• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For Pete: Thanks for the new stuff on the podcast!

I agree. I look forward to my little bit of Disney I get from you guys every week. I can't believe how bummed I become when I hear there won't be a show for the week.

I do have some renewed energy these past few weeks, and I owe a debt of gratitude to Dustin, who has been incredibly helpful with many of the changes we're making to the show.

Thanks, Dustin. You have had a positive impact on the show, which is saying a lot since we enjoy it so much (and so many of us can be resistant to change)!

Well said by all....thanks Pete, Dustin and all of the Pod casters !!!! I look forward to each new show.

Well said Erin.
I'm sure this is how a lot of us feel Pete. There's a lot not said, but you do fill that space in our lives and we look forward to listening and getting updates from you and the dis team on a regular basis.
Since I may not get a chance to individually thank everyone in person on the podcast cruise 3.0, I'm sending out a Big thanks to everyone in advance. :grouphug:

Brenda

I totally agree with all the sentiments expressed here. I listen to NPR a lot too, and they do the pledge drives with the "we don't make you give, we ask you to give" guilt-mongering (side note: I do give). You don't even ask that of us, we just get free entertainment and a glimpse into the lives of people we come to think of as friends, even though you have no idea we exist. It's amazing when you think about it...all this information and care and love and we have to do NOTHING for it!

My favorite way to listen to the podcast is on training runs. My main problem is that sometimes I laugh, and I'm pretty sure that you look like a maniac when you're running down the street by yourself laughing at nothing. :rotfl:

Anyway, thank you to Pete, Walter, Dustin, Julie, Corey, John, Kevin, Teresa, Kathy, Max and everyone else who makes this podcast of ours so great. Where would we be without you?

I don't think I could go without saying thank you. I will share my Dis story with you soon enough but I wanted to echo what everyone else has said here.

THANK YOU PODCAST CREW!!

I actually began to reply to this thread last night, but couldn't quite decide what to say. In short, all of the above posts have touched on some of the great things about the podcast and its crew. I too have noticed that the past few weeks and months have shown a great deal of energy. It makes me feel terrific every time I tune in and I appreciate all of the hard work that goes into the boards and all of the shows (both in front of the microphone and behind the scenes). I listened to the call in show while out on my morning run yesterday and thought it was a really fun change of pace. Can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings.

Thanks again and happy 15th anniversary to all!

What Erin said. Thanks to all the DIS podcast crew (WDW and DL). You don't know me, but I feel we're connected by our mutual love of Disney.

I have said this many times to the people I run Disney races with, and you deserve to hear it too: I couldn't get through my training without you.\.

Knowing that I could listen to your podcasts during training...why, that "luxury" has gotten me through some of my longest and toughest runs. Just today, when I wake up and it's already in the 80s, I used the podcast as my motivation to get out there. It works for me in a way music doesn't always.

So thank you, thank you, thank you! You not only make me laugh - and sometimes tear up (Give Kids the World) - but you have helped make me a happier, healthier person. You have enriched my life far beyond the Disney knowledge you offer.

I know many of the crew like to poke light-hearted fun at those of us who run - including Tinker Bell Half Marathoner Tony - all in good fun! :goodvibes But I also know you appreciate realizing that, I (and many others) have found running partners and friends through the support of the DISboards and its W.I.S.H. forum.

So thank you Pete, Walter, John, Kevin, Julie, Corey, Teresa, Kathy, Max, Dustin, and Max the intern. Thank you Tom, Walter, Tony, Nancy and Mary Jo. Thanks Bob Varley; I know your spirit still sits at the table. And thanks to all the correspondents - especially Dave Parfitt, who turned me onto the podcast - and special guests.

I agree completely!!!!!!!! Thanks you everything you and the rest of the team do!! :cool1::love: You guys are the best!!

I totally agree with everything that has been said...

the service and entertainment that all of you provide...and I find myself so attached and invested...

I think Dustin has been a wonderful addition; I'm loving all the new videos.

I celebrate your personal happinesses (is that a word??) and cry over your tragedies...

Thank you for sharing so much of yourselves with all of us...I know that you could do the show WITHOUT that...but it wouldn't be the same, and I really love all the personal stuff that you share with us, making us part of your lives in some small way.

I hope that some day I'll be able to participate in a special event or trip...but until then, I continue to feel a "part" of the show because of the way you all talk to us and include us...

Thank you so much!

Brooke

I have to add here how great it is to see so many new (or new to posting) people posting on this thread. Please jump right in and join us in threads that appeal to you!!

Hoping to see more of you all soon!! :)

Nikki
DIS Unplugged Forum Moderator & Blogger - Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App.

I agree! The podcast is the greatest motivation to get my hiney out the door to run. I feel like the team are all close friends.

Perfectly said. My eyes started welling up with tears as I read this post. No matter what's going on in my life, I can always count in the podcast crew, and the board family to be my escape and a source of smiles and laughter. I hope that there will be a way that I can one day repay everything.

I am coming back to the boards after a 4-year absence.... Having listened to the podcasts the whole time, it feels a bit like coming home. :) Love the new energy also!

Adding to the long thread of agreements here!

Just a reminder to you all who love the DisUnplugged like me...

Pete requested that if we are able, to make a donation to GKTW as a way of thanking the podcast team for all of their time and efforts in putting the wonderful DisUnplugged together. I can't think of a better way to let them know how much their podcast means to us than to donate to their favorite cause!

Say Thanks to the Team! Donate Here!

Thanks to the whole Podcast Team! We truly love you all!:blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter