For iPhone users: Opera Mini Browser

mf1973

Earning My Ears
Opera browser now available in the apple app store, free. The dis loads lightning fast with it....

So far, from what i can tell, just speed. Good browser to have in case you are in a 2G/edge only area....

From info I've read it is definitely not the browser to use with on-line banking ;) But seems to offer speed advantage :)

I guess the way it provides the speed is buy accessing the site on Opera's server then pushing that to the phone. The downside of this is that if a site has a mobile version it will not always load the mobile version. It depends on the site. I downloaded it a bit ago but haven't played with it too much. I did try bestbuy.com and it didn't render it too well. When I tried bestbuy on Safari it loaded their mobile site.

Another down side is the zoom. It only has 1 level of zoom.

I do like the "speed dial" icons on the home page. It makes it quick to access sites you visit regularly. That's a feature of Google Chrome I use all the time on my desktop.

From info I've read it is definitely not the browser to use with on-line banking ;) But seems to offer speed advantage :)

This is very important.

The Opera servers will act as a man in the middle for any transaction including TLS/SSL. The only advantage is speed which for an information consumption standpoint is an advantage. If you are also sending confidential information it it not secure and shouldn't be used.

Another down side is the zoom. It only has 1 level of zoom.

I do like the "speed dial" icons on the home page. It makes it quick to access sites you visit regularly.

I also dislike the lacking zoom and like the "speed dial" icons. Overall, I think I'll keep using Safari, though. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter