? for the Experts--Booking During F&WF--UPDATE: Got BLT

Rigatoni

Waiting for a rolling boil
We are new AKV owners. I called member services to check availability for a concierge studio at AKV for 10/17 to 10/20. It's booked. They do have Jambo House SV available.

We'd really like BCV or BWV for obvious reasons. What do you think my chances are for booking a studio at the seven month mark?

I could just book the AKV savannah view now and try to change it over to BWV or BCV on 3/17, right?

It might be difficult. I would book the AKV savannah view. There are people who waitlisted at 7 months last year for BCV and never got it.

Definitly make a backup reservation. Both BWV and BCV are very much in demand during the festival.

Having said that, we have always been able to switch to BWV at 7 months but did have to use the waitlist process. We usually go during the very busy Jersey week (and the last week of F&W). A few of the rules have changed so it may be more difficult this year, only time will tell.

BCV is more difficult than BWV because of the size of the resort, but we were successful with BCV once.

If it gives you any hope I booked BCV at the 7 month mark for 9/25 - 10/4 with no problems at all. MS even said that there was plenty of availability at that time.

I also booked BCV at the 7 month window for F&W the weekend of Sept. 25. I have a feeling October is more difficult.

We are new AKV owners. I called member services to check availability for a concierge studio at AKV for 10/17 to 10/20. It's booked. They do have Jambo House SV available.

We'd really like BCV or BWV for obvious reasons. What do you think my chances are for booking a studio at the seven month mark?

I could just book the AKV savannah view now and try to change it over to BWV or BCV on 3/17, right?

I had a value studio at AKV for this Oct. 4-7, when I called they didin't have all three nights so I just waitlisted for BWV value view. It took two days for our waitlist to come through. So I would give the waitlist a try. You can have two waitlists, so If you really want waitlist for two different views at either resort. I was surprised how easy it was and how fast it came through.

Score! Got a savannah view in Kidani 10/16 to 19, so even if we can't change to BCV or BWV, we'll still be happy. :)

Called today--the 7 month window--to try to switch to BCV. The last night wasn't available, so Krista was just about to put us on the waitlist for BCV when she noticed BLT was available. This is the second time I've gotten Krista (or Kristi?) She's great.

So for only 3 points more we are staying in a lake view studio at BLT. This is the good thing about the restructured points chart--it's great for long weekend trips. :)

So for only 3 points more we are staying in a lake view studio at BLT. This is the good thing about the restructured points chart--it's great for long weekend trips. :)

I think the new points structure is for 2010 stays. :confused3 (Or, do you mean for planning for your next years stay? )

I think the new points structure is for 2010 stays. :confused3 (Or, do you mean for planning for your next years stay? )

For for all the other resorts the new structure starts in 2010, but they structured the BLT point chart like that from the beginning. For example, a lake view studio in October 2009 is 15 points for a weekday and 24 points for Sat or Sun.

For for all the other resorts the new structure starts in 2010, but they structured the BLT point chart like that from the beginning. For example, a lake view studio in October 2009 is 15 points for a weekday and 24 points for Sat or Sun.

Hmmm... I'm showing a LV studio in OCT 15 pts for M-Th and 23 pts for Sat/Sun in 2010....Not a big difference for a studio, though.

I stand corrected. They did tweek the points a little for 2010. But I thought the weekday/weekend differential for 2009 isn't as big as the other resorts. I'm too lazy to go look and figure it out. ;)

if you are going for the food/wine festavial would still be trying for BCV or BWV - now hoping will love BLT - but if you stay for illiuinations the long walk back to the monrail could be a pain - especially if you had more than just a drink or two.

the monrail will definitely make the BLT the back up resort for BWV and BCV during the food/wine - but would still go with them if you can,.

you can be in the your villa/room at BCV by the time most of the Epcot guests are at the front of epcot - they still have to get to their rooms....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter