"For the first time in forever, I'm getting what I'm dreaming of." Sept 2015 PTR

I second using easywdw!

It's amazing that you can pull off a themed movie night every week. It would take me more than a week to just to get one set up.

We enjoy going to the EMH when the crowds are low, but during the more crowded times we avoid EMH. It's sometimes hard to make those decisions.

Happy New Year!!

Honey I shrunk the Kids night seemed cute, I'm sorry to hear they weren't into it! But 20 movie nights already, that's so impressive!

Ugh sorry to hear about your car trouble :( I hope you are able to book soon!

The general consensus is that you should avoid EMH because while the early morning hour or the extra late night hours won't be as crowded, the rest of the day at the park will be crowded. I think though if you plan on fully utilizing the time (i.e. waking up to be at rope drop for a morning EMH) and have a good plan for the busier time of day, you will be ok.

I wouldn't be concerned with F&W affecting crowds, apart from Epcot on weekends. Epcot usually gets busy on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays during F&W because that's when most of the locals tend to go.

Definitely check out easywdw.com if you haven't already. His advice always has been crucial in my personal trip planning!

Thanks for the info on EMH, that makes sense.

I have briefly looked at easywdw.com, I will definitely check out his site more thoroughly. Thanks for the advice!

I second using easywdw!

It's amazing that you can pull off a themed movie night every week. It would take me more than a week to just to get one set up.

We enjoy going to the EMH when the crowds are low, but during the more crowded times we avoid EMH. It's sometimes hard to make those decisions.

I look forward to the movie nights and there is a DIS thread that really gave me the ideas. I just try to keep it simple and it makes it easier that way.

Glad to hear you enjoy EMH with low crowds. We should have low crowds while there so if we chose to do it, maybe it will work out okay.

Love the movie night themes for Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Robin Hood. Those are great choices, not movies I automatically associate with Disney. You really have a talent for bringing it all together. :goodvibes

You are a dedicated mama! These movie nights are adorable and I bet the kids are so pumped for WDW this year!

Their hats are adorable!! Looks like another fun night :thumbsup2

Thanks, it was another fun one!

love the hats! I would never have thought to do robin hood--great choice!

Thank you, Robin Hood was a fun one!

Love the movie night themes for Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Robin Hood. Those are great choices, not movies I automatically associate with Disney. You really have a talent for bringing it all together. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for your kind words!!

You are a dedicated mama! These movie nights are adorable and I bet the kids are so pumped for WDW this year!

Thank you! Oh my, they are so pumped. Our trip is talked about daily and how we all cannot wait. My DD also makes drawing on paper and makes them into books all about WDW. Her latest one started with a huge smiley face as the cover and the last pace was a sad face crying. She said because we will be so happy to be there and then really sad when it's time to leave. I love how much passion she has for Disney at the age of 5.

For The Parent Trap, I went with a camping theme. My kids had been talking about wanting to go camping so we did a little indoor camping.

During and after dinner, all the lights were off and we used flash lights and the camping lantern. The kids built a fort in the living room too. They had a lot of fun with this FMN. My DD absolutely loved this movie, I am going to have to get the Lindsay Lohan version for her to watch too. We listen to the Disney station on Slacker Radio frequently and when ever "Let's get together" come on, my DD says it's her favorite song. I knew she had to see the original version first.

This weeks FMN was The Sword in the Stone, DD had seen this movie before, but DS had not. He thought the movie was pretty funny, he even went to grab a sword out of his room and told us all it was the sword from the stone.

I'm so glad you're showing your kids all kinds of Disney movies and not just the animated classics! Glad you guys are loving them!!:goodvibes

What a great food theme for the Parent Trap! I loved that guys watched the classic version :) Though I do love the Lindsay Lohan one too!!

I've seen that Robin Hood soooo many times. It was one of my little brother's favorites and I watched it with him a bunch.

I loved all the original parent trap movies. I think we'll have to watch that one soon.

Great job!:cheer2:

indoor camping---only way to camp!! ;)

when you get to Disney, if you can work it in to your plan, try to be at the sword in stone by the carousel in the morning. they do a little show there and pick people from the crowd to try to pull out the sword. whoever pulls it out finally, gets to be the hero of the day or something. my DH got picked to try and then the duke (or whoever he is) tried to marry him off to his daughter! hilarious! anyway, it's super cute and the kid who ends up pulling the sword out after dads/big kids try always has the cutest look of surprise on their face! Disney magic!!

I'm so glad you're showing your kids all kinds of Disney movies and not just the animated classics! Glad you guys are loving them!!:goodvibes

Thank you :)

What a great food theme for the Parent Trap! I loved that guys watched the classic version :) Though I do love the Lindsay Lohan one too!!

I agree, I enjoy all the versions of Parent Trap. Thanks :)

I've seen that Robin Hood soooo many times. It was one of my little brother's favorites and I watched it with him a bunch.

I loved all the original parent trap movies. I think we'll have to watch that one soon.

Great job!:cheer2:

LOL, what a good sister!

Yes, Parent Tarp movies are really so good. It had been SO long since I had watched any of them.

indoor camping---only way to camp!! ;)

when you get to Disney, if you can work it in to your plan, try to be at the sword in stone by the carousel in the morning. they do a little show there and pick people from the crowd to try to pull out the sword. whoever pulls it out finally, gets to be the hero of the day or something. my DH got picked to try and then the duke (or whoever he is) tried to marry him off to his daughter! hilarious! anyway, it's super cute and the kid who ends up pulling the sword out after dads/big kids try always has the cutest look of surprise on their face! Disney magic!!

Yes, indoor camping works very well for us. Outdoor camping is usually very soggy for us here in WA.

Ooh, thank you so much for the information on the sword in the stone. We will totally have to try and do that, my kids would love it! Sounds like a very cute activity and totally Disney!

Tom & Huck FMN #24

I'm not sure how to do the titles on here anymore. :(

I went with a southern food theme for this movie night. I realize my last several movies lack decor, I think I need to get some more animated movies going for some more excitement. ;)

The kids really liked this movie, they were a little nervous of Injun Joe and asked a million questions during the movie.

My DS decided to take a nap and DH woke him up to have him join us because we knew he wouldn't want to miss it. Well, he woke up on the grumpy side :( He eventually came around and had a good time though.

A long overdue update...

So after a depressing way to lose the Super Bowl, I am in need of Disney medication. I decided an update was in order.

I have changed my mind on many things lately, I am constantly questioning our plans and revising which I hate! I'd prefer to plan and stick to it, but there are too many options at WDW, I cannot commit to a plan. DL planning was much easier.

The changes...

The dates...
I moved them up. I was worried about F&W and it turns out the original dates I picked, F&W would not have even started. Oh well, hoping for the least amount of crowds and my DD will miss less school, I still feel confident about that decision. These will not change again.

Number of park days...
We were planning on a 10 day park hopper, then decided to try a MNSSHP so bumped it down to 9 days, now DH is talking about Universal (how to get there is another challenge). That would put us at an 8 day, I am okay with this. However, he has been talking about a beach day, I had planned to do a (semi-close) beach day before MNSSHP. He wants to drive to Key West which we would would stay the night some where there (recommendations?) and then drive back the next day. I am very unsure about this, that's a lot of driving with the kids. I'm not sure I want to torture myself. If we decide to do it, I'd prefer to just add on a day to the end of our trip and make that our last day. Then comes the question of returning to the airport, can we rent a car at the WDW car care center and return it to the airport. But that puts us in the car for 6ish hours driving and then getting on a flight for another 4ish hours, which doesn't sound like fun at all. However, maybe we will be so exhausted that we would be fine. Yea, this is all still so up in the air.

Water Parks...
I had ruled this option out as I don't think my DS will really enjoy much at the water parks, but my DD saw me reading a TR and it happened to see pictures of Blizzard Beach and is DYING to go. One of her favorite things about our trip to DL was the water slide at our hotel. I am now considering adding that option. I also found out that you don't have to use the water tickets the same days as park tickets, which gives us more flexibility on when we could go.

ADRs...
Trying to decide ADR's, I keep reading and changing my mind. Grr.

Our park hours will be released this month and I kind of have to figure out our whole trip, what we will do when so I know when to schedule the ADRs next month.

Okay, I told you it was an update overdue...sorry for all the rambling.

Here are some pictures of what I've also been working on, so this post isn't all words.

Skirts for my DD to wear on our trip

We also started our countdown chains too.

Last edited:
So funny catching DS under the table instead of his usual seat!

Planning a trip can be very stressful, especially when going back and forth about things. But it will all work out!

The skirts are adorable :)

I'm loving your trip report. And just so you know I changed our trip up until the last minute. I think I changed ADRs until the week before. I even tried to change hotels the month before our trip. No matter when you go, where you stay or eat you'll have a wonderful time.
DH wasn't a Disney fan but now he can't wait to go back.

Joining in...we are currently planning our 1st trip to WDW. You have given me so many great ideas already and I have loved everything I've read thus far. So this fellow Seattle Seahawks fan who is heartbroken can't wait to keep following!!!

First off, hilarious picture of DS under the table! Nothing like a good tantrum picture to keep around for future use! :lmao:

The plans sound like ours, up in the air! It's hard deciding what to do; so much to see, so little time!

If I may interject on the keys idea; save it for another visit. I live in Miami, which is about 4 hours south of Orlando, and about 4 hours north of Key West (the last key before Cuba). The keys are great, very relaxing or a wild party, depending on where and when you go. There is family stuff to do and nightlife stuff for adults only, but trying to hit the keys AND do 10+ days in WDW with two little ones sounds like a lot to me. But then again it could be a great adventure!

Can't wait to see what you guys decide as far as park days, water parks and such; ADR days are coming up quick!! :hyper: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter