For the First Time In Forever.....A Disneyland reopening TR, Dark Ride photos and The End 5/8

I do know about that and I'll continue to wish you both well and Fran a speedy recovery.
Thank you very much! She is coming right along.
Hold on there!
Purple??? What happened to Indigo and Violet?

You know how I know that? Because I Googled. You know how I tell the difference between blue and indigo and violet and purple???

I don't. I'm a guy. There's no such colour as indigo and violet.
I think Crayola invented those colors. Did you have the 64 color crayon kit up there in Canada?
Whoa.
Here's me trying to lose a few pounds and I see this right out of the gate. I think I gained a pound just looking at that! :laughing:
How can you need to lose a few pounds? You're already skinny! :confused3
I find it interesting that the paint is flaking off that hydrant.
Now I'm going to look at that every time I walk by!
Wait... is that salmon?? I thought you didn't like salmon?
I don't like salmon, but it was on a buffet, so I took a picture.
Hey! That's cheating! One colour at a time!
Do you know how hard it was to find isolated colors????
Love the springs on the boots.
I didn't even notice those!
It's your TR... you could call it puce (another colour that doesn't exist) if you want.
Cool! :teeth:
Cool! Was that at DTD
No, all the festivals happen at DCA.
That just doesn't appeal. It looks like someone said "Just grab a plain ol' Mickey pretzel and shove some cut up wieners on it."
Yeah, the kids got two of them, so I'm glad that I got to try it without having to buy one.
That looks good.
It was. And I've seen it on menus since then, but I was afraid to try it in case it was spicy.
Really! And yet, so simple. Huh.
One of my favorites. I had it the other night. When I have spaghetti I make two piles on my (divided) plate, one with sauce, one with just butter and parmesan.
mmmmm... fried rice? Yes please.
Your comment here had me order chicken fried rice for 1st meal the other day. I just sat in the car in the parking lot while eating part of it. Then it had the rest for breakfast over the next two days.
Not surprised it wasn't too spicy. They know the majority of their clientele won't eat it if it's too spicy.
Yeah, I haven't had much at Disney that is truly spicy hot.
I know Mike is green, but he sure looks yellow in that photo.
I took that picture with my big camera, fast lens, and no flash....so.....
That was fun. :)
I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was a fun project to have that day rather than just documenting our day.

So sorry to hear about Fran, hope she is doing well at rehab.
She's making rapid progress. Well ahead of what they expected!
Glad to see an update
I had this last update all ready to go before she went into the hospital, and hadn't had a chance to get to replies, so I just went ahead and posted it. I have one more left, but need to put it together.
I just came home from my trip yesterday and started my TR if you are interested.
Yes please, can you post the link?

I was going to suggest that i could come out and meet you for part of one of your DL days, and then she went into the hospital and lost all track of time. :sad2:

Thank you very much! She is coming right along.
She sure is. :)
I think Crayola invented those colors. Did you have the 64 color crayon kit up there in Canada?
I'm not sure? I know I personally didn't have one but I'm almost positive I saw some.
How can you need to lose a few pounds? You're already skinny! :confused3
Well... between injuries and illness I've put on a few (too many) pounds. And trying to lose them with all that ain't easy.
Now I'm going to look at that every time I walk by!
:laughing: Sorry!
I don't like salmon, but it was on a buffet, so I took a picture.
Ah. Okay, now that makes more sense.
Do you know how hard it was to find isolated colors????
:lmao:
No, all the festivals happen at DCA.
I had no idea. :)
Yeah, the kids got two of them, so I'm glad that I got to try it without having to buy one.
Ah! Kids. Now it makes sense. I would've loved that when I was 8 or so.
Your comment here had me order chicken fried rice for 1st meal the other day.
You're welcome. ;)

I've only rebooked once, but... I waited until the last possible minute on my cruise credit before it expired. And I booked for as far ahead in the future I could too. (CC expired 2021 and had to be used by end of 2022)
We rebooked the 2020 cruise about a month before to March of 2021.
In December 2020 we rebooked that cruise to March of 2022.
In November 2021 we rebooked that cruise to April of 2023
Just a few months ago we found out friends would be sailing on the same itinerary in Feb of 2023, and it was $2000 cheaper than our April 2023 cruise, so we rebooked again.

I hope so too. Sure sounds like she's making progress. She walked quite a long ways yesterday!
Yeah, but no therapy on weekends, so I did the in the bed exercises with her.
Whoa. You really liked it!
::yes::
rimshot_zpsxgbdywf5.gif

I have one on file.
(Except I can't access them when I'm at work... ah well.)
That's the one. I don't know how to "keep" it.
I'm not either... but in a weird way.
I will gladly munch on peanuts
I like peanuts, can eat those quite a bit!
or other nuts (salted or honey roasted or BBQ mostly.)
Not a fan of too many other nuts...but can tolerate some of them. Starting to come around to cashews.
But I never want them mixed with other things. I don't want walnuts in a Waldorf Salad or brownies.
Absolutely NOT!
But I like peanut butter and love a PB&J milkshake.
I like peanut butter, but not the jelly part.....
I may have... when I was a kid, mom would put out a bowl of nuts with a nutcracker. I'm pretty sure there were some in there? Maybe?
But that was over 100 years ago, so...
Yeah, Colbert made a joke last night that all three holidays (Easter, Passover, & Ramadan) haven't happened on the same day in over 30 years, so like 2020! :lmao:
Still... we would've picked the same thing and both regretted our choices afterwards. :)
That's one reason Fran usually gets the opposite of me because she knows I sometimes regret my choices, and she will eat just about anything, but brussel sprouts.

I'm not sure? I know I personally didn't have one but I'm almost positive I saw some.
It was super cool. Even had a built in sharpener.
Well... between injuries and illness I've put on a few (too many) pounds. And trying to lose them with all that ain't easy.
What happened????? :confused3
Ah! Kids. Now it makes sense. I would've loved that when I was 8 or so.
Yeah, the boys were all over it. They are vegan at home so that made it even more exciting. They're 11 and 6.

We rebooked the 2020 cruise about a month before to March of 2021.
In December 2020 we rebooked that cruise to March of 2022.
In November 2021 we rebooked that cruise to April of 2023
Just a few months ago we found out friends would be sailing on the same itinerary in Feb of 2023, and it was $2000 cheaper than our April 2023 cruise, so we rebooked again.
Way too much rescheduling. Hopefully this time it will work out for you two.
Yeah, but no therapy on weekends, so I did the in the bed exercises with her.
I was thinking of you around 1pm (my time... 11am yours.)
"Bet she's with Fran right about now.

Last night, I was reading the Google Doc while you were typing it. That was neat. Your name shows up above the words you're currently typing. There's a pause and then it jumps with 2-3 new words. It was like watching a ghost on my laptop.
That's the one. I don't know how to "keep" it.
I have mine saved on Photobucket... which means I can't use it or even see it when I'm at work.
Starting to come around to cashews.
gesundheit
Absolutely NOT!
You get it!
Yeah, Colbert made a joke last night that all three holidays (Easter, Passover, & Ramadan) haven't happened on the same day in over 30 years, so like 2020! :lmao:
:laughing:
That's one reason Fran usually gets the opposite of me because she knows I sometimes regret my choices, and she will eat just about anything, but brussel sprouts.
I've always said "Fran is smart"
It was super cool. Even had a built in sharpener.
That rings a bell. I must have seen it.
What happened????? :confused3
Since last fall, I've injured my hip and my Achilles in both ankles. That lasted months. The left one is still a bit tender and I tend to limp if I've been sitting or lying down too long. Now I have Covid. Fun times.
Yeah, the boys were all over it. They are vegan at home so that made it even more exciting. They're 11 and 6.
What an interesting statement. "Vegan at home"... and they ate hotdog meat when they weren't at home? Talk about extreme ends of the spectrum!

I was thinking of you around 1pm (my time... 11am yours.)
"Bet she's with Fran right about now.
Aww. That's sweet.
Last night, I was reading the Google Doc while you were typing it. That was neat. Your name shows up above the words you're currently typing. There's a pause and then it jumps with 2-3 new words. It was like watching a ghost on my laptop.
How fun! When Fran and I collaborate on things like letters to tenants we see the same thing, but I bet it was interesting for you to see as I was updating.
I have mine saved on Photobucket... which means I can't use it or even see it when I'm at work.
I would have no idea how to save an emoji to photobucket.
I've always said "Fran is smart"
Since last fall, I've injured my hip and my Achilles in both ankles. That lasted months. The left one is still a bit tender and I tend to limp if I've been sitting or lying down too long. Now I have Covid. Fun times
Oh no! Do you know where you got your covid? I'm hoping to stay in the "never had covid" lane. So far I'm good and testing every other day now.
What an interesting statement. "Vegan at home"... and they ate hotdog meat when they weren't at home? Talk about extreme ends of the spectrum!

Well Suzie keeps them vegan when they're at home, but the little one told Jenny (while she sat with him while we rode MF:SR) that his mom said he could eat anything on vacation.

How fun! When Fran and I collaborate on things like letters to tenants we see the same thing, but I bet it was interesting for you to see as I was updating.
I would have no idea how to save an emoji to photobucket.
First find one... then save it. Not hard. :)
Oh no! Do you know where you got your covid?
From one of the kids. Kay got it from her boyfriend. No idea where he got it, other than he works in retail, so could be from anywhere.
I'm hoping to stay in the "never had covid" lane. So far I'm good and testing every other day now.
I was hoping for that lane too.
So if you have Covid dies that mean your are quarantine at home?
I was, yes.
Yesterday was my first day where I felt I could safely interact again.

First find one... then save it. Not hard.
To me emojis are a series of words or html code which usually begins with a semi colon and then has words after it like "laughing" :laughing: or "snooty" :snooty: or "teeth" :teeth: and not *.jpegs, *.tifs, or :*.gifs. So I don't understand where you "find" one and once you do, where you would "save" it.
From one of the kids. Kay got it from her boyfriend. No idea where he got it, other than he works in retail, so could be from anywhere
Most of the folks I know who have gotten covid, got it from their kids.
I was hoping for that lane too.
:hug:
I was, yes.
Yesterday was my first day where I felt I could safely interact again.
Do you have any lingering symptoms?

To me emojis are a series of words or html code which usually begins with a semi colon and then has words after it like "laughing" :laughing: or "snooty" :snooty: or "teeth" :teeth: and not *.jpegs, *.tifs, or :*.gifs. So I don't understand where you "find" one and once you do, where you would "save" it.
animated-smileys-bath-wc-005.gif.pagespeed.ce.3K4ffUprB1.gif
Take this one for instance. I downloaded it from https://www.animated-smileys.com/
I saved that one to my laptop, but I've saved them to Photobucket in the past so I could use them like I use the rest of my photos on a TR.
Most of the folks I know who have gotten covid, got it from their kids.
Rotten kids!

And... not at all surprised by that.
Do you have any lingering symptoms?
Yes. I still have a tiny bit of a cough. Most notably in the evening. Throughout the day, I'm constantly clearing my throat. I also have a persistent ringing in my ears that I didn't have before.

animated-smileys-bath-wc-005.gif.pagespeed.ce.3K4ffUprB1.gif

Take this one for instance. I downloaded it from https://www.animated-smileys.com/
I saved that one to my laptop, but I've saved them to Photobucket in the past so I could use them like I use the rest of my photos on a TR.
OK, that's interesting. I downloaded this one.

And uploaded it to photobucket! :laughing:
Rotten kids!

And... not at all surprised by that.
Yup. Teenagers are invincible so it's no wonder they don't think they'd get it.
Yes. I still have a tiny bit of a cough. Most notably in the evening. Throughout the day, I'm constantly clearing my throat. I also have a persistent ringing in my ears that I didn't have before.
Sorry about that. Fran has been suffering from tinnitis for years. Hopefully the cough is getting better.

Time To Say Bu-Bye!

This will be my final update on this thread. I think it's about time to wrap it up. A year ago we were all celebrating the reopening of Disneyland, and now it's almost back to normal (kind of). Physical character meet and greets are back, so all those poor folks can now get slapped, kicked, and bitten by unruly children. And while a lot is returning to normal, as I said when this first started, I'm not sure we will ever go back to where we were before.

I think some of the things that aren't going away are QR code menus, curbside pickup, mobile orders (ever been inside a McDonald's lately?). And many of those things are in effect at DL, so as we enter our phase of new normal, so ends this TR.

On our last day of our January trip, in addition to the photo scavenger hunt, I took a lot of dark ride photos, so I thought I would share a few of the better ones. I don't think that they need much commentary.

We started off at Monsters Inc.

We did a bunch of other rides, but they weren’t dark rides so I didn’t take pictures, or if I did, you saw them in the scavenger hunt post. So later in the day we hopped over to DL and I snapped these dark ride photos.

Then we popped over to Pirates….

I have been trying for years to get this shot, and this is the first time I’ve been able to get a clear shot.

Here kitty kitty…..

And just because this thread is coming to an end doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy the fun. I’ve got a WDW TR going on here, and once that trip is wrapped up the DL bonus features will continue there.

Great dark ride pics, love the Pirates ones, I was so sad that was closed when I was there. Wow, it's been a month already.

Great dark ride pics, love the Pirates ones
Thanks! I was pretty pleased with these since I have to manually focus to take them. If I put the lens on Autofocus, it gets confused where to focus and doesn't take any pictures.
I was so sad that was closed when I was there. Wow, it's been a month already.

I was so lucky to ride it one more time in late February. I was so sad on our March trip when we were there for the weekend and it was all closed down.

OK, that's interesting. I downloaded this one.

And uploaded it to photobucket! :laughing:
And being at work... I can't see it!

And... that means I can't see any of your update. I'll have to come back later. :sad2:
Yup. Teenagers are invincible so it's no wonder they don't think they'd get it.
Sorry about that. Fran has been suffering from tinnitis for years. Hopefully the cough is getting better.
Cough is better. :)
tinnitis is not bad now. It's there, but I have to stop and think "Is it there? <pause> Yep!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter