For the First Time in Forever-

I love the shots of the HM and the Riverboat!!

How long will your trip be in January? Now, that school is about to start, both your and cajunfan's trips are getting closer to reality.

We're going for 5 nights in January :cheer2: We rented points (which we also did for our Nov. trip) and are staying 3 nights at AKV and 2 nights at the Poly Villas, both new resorts for us which I'm super excited about! We did a 4 night trip w/o the kids this past March and it worked out well; this one will be a bit harder as it will be right in the middle of basketball season (older DS plays for school, on a travel team and an intramural team) but we really wanted to get one more trip in before our AP's expire :)

I had a lot of fun with the balloon picture. It is just an iconic image for me that takes me straight back to Main Street U.S.A. everytime I look at it. I need to enlarge it and post it in my classroom at school. That is my intention. On our trip I found the coolest souvenir. It is a metal sign with Mickey on it and the monorail and states, "Stand Back from the Door". I hung it right beside my classroom door to remind students not to block the door when they line up to leave. I like having that little touch of WDW with me in my daily life.

Oh, Lucky you! Planning a fall trip and MNSSHP!! I bet you are super excited! I have heard how the weather is perfect and crowds are not too bad. It would be fun to see all the decorations. I will have to watch for your TR when you get back.

I love the sign by the door! I saw someone post on FB that they have the "Here you enter this Happy Place" quote from Walt when he opened Disneyland above their door to their classroom. I like to have a little magic wherever I am.

We still have the trip planned for next fall, but Matt's contract job that was supposed to last thru September ended abruptly this weekend. So it may have to be scaled back if he does not find anything soon.

Love all the pictures and can't wait to read your next update. I only have one more day to write, but have just been busy with life to get it finished.

I highly recommend BOG and remember it is just quick service credit on the dining plan. I am not sure what the prices are if you pay out of pocket. You can check out allearsnet for the menus. I am guessing comparable to Pecos Bills or the food court place in Tomorrowland since it is not a table service restaurant.

I love the shots of the HM and the Riverboat!!

We're going for 5 nights in January :cheer2: We rented points (which we also did for our Nov. trip) and are staying 3 nights at AKV and 2 nights at the Poly Villas, both new resorts for us which I'm super excited about! We did a 4 night trip w/o the kids this past March and it worked out well; this one will be a bit harder as it will be right in the middle of basketball season (older DS plays for school, on a travel team and an intramural team) but we really wanted to get one more trip in before our AP's expire :)

Two new resorts to try out! That should be lots of fun. And both are resorts I would love to stay at, maybe I should just tag along on your trip!

Sorry to hear about Matt's job ending. Hopefully he will find something new soon. My DH's employer announced that they will be shutting down the factory that he works at in November. So, it is a transition time for us too. We hope he can find something near us so we can stay in this community.

Just want to say I'm sorry for everyone whose husbands' are looking for new jobs :( I have 3 friends whose husbands work indirectly for GE. I guess GE is selling off everything? Or doing something I don't understand but bottom line, one husband will be out of a job by Oct. and the other 2 are very nervous. The one who is definitely being laid off is an accountant, the company he works for handles mainly accounts for GE. Another one works for an IT company and the bulk of the work he does is for GE.......

Cajunfan and mdsouth best of luck to your DH's!

Just want to say I'm sorry for everyone whose husbands' are looking for new jobs :( I have 3 friends whose husbands work indirectly for GE. I guess GE is selling off everything? Or doing something I don't understand but bottom line, one husband will be out of a job by Oct. and the other 2 are very nervous. The one who is definitely being laid off is an accountant, the company he works for handles mainly accounts for GE. Another one works for an IT company and the bulk of the work he does is for GE.......

Cajunfan and mdsouth best of luck to your DH's!

Thanks ariane. I appreciate the good thoughts. My husband is a mechanical engineer. We hope he can find another job near where we live now since I have a good teaching position. There might be the possibility of contract work somewhere and a very slim chance the factory will be sold and the new owners rehire people. We shall see. So, for now, all possible future trips are put on hold. I wasn't planning one until 2017 anyway. So, I will just continue to dream my pixie dreams here on the DIS.

Chapter 39 - Valentine’s Day at the Magic Kingdom continued

I have to say again, I was disappointed that there wasn’t anything special in the Magic Kingdom for Valentine’s Day. Disney seems to really embrace all the other holidays, so I expected that there would be some special Valentine’s Day themed flowers and decorations when we were there. There wasn’t. I also hoped that they would have character meet and greets with characters who might normally be seen alone would be partnered up for the day, such as Mickey and Minnie, Princesses and their Princes, Clarice and the Chipmunks, etc.

There was only one thing that I saw specific for Valentine’s Day and that was a red heart that a Photopass photographer had as a frame for a photo. I saw him pull it out and use it with another group after we had had our picture taken and it was later that night.

Anyway, it will always be a special Valentine’s Day for me since I was with my loved ones all together in my favorite “Happy” place – the Magic Kingdom!

clip_image002.jpg

clip_image004.jpg

clip_image005.jpg

In this photo, Haley and I look a bit ragged. Her hair was a mess from the SUPER Windy conditions and our sunglasses are a bit cocked but I still love it since it shows me with my two babies hanging out in the MK.

Attachments

• D and H outslde.jpg
    D and H outslde.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 2
  • HJ and M at MK.jpg
    HJ and M at MK.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Chapter - Family Fun in the Florida Sun

When we were touring Fantasyland, we stopped to enjoy an ice cream treat outside of Peter Pan. It was an especially nice treat for us, since we got to enjoy it sitting outside in the beautiful weather. Remember, we were basking in the Florida sun as we escaped from harsh winter weather and below zero temperatures at home! It really was surreal!

upload_2015-10-26_10-57-43.png

upload_2015-10-26_10-56-33.pngupload_2015-10-26_10-58-8.png

[/URL
]

Well, I decided that I need to finish this TR, even if it just for myself and my own satisfaction of reliving my WDW trip and to finally finish a TR.

When I last left off, it was Valentine's Day and we were in the Magic Kingdom. Jacob had left to attend a Disney workshop with his band and spend some time touring the park with band friends. He planned to meet up again with us for a later dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Gary, Haley and I spent the afternoon and early evening riding rides.

Last edited:
0Bw7mHD8R3CufNEFqLUF4ZThXckE
For dinner on Valentine's Day we went to The Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom. And then afterward we found a good spot to watch the Electric Light Parade. I love this parade.
url

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter