? For PC Eastbound Cruisers Who Booked GTY

CraftyMouse

<font color=brown>I am ever so grateful for the te
Has anyone been assigned a cabin yet? I'm wondering if DCL is going to fill rooms as they become available or wait until 30 days out to assign GTYs as usual. I'm guessing its the latter, but know that this is a very popular sailing so I thought they might do the former.

Anyone know?

We're all wondering that on the WB board also... so far the people who are unassigned are joking (maybe...) ;) that we're all going to be staying in lifeboats...:rotfl:

I am on WB PC. I still have not received a room assignment. I will let you know as soon as I get one. I think it might be 30 days prior to cruise date.

I was GTY on the 05 repo and got my room assignment with my travel docs. But I really wasn't all that internet literate at the time and never checked the DCL website to see if it was assigned prior to that. I check about once a month to see if it magically appears:goodvibes

Some have gotten their cabin assignments, some have not. They are not waiting until 30 days out. I was a GTY cat 7 and have been assigned already.

We're on the WB Repo - we haven't received our assignment yet either. I'm not too concerned though - I'm just glad we got on the ship. :hippie:

We're on the WB Repo - we haven't received our assignment yet either. I'm not too concerned though - I'm just glad we got on the ship. :hippie:

Aye, same with us, glad we got on the ship too. We still gty well.

Scottishwee35

We are on the eastbound and although paid in full some time ago still have no assignment wonder if we will have to wait until the day for final payments to be made to see what cancellations there are.

Cat 10 GTY and no assigned cabin yet for us. But we were one of the lucky ones that jumped on the openings that popped up in early December so we haven't been booked very long.

Some have gotten their cabin assignments, some have not. They are not waiting until 30 days out. I was a GTY cat 7 and have been assigned already.

Well, that's promising!

We're on the WB Repo - we haven't received our assignment yet either. I'm not too concerned though - I'm just glad we got on the ship.

Ditto!

Cat 10 GTY and no assigned cabin yet for us. But we were one of the lucky ones that jumped on the openings that popped up in early December so we haven't been booked very long.

We booked in December as well and are also just glad we're on board! I was shocked/thrilled to even get a stateroom on this cruise so I'd be happy to sleep wherever they put us!

We leave on Sat. Jan. 19 booked 12 gty and still no cabin assignment. 5 days to go and still no room:scared1: One could out of their mind waiting. Guess we'll get our room # on Sat. when we check in.
Mindi

We leave on Sat. Jan. 19 booked 12 gty and still no cabin assignment. 5 days to go and still no room:scared1: One could out of their mind waiting. Guess we'll get our room # on Sat. when we check in.
Mindi

Have you given DCL a call? It is very unusual to not have a cabin assingment yet. What do you luggage tags say? The porters rely on the numbers on those tags to get your bags to your room.

Again, I'd give DCL a call ASAP.

We have 3 rooms booked for the eastbound. All were gty. Last week I decided to check the DCL site. One room has been assigned a room number. Still waiting for the other 2. I figured they would do all linked reservations together at the same time. Now I'm hoping that we'll be close together.

Wendy

We have 3 rooms booked for the eastbound. All were gty. Last week I decided to check the DCL site. One room has been assigned a room number. Still waiting for the other 2. I figured they would do all linked reservations together at the same time. Now I'm hoping that we'll be close together.

Wendy

Can I ask what category you have and when you booked?

Friends of ours have 4 rooms booked on the EB
They booked when it first opened last year

2 rooms in a category 5 and one room in a category 11 were assigned to them in December. One of them is a party of 5 and they are in a category 4 and they still haven't been assigned and they are all traveling together

Taking knowledge from the 2005 E/bound repo which has had history repeated so far with the 2008 repo, and in the knowledge there are so many GTY rooms allocated, I would say they will now be allocated after 90 days out before 30 days out.

Firstly in 2005 there was also a considerable number of GTY rooms, they all traveled, so no panic.

Like 2008 the odd one or two staterooms came up for sale now and then.

Some more came up for sale just after the 90 days pay up mark.

I purchased a Cat 9 first, with a stateroom number later upgraded to a CAT 4 GTY, I had my stateroom given to me, about 60 days out. I first saw it on the DCL website.

GTY gives DCL maximum flexibility, some people might for example be penciled in for an upgrade, but others might wish to pay for an upgrade. So it allows them to swap about rooms.

Also some people might want connecting rooms, some people might cancel and if they allocate a room now, you might 'block' a connecting room so they have to move again.

Now, with so many GTY's issued, if they started allocating room numbers to a few, the rest of the cruisers would bombard DCL with requests, why not me?

So to be fair it will most likely be after 90 days, unless they can wave a magic wand with pixie dust and make everyones dreams come true, ,,,well its Disney.

Thanks Derek! Those were exactly my thoughts. It does DCL no good to assign staterooms at this point. All they need to know is what the availability is, if any. I had the feeling that we wouldn't find out until the usual 30 days out...but I think I'll keep checking the DCL site, just in case. Besides, sometimes I just like to look at my lovely reservation. It gives me a warm, happy feeling! :goodvibes

Thanks Derek! Those were exactly my thoughts. It does DCL no good to assign staterooms at this point. All they need to know is what the availability is, if any. I had the feeling that we wouldn't find out until the usual 30 days out...but I think I'll keep checking the DCL site, just in case. Besides, sometimes I just like to look at my lovely reservation. It gives me a warm, happy feeling! :goodvibes

Yes all the factors, imho, is that they have maximum flexibility and less ''complaints'' by holding back on the GTY's until after the 90 day mark, its purely, to give them maximum options, where to place cruisers, someone might be penciled in for that upgrade now, someone, might be penciled in on a connecting room, but DCL do not know who will cancel, all they do know is the cancellation rates from previous E/bound cruise, at pay up time, they will work to that and when everyone is paid, then allocate.

There would be open war if they allocate a few now, everyone else would complain.

The good news is anyone on a GTY is on the cruise, no one was bumped off this cruise last time, the only time I read about a 'bump' off a cruise on these boards was a Christmas one in 2006, and DCL made that family an offer they could not refuse for swapping Cruise > WDW, to WDW>Next Cruise instead.

I booked two rooms the first day that reservations were open - a cat 4 for my family of 4 and a cat 9 for my parents, both GTY. About 4 wks ago, my parents were assigned a 2nd deck cat 9 stateroom. My cat 4 is still listed as GTY.

So - some GTY rooms have been assigned.

Wendy

That's our situation too. Our cat 11 was assigned but our cat 6 was not. What has me worried is that they put our cat 11 cabin on deck 7, and there are NO cat 6's on that deck. Here's hoping that they go back and see that our ressies are all linked and reassign us close together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter