fell behind.

Breakfast looks yummy. And you saw some characters you rarely see.
It was nice. I think once Kenai and Koda were there I wouldn't have cared if there was nobody else there :rotfl: I did love seeing the rest of them...

That sounds like an uncomfortable situation with Pluto.
It was. I didn't know whether to move or let her go. I was afraid she'd start shouting at me if I went up so waited until Pluto motioned me.

Great pictures as you walked the park.
Thanks. I get a bit snap happy in those parks :goodvibes

I miss Mickeystoontown at Disney World. It's good to see it still at DL.
Toontown in DL is slightly different to WDW. Besides the fact it's bigger than WDW's, in WDW the houses were meant to be their summer houses where in Disneyland the houses are meant to be their actual houses or so I read! :confused3

Has it ever happened that someone put an idea into your head and said it so often you just had to find out if there was truth in it even though you know there's not and it just ends up annoying both parties. Had one of those days yesterday, it's all good now, it's all sorted and calmed but I have spent much of today an emotional mess as a result so in an effort to distract myself and stop crying for 5 minutes here's a trip update:

Day 2, part 3:

So when I left you I was waiting to meet Mickey. The wait was only like 20 or 30 minutes and seemed to move quicker than that. When you went in to Mickey's hallway he was there full of hugs and then you got to walk through his house and admire all his stuff.

While I was wandering around his house he obviously decided it was snack time and was heading off for a break but stopped to pose for pictures.

He was also patient enough to wait while my camera had a mini meltdown lol!
There was some cute stuff around his house as well but thought this was funniest. Mickey is so good he even recycles his gloves like:

Mickey's tree and train:

After that I was going to go meet Minnie but the wait time was already 45 minutes so I decided to skip it, instead we just wandered around Toontown taking in all the decorations.

It was cute. The wreaths were all themed to the "store" they were on so like the fireworks one has fireworks through the wreath because it's on the fireworks store.

I also noticed on the windows around Toontown they have names of Disney Characters and a description of what they do mirroring the idea on the windows of Main Street USA which I thought was cute. I don't have a picture of that on my computer though. Next we decided to try out a new ride for us. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin:

It said 15 minutes wait but this one felt longer but we waited and soon enough our taxis arrived.

Once we came out of that I spotted Daisy but she was just finished greeting people so I snapped a quick picture as she walked away.

Next I went into the Gag Factory to get the pressed pennies and while I was there I found Duffy. This little dude was 30 dollars so I didn't buy him but remember him because he'll come up again.

I was so happy to see Duffy though because I'd heard they were taking all the Duffy stuff out of the parks because they took Duffy himself away and replaced him with Oswald. After that we headed over towards the other side of the park through Fantasyland. We saw a photopass guy taking pictures in a tea-cup so stopped for that and then we headed towards the Village Haus because I was on the hunt for an Olaf cup. All the little food stalls had a pink frozen cup with Anna and Elsa on it but I'd seen pictures of a different one with Olaf. I feared maybe it was gone but knew that the Village Haus was one of the only places that was supposed to have it and was sooooo happy when they did:

Olaf cup in hand we headed into Frontierland and stopped on the way to get a Mickey ice-cream.

Holy Moley that thing was so hard it could have broken a tooth though and while it was a warm day it wasn't hot enough to melt the ice-cream quickly. As we were passing the Golden Horseshoe we could hear music so decided to go in and see what was happening. It was a show called The Laughing stock Co. We missed the start but it seemed to be funny so we sat at the back and I had my ice-cream while we watched the rest of the show. They had three guys up on stage in a kind of 'blind date' game where the mayor (the guy in the black hat) was trying to find a husband for his daughter (the man... er I mean lady in the pink dress)

Once the show was over everyone started to leave obviously but an old lady collapsed on the way out at the opposite side of the room. I was all for ignoring and walking out as someone had already called for security and the Cm's were heading over to look after the situation. Momma on the other hand actually crossed to the far side of the room because "she wanted to have a look at what was going on." I hate that type of stuff, everyone gawking when something happens and if it were me I would want people to just leave and not stop and stare at me. The lady was ok or well she was conscious and moving at least, I didn't want to see anymore so I left and waited for Momma to join me outside.

Moving on I was trying to find Adventureland and commented to Momma at how everything was in the wrong place in this park. I'm used to Disney World or even Paris which is more similar to Disney World than Disneyland. Disneyland main park was alot bigger than I thought and nothing was where it should be in my head. I found New Orleans Square instead and we wandered through there looking at the Christmas decorations.

On the way out of New Orleans Square we passed the Holiday Haunted Mansion. I have never actually done the Haunted Mansion properly. When I was ten my parents made me go on it and I didn't want to so I put my head down and went to sleep but I'd looked up YouTube videos before the trip and I knew this one was all themed to Nightmare before Christmas and there was nothing I couldn't handle plus the wait time was only ten minutes so we decided to try it.

On this trip I was trying to use my phone for on ride pictures some came out good but alot were blurry so picking the best to share. Put this wreath on your door at Christmas and it'll eat anyone that comes to it lol

The gingerbread house looks alot bigger when it's in front of you than in photos and the smell of gingerbread when you went into the ballroom made me want to hop out of the doom buggy and eat the gingerbread house:

So the verdict? I quite enjoyed it. Dunno if I'll ever chance the normal one but I'm good with the Holiday Haunted Mansion.

Next up: Hanging out with our 100 Acre Wood friends.

Last edited:

Nice update. I needed the pictures today. :goodvibes So, Duffy doesn't actually do meet and greets anymore? That's sad.

I am really enjoying your photos of the decorations. Looks like that Duffy would be the perfect companion for the dressed Shelly Mae that sent you the photo of when I was at Aulani. ;)

I am still getting confused about where things are at Disneyland. The worrying thing is by the end of the trip I am used to it and then when I head to Walt Disney World the next time after that, the same thing happens.

Wow, that was a result to get to Haunted Mansion Holiday and there was only a 10 minute wait. I am glad that you were OK with this. I absolutely adore that ride.

Corinna

Nice update. I needed the pictures today. :goodvibes So, Duffy doesn't actually do meet and greets anymore? That's sad.
Nope they took him away and put Oswald in instead. Apparently poor Duffy isn't as popular in Disneyland :(

I am really enjoying your photos of the decorations. Looks like that Duffy would be the perfect companion for the dressed Shelly Mae that sent you the photo of when I was at Aulani. ;)
Thanks. Yeah Shellie Mae would go nice with him. My 17" Duffy wants Shellie Mae to go with him first though! :goodvibes

I am still getting confused about where things are at Disneyland. The worrying thing is by the end of the trip I am used to it and then when I head to Walt Disney World the next time after that, the same thing happens.
Disneyland is very different from WDW and Paris though especially on the Frontierland/Adventureland side of the park and there seemed to be many hidden corners to wander in to as well.

Wow, that was a result to get to Haunted Mansion Holiday and there was only a 10 minute wait. I am glad that you were OK with this. I absolutely adore that ride.

Corinna
Our first week wait times were very quiet. Most things were 10-20 minutes

I love those houses...so cute.

Roger Rabbit's ride looks cute.

I love the Olaf cup.

I can't believe you've never done Haunted Mansion. It's really not bad at all.

Oooh...Pooh Bear is up next.

I love those houses...so cute.
They are pretty cool especially all the little details in them.

Roger Rabbit's ride looks cute.
It was fun

I love the Olaf cup.
That and my baymax cups are my new favourite cups :) I was sooooooo happy when I managed to get it because everything else I planned on buying was nowhere to be found :(

I can't believe you've never done Haunted Mansion. It's really not bad at all.
Lol I'm a big child though. The most adventurous ride I do is Peter Pan like :rotfl: Technically I was on it though I just didn't see any of it because I fell asleep :littleangel:

Oooh...Pooh Bear is up next.
Yup yup. You'll love the next update if you're a Pooh bear fan

To your initial question: Yes, and I hate when I let what others say wreck my day. I'm sorry someone trashed your day as well but I hope posting part of your trip report improved it!

You've taken lots of great pictures you can share next year during theme week in the Christmas Super Thread :goodvibes. Did you ever meet Mickey? Did he come back from snack time?

I really enjoy HMH even more than the normal experience. I LOL when you talked about things being in the the wrong place at Disneyland. We are WDW veterans who have been trapped in Critter Country thinking that it communicated with Fantasyland. :rotfl:

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.

TK

To your initial question: Yes, and I hate when I let what others say wreck my day. I'm sorry someone trashed your day as well but I hope posting part of your trip report improved it!
Ah this person just knows what to say that will get to me. Doing the trip update stopped me crying for like 5 minutes, was such an emotional wreck like literally everything made me cry, cute puppy picture me crying, cute baby picture me crying etc :lmao: I'm ok now though.

You've taken lots of great pictures you can share next year during theme week in the Christmas Super Thread :goodvibes. Did you ever meet Mickey? Did he come back from snack time?
Yeah I met Mickey before he went for his snack then I went for a wander through his house. He just happened to follow me :goodvibes

I really enjoy HMH even more than the normal experience. I LOL when you talked about things being in the the wrong place at Disneyland. We are WDW veterans who have been trapped in Critter Country thinking that it communicated with Fantasyland. :rotfl:

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.
TK

Disneyland's Frontierland/Adventureland area seemed weird to me. In WDW they're all just there one beside the other. You seems to have to go off down side streets in Disneyland. I got confused at first. :confused3

Just noticed you started this report.

Subscribing

I'll be back to read later today.

:cool1:

What is wrong with the information services related to California Disney. Before the trip I spent about two weeks trying to figure out whether the Walt Disney Apartment was back on the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour and if it wasn't if I could get a refund... I eventually had to go into the park to find out the answer to my question on the apartment.

When I get back with my photopass plus card and my magic shot and pluto photos were missing. It takes them two days to fix my magic shot and they tell me they cannot find my pluto pictures. I ask them to check the accounts because if I have someone elses photo chances are mine are on the card of whoever was behind me in the line. They tell me nope can't find them anywhere in their system so as my claim your photos date was about to pass I was forced to download my photos minus my Pluto photos :( By complete chance I emailed yesterday and they responded telling me my Pluto photos were in the account so I checked and they weren't so I gave the date again as to when the photos were missing and hey presto they have found my photos two weeks after I've downloaded all my photos.... They soooooooooo better not think I'm paying more to download these! :headache:

OK, caught up now.

I loved your pictures of the decorations in Dublin and your pre-trip shopping!

I cracked up about the differences in what the airlines provide. I remember when meals used to be included in US domestic flights (and there were smoking and non-smoking rows in the planes), but now you are lucky to get a bag of peanuts why you fly here! I was surprised when you said you were offered a meal.

:)

Not bad timing to your hotel via the super shuttle. I bet you were really glad to finally arrive!

Your breakfast at Storytellers looked like it was really fun. What a great way to start.

The Grand Californian lobby looks GORGEOUS with the Christmas decorations.

Nice pictures around Disneyland, especially of the characters and all of the decorations.

It is definitely a strange feeling with attractions being "out of place" to where you are used to them.

Looking forward to reading more.

:goodvibes

I still don't understand why you had such a short time frame. I would still have a week, but I was done editing on the weekend and ordered the CD. Unfortunately I had too many photos for the download. I emailed them Friday evening about the missing magic in three Magic shots and by Saturday afternoon when I came home from work this was fixed.

Corinna

OK, caught up now.

I loved your pictures of the decorations in Dublin and your pre-trip shopping!
Thanks. Dublin is quite pretty at Christmas.

I cracked up about the differences in what the airlines provide. I remember when meals used to be included in US domestic flights (and there were smoking and non-smoking rows in the planes), but now you are lucky to get a bag of peanuts why you fly here! I was surprised when you said you were offered a meal. :)
I think once the flight is over a certain number of hours they have to feed you or something :confused3 One of the low cost airlines over here were actually talking about charging people to use the toilet on board at one stage though so they're really like pay for literally everything nowadays :lmao:

Not bad timing to your hotel via the super shuttle. I bet you were really glad to finally arrive!
I was so happy it got their quickly. Thought it was going to be like an hour or more and was falling asleep but got excited again when I saw the Disney way signs :goodvibes

Your breakfast at Storytellers looked like it was really fun. What a great way to start.
It was fun. Kenai and Koda are awesome. They need to be in the parks more.

The Grand Californian lobby looks GORGEOUS with the Christmas decorations.
It was so pretty and that piano :lovestruc
Nice pictures around Disneyland, especially of the characters and all of the decorations.

It is definitely a strange feeling with attractions being "out of place" to where you are used to them.

Looking forward to reading more.

:goodvibes
I know my poor little brain gets confused easily as well so it didn't help me get to rides quickly :rotfl2:

I still don't understand why you had such a short time frame. I would still have a week, but I was done editing on the weekend and ordered the CD. Unfortunately I had too many photos for the download. I emailed them Friday evening about the missing magic in three Magic shots and by Saturday afternoon when I came home from work this was fixed.

Corinna
I've no idea :confused3 Maybe the guy in the photopass shop got the date wrong but he said I had to claim them all by the 2nd of December. They said they won't charge to download them again and resubmitted my order but I downloaded them all again and the Pluto photos still didn't download :confused3 Don't think I'm meant to have these photos :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter