For the DVC Golfers..thoughts regarding Vero beach and Hilton head

PleasejointheFarque

Mouseketeer
HI there,

It's that time of the again, working out our September 2019 trip.

So we are are at BLT 13 nights and DH wants to do a 7 day road trip to Atlanta via all the great golf courses, then we fly home to Sydney via DFW from ATL.

Looking at Hilton head and Vero beach. What are the courses like near each resort area, and is it worth 2 nights at each for the golf??

He is definitely looking at Augusta to visit, as well as a couple in that area.

So DVC Golfers, what are your thoughts? Is it worth back tracking to Vero, or should we just head north and miss Vero beach entirely? I only want him to drive a max 3 hrs every second day (we are getting old).

Any tips and hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I can't speak for Vero, but we go to HHI every November, and DH always brings, and uses, his golf clubs. I can't imagine going for only 2 nights. Our last stay was 10 nights, and DH golfed 5 times. We've gone every November for the last 13 years, for our combination golf/Thanksgiving vacation. Love it!

For golf you can skip Vero Beach and go directly to Hilton Head! Golfing on WDW property is also fantastic!!! Even the Fantasia miniature golf is fun and challenging :)

Agree, hit Palm and Magnolia (a must) then skip Vero and head to Hilton Head, there are several fantastic courses in that immediate area and you can get 3 and 4 course deals.

Love the Magnolia, it used to be a PGA stop. I would use the 4 nights at HH instead of a couple at VB, you can choose the type of course you want to play and absolutely book a multi course package, that will give you priority tee times as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter