For that use Amazon Prime NOW for resort deliveries......I have ??

edk35

DIS Veteran
I am going to use the Amazon Prime NOW for our trip that starts on Monday morning. We have a 6:15 a.m. flight and are staying at POFQ.We will arrive Orlando by 8:30 a.m. I want to place an order of water and a few snacks. Should I order once we arrive the resort? The night before? On the Magical Express as we are on our way to the resort? Where is this delivered to? If I get something cold will the resort have cold storage? How do I address this...what format do you use in check out? THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

We stayed at AKL last week and used Prime Now. We ordered on the magical express. My husband met the delivery man outside the lobby, where the drop off is. He actually called us when he arrived. We put a note in our order that we would meet him and to please call. We were able track him on the app. It was awesome and seamless!we will definitely do this every trip.

Tip - google for a prime now code if it is your first time. We saved $10!

We stayed at AKL last week and used Prime Now. We ordered on the magical express. My husband met the delivery man outside the lobby, where the drop off is. He actually called us when he arrived. We put a note in our order that we would meet him and to please call. We were able track him on the app. It was awesome and seamless!we will definitely do this every trip.

YES it will be our first time using PRIME NOW. Do we have to be there for delivery??

Ohhh what is Prime now and do I get this with Prime regular? I would love to be able to use Prime on vacation. I assume Prime now is immediate delivery? Can we also do same day on anything?

Ohhh what is Prime now and do I get this with Prime regular? I would love to be able to use Prime on vacation. I assume Prime now is immediate delivery? Can we also do same day on anything?
Yes it is part of Prime. I did Prime in Oct. and my order of water to SSR never showed up. It was signed for and the front desk people didn't even know who it was. I did get a refund from Amazon. I am going to try Prime Now this time.

I have probably never heard of it because it's not in my area, but I am now super excited to not have to take a shopping day! I hope to not leave the resort my whole trip!

I have probably never heard of it because it's not in my area, but I am now super excited to not have to take a shopping day! I hope to not leave the resort my whole trip!
Put the zip code of the resort in and see if they have the products you want.

YES it will be our first time using PRIME NOW. Do we have to be there for delivery??

You do not have to be there. They can leave it with the front desk. However, Disney now charges $5 if you have a package delivered. This is why we met them outside the lobby; we avoided having to pay the fee.

You don't have to be there for delivery, but it might make the process easier. We had an Amazon Prime Now delivery to BWI. I got the text that it had been delivered when we were in EP. On our way back to the room, I stopped at bell services and they said they never got it. Called Amazon, they promptly refunded my money but said all looked good on their end. I stopped by again the next morning and lo and behold it had been there all along with my name and reservation # on it. Obviously it was an oversight on bell services part (I called Amazon and told me to please reinstate the charges as I had the delivery) and took a bit of time on my part to track it down which wasn't a lot of fun. So, if you can plan to be there when they deliver, you up your chances of no glitches occurring.

We ordered while we were on Magical Express headed to Coronado Springs. We were at dinner when we received the message that they delivered the groceries to Bell Services. We walked over to Bell Services, and they kindly offered to give us a cart ride back to our room with the case of water and all of the groceries. We ordered quite a bit, so that was super convenient! I don't remember paying a fee to Disney for the delivery, but I can double check my records. But even if we did have a $5 delivery charge, I would absolutely do it again. Definitely recommend Prime Now.

For people who are new to this, they don't carry everything under the sun. But we did use it in May. We had gotten a grocery order with WEGOSHOP, but near the end of the week needed a few more things. Also DS wasn't feeling well, so order some over the counter meds. In my opinion, it doesn't replace a major shopping trip, but if you are the type to only need a few things like soda, a few snacks and frozen chicken nuggets, it works well.

We plan on using it again in Sept.

I've used Amazon Prime Pantry in a few hotels plus last time we were at WDW and also been very pleased. But then I wasn't getting anything fresh or frozen. It was a nice option to have a box waiting at the hotel.

I can't speak to Prime NOW, but I've used regular Prime last October at ASSports and it was great! I needed one of those Chilly Pad towels. We ordered it in Epcot, had it sent via Prime for the next day (the option for that was free!). I got it by the next night because the resort hadn't received it from some type of main package center yet, but all worked out great. I bet if you place an order a day or two before, if nothing is perishable, you'd be good to go! Due to this thread I am for sure looking into Prime NOW for my next trip!

ETA: It also saved me $10+ from having to buy the Disney one in the gift shop! Prime saved my heiney haha

If you have a specific time frame you want them to deliver, I'd place the order sooner than later. The time slots can fill up and become unavailable.

If you have a specific time frame you want them to deliver, I'd place the order sooner than later. The time slots can fill up and become unavailable.
Oh I didn't think of that. GOOD IDEA.

How do we address these when we are placing the order. Do we need to put our resort conf. number, arrival date?

This sounds PERFECT!!!! @souperman128 ... we should totally do this!

You do not have to be there. They can leave it with the front desk. However, Disney now charges $5 if you have a package delivered. This is why we met them outside the lobby; we avoided having to pay the fee.

I didn't think that charge was at all resorts - is that new?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter