For the First Time In Forever... Updated 9/10

Great start!!! I'm so excited you're writing again. I can't wait to watch your sweet family enjoy your vacation. Oh--and I've been twice in the fall and loved both times!

Hey there! Another travel planning mama of 3 here. We are also anxiously awaiting an October 2014 trip. Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!

Yay! My Dis Besties are here! :grouphug:

Wouldn't miss it! :goodvibes

Fall is a fabulous time (and my favorite time) to visit. Went in Sept 2010, Sept 2012 and Sept 2013 (Earmarked Conf).....oh yeah, going this Sept too for a conference!

I toured AoA last September and the food court looked amazing! The food court is just like Pop's.....different queues for each park. Honestly, I missed the separate queues when we stayed at POFQ in 2012. It made getting on the bus much more orderly; just like getting in the queue when you're leaving the parks. I find that the bus stops at the Mods and Deluxes are kind of crazy.

Hi there. I am so glad Emma posted about your ptr!!!! I loved reading your other reprots. We stayed at AOA last Oct for one night before switching over to POP. We loved the pools (we did use all 3 the short time we were there) and we LOVED Landscape of Flavors they had a ton of choices. We walked over a lot and ate there instead of at POP. We loved the party. My dd freaks out over loud noises and she loved the parade. You will love Oct.

Hi there. I am so glad Emma posted about your ptr!!!! I loved reading your other reprots. We stayed at AOA last Oct for one night before switching over to POP. We loved the pools (we did use all 3 the short time we were there) and we LOVED Landscape of Flavors they had a ton of choices. We walked over a lot and ate there instead of at POP. We loved the party. My dd freaks out over loud noises and she loved the parade. You will love Oct.

I can't believe you were able to use all three pools. How awesome! The cars pool looks so cute, but we will probably stick to BBP since Ev and Zo aren't really swimming yet. I will probably just take them on a tour of the LM section.

Same with us and the loud noises. Belle was diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder at age 4 and has special 'ears' to wear during things like that. I have extra pairs for the other two just in case.:thumbsup2

Okay, so it hasn't actually been forever. It's really only been 2 years, but our last trip was such a bust that it almost doesn't count.​

Mercy! How times have changed! Last time I saw you on here you just had Bella! I'm wayyyyyy behind! Glad to see you back and planning, though. It's always a good day when there's Disney to talk about! :love:

Okay, so it hasn't actually been forever. It's really only been 2 years, but our last trip was such a bust that it almost doesn't count.

In the eyes over our overly dramatic seven year old, it has been

F.O.R.E.V.E.R.
!​

Hi There:wave:

I was just reading through my one and only trip report from YEARS ago that I haven't read in YEARS (feeling a bit sentimental I guess) and I came across your Pre-Trip Report! Now, when I notice your signature with the three princesses I was like, "Woah, she only had one back when she was following my trip report"! Then, reality struck me that I ONLY had one at that point, as well, and now we are a family of 5 too!:grouphug:

We just returned from a trip to the World and I can't wait to hear more about you and the Princesses plans for your October visit!

-Kelly​

:yay: Welcome Back :yay: Hooray for an October trip, and wow your family grew :thumbsup2 You have two lovely additions since the last report I read of yours.

We stayed at AoA twice and my boys LOVED it. They loved the extra space, the extra t.v. and yes that lovely pull down bed which has a night light built in. From what I remember the buses were a non issue. We enjoyed our bus rides when we stayed there, I had a car for backup but it wasn't needed (we went in September both times).

Food selections at AoA appealed to all in our travel party. There was a good mix of kid friendly and variety from the usual qs. My kids enjoyed it so much they preferred to eat at the resort rather than in the parks. The Nemo pool is AMAZING, my kids have sensory issues and more, won't put heads in water, but at this particular pool they were both lounging on their backs so they could listen to the music under the water, which was very different from what was playing above the water. ;)

We carry around noise reduction headphones too. I also carry glow sticks for dark rides, coloring packets (from dollar section at Target, I always pick up whatever Disney they have throughout the year and save it in our Disney box)- these help with meals (waiting for food and such). Also if you need a quick break from the crowds/noise/etc the baby stations are wonderful for that. Our very first ever vacation was saved by the baby station in Epcot, my guys just needed some quiet time (there was a Disney movie playing and toys to play with).

Can't wait to read more about your plans :goodvibes

Hi There:wave:

I was just reading through my one and only trip report from YEARS ago that I haven't read in YEARS (feeling a bit sentimental I guess) and I came across your Pre-Trip Report! Now, when I notice your signature with the three princesses I was like, "Woah, she only had one back when she was following my trip report"! Then, reality struck me that I ONLY had one at that point, as well, and now we are a family of 5 too!:grouphug:

We just returned from a trip to the World and I can't wait to hear more about you and the Princesses plans for your October visit!

-Kelly

Hey Kelly!

It's funny how quickly time goes by. I still can't believe we have three kids and Zoë has been here for almost two years.:rotfl:

I want to hear about your trip!

:yay: Welcome Back :yay: Hooray for an October trip, and wow your family grew :thumbsup2 You have two lovely additions since the last report I read of yours.

We stayed at AoA twice and my boys LOVED it. They loved the extra space, the extra t.v. and yes that lovely pull down bed which has a night light built in. From what I remember the buses were a non issue. We enjoyed our bus rides when we stayed there, I had a car for backup but it wasn't needed (we went in September both times).

Food selections at AoA appealed to all in our travel party. There was a good mix of kid friendly and variety from the usual qs. My kids enjoyed it so much they preferred to eat at the resort rather than in the parks. The Nemo pool is AMAZING, my kids have sensory issues and more, won't put heads in water, but at this particular pool they were both lounging on their backs so they could listen to the music under the water, which was very different from what was playing above the water. ;)

We carry around noise reduction headphones too. I also carry glow sticks for dark rides, coloring packets (from dollar section at Target, I always pick up whatever Disney they have throughout the year and save it in our Disney box)- these help with meals (waiting for food and such). Also if you need a quick break from the crowds/noise/etc the baby stations are wonderful for that. Our very first ever vacation was saved by the baby station in Epcot, my guys just needed some quiet time (there was a Disney movie playing and toys to play with).

Can't wait to read more about your plans :goodvibes

So great to hear about another family with sensory issues. Belle is doing better with age. She still has moments, but it's nothing like it was when she was between 2 and 4. I'll post a short recap of her first trip sometime, but it was so sad. The only thing we could ride was the carousel- everything else was an overload.

Thanks for all of the awesome info!

Mercy! How times have changed! Last time I saw you on here you just had Bella! I'm wayyyyyy behind! Glad to see you back and planning, though. It's always a good day when there's Disney to talk about! :love:

Hey girl! It's so fun connecting with all my planning friends again. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hello!! I read your previous reports, don't know if you remember me, glad to see you doing another one! :thumbsup2 Your family is so lovely!

I stayed at Art of Animation in March and really enjoyed it. It's a gorgeous resort, very colorful and inviting. I think your girls will love it.

I was also impressed with Landscape of Flavors. They have more than just burgers and pizza; it's actually a pretty good selection of food. My favorite was the "make your own salad" bar - the cast members actually assemble it for you but there are lots of yummy salad topping options and I remember thinking it was a very good price.

Can't wait to read along! :yay:

Hello!! I read your previous reports, don't know if you remember me, glad to see you doing another one! :thumbsup2 Your family is so lovely!

I stayed at Art of Animation in March and really enjoyed it. It's a gorgeous resort, very colorful and inviting. I think your girls will love it.

I was also impressed with Landscape of Flavors. They have more than just burgers and pizza; it's actually a pretty good selection of food. My favorite was the "make your own salad" bar - the cast members actually assemble it for you but there are lots of yummy salad topping options and I remember thinking it was a very good price.

Can't wait to read along! :yay:

I absolutely remember you! :goodvibes

It is making me feel so much better hearing the good reviews on LoF. It seems like I have mostly read negative things.

I am reading your PTR, too!

It's taken several months to get the thumbs up, but I am excited to say that our number six traveler with be my mama....

(This was taken at her school on Valentines Day. All of the teachers wore red tutus for the occasion.)

So now that we have our number six set in place, it's time to discuss plans...

I had to plan a 'rough' schedule in order to make a few ADRs. I knew we would have a guest, I just didn't know who or how long they would be staying. I did my best at guessing and it ended up working out pretty well.

Day 1: Belle and Evie will be in school. Gregg will take off half a day to help me pack up and then we will pick up the girls early. We plan to be at my mom's school by 2pm, so she can sneak out a little early. (The girls don't know that we are going to Disney World and they don't know my mom is coming, either.) We are driving halfway and staying the night.

Day 2: Head to Disney at 8am and arrive around 3pm. Check into resort and let the girls swim and play on the playground. Eat dinner at LoF. (I'm dying to try the surf and surf burger.) Gregg and I will take a trip to the grocery store to pick up a few perishable items. (Grocery store suggestions are welcome. :))

Day 3: Sleep in and spend the morning at the pool. Head to MK around 1pm for parade and new Fantasyland. Head back to room after dinner. (We have found that the drive always make us very tired. We don't sleep well in hotels and we always end up crashing somewhere in the middle of the trip. This time I made the decision to rest and relax for a bit before we went gung-ho at the parks.)

Day 4: Animal Kingdom park opening, hang in as long as we can and a date night for us. :hug:

Day 5: Magic Kingdom for park opening, afternoon nap and MNSSHP. (I wanted to save the party for our last night, but my mom is flying home early.)

Day 6: SLEEP IN!!! Head to Epcot around 10am and spend the day there. Fingers crossed that we make it to Illuminations!

Day 7: Park opening at Hollywood Studios. Break in the afternoon and back for Fantasmic.

My mom is either flying home on Day 7 or 8. Hopefully 8!!!!

Day 8: Another Magic Kingdom day. If we finish up in the morning, we may head to DTD for the evening.

Day 9: Depart from Disney... hoping to head to the beach for a few days. :beach:

The Must-Do List-
Gregg: Food & Wine tasting, Mine Train
Me: Soarin', Festival of Fantasy Parade
Belle: Living With the Land, Haunted Mansion, Enchanted Tales with Belle
Evie & Zoë: Meet Elsa and Anna and ride Journey of the Little Mermaid
Nana: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

love love love your itin.!!! :thumbsup2 Glad you are giving yourselves all a time to unwind and just chill out…I hate when people push so hard the kids are a wreck..but, this is a thing you know that I hate! LOL!!
Love your mom in a tutu…it's Belle in 35 years or so…I always say she looks just like her!!

Hopefully the groc store trip will only include some pul-ups for sleep and swim diapers…I am praying for total potty training for you all before then!! :goodvibes

Glad your mom is joining you!
It looks like a nice plan - good to include the pool and downtime. Little ones can only do so much!

I have heard good things about the Publix nearby. I know it's really close to Animal Kingdom, but I don't know the streets or anything. We drove by it when we went to Celebration one trip and it was super close.

love love love your itin.!!! :thumbsup2 Glad you are giving yourselves all a time to unwind and just chill out…I hate when people push so hard the kids are a wreck..but, this is a thing you know that I hate! LOL!!
Love your mom in a tutu…it's Belle in 35 years or so…I always say she looks just like her!!

Hopefully the groc store trip will only include some pul-ups for sleep and swim diapers…I am praying for total potty training for you all before then!! :goodvibes

She is Nana's mini for sure!

That would be awesome! We had a rough day yesterday with both baby girls having accidents, coupled with Belle having a stomach bug. Lot's of bleach and lysol! Calgon take me away!!!:sick:

Glad your mom is joining you!
It looks like a nice plan - good to include the pool and downtime. Little ones can only do so much!

I have heard good things about the Publix nearby. I know it's really close to Animal Kingdom, but I don't know the streets or anything. We drove by it when we went to Celebration one trip and it was super close.

Here's the truth.... Daddy and Mommy can only do so much. ;)

I remember shopping at Publix near DTD when I was in the college program. I will have to map them out.

Hi! Joining in the PTR fun! This will be the first year in a long time we aren't going in the fall so I'll be living through your family ;)

We are a take it slow family! We are also not really a rope-drop family, unless there's food invloved-and swim time later!

Enjoy the princesses, I am blessed with princes :)

Yay, glad your mom is able to come along! That'll be a lot of fun.

Your plans look great! Sounds like a super fun time. :thumbsup2

For groceries, I haven't been to a store but we have ordered a few times from Garden Grocer. Super easy, you go on their site and order what you want, and they bring it right to the hotel! There is a $40 minimum order and deliver is $14 but I think it's worth it to not have to take the time out of vacation to go to the store. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter