• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For HHI Experts: Question about Certain Rooms

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
We just got back from HHI last week. We have been there many times, but this was the first time I noticed some rooms that I had not noticed before. They are 1111 and 1112 (I think), and they are located through the double doors past checkin. I was thinking these are probably HCA rooms, but I thought those were 2 BR lockoffs. I noticed only one door though. I'm just very curious about them because they were so different from other rooms there, mainly they had interior corridors. Can anyone tell me about these rooms?

We've stayed in those rooms. They are lock offs and there are 2 doors. When you go through the double doors the door for the studio is against the wall to your extreme left and the 1DR is to your left. We got that studio again in May and I asked to change. We were there for a week and there isn't as much cabinet space in the kitchen area.

We've stayed in those rooms. They are lock offs and there are 2 doors. When you go through the double doors the door for the studio is against the wall to your extreme left and the 1DR is to your left. We got that studio again in May and I asked to change. We were there for a week and there isn't as much cabinet space in the kitchen area.
Guess I didn't see the other door. If they are lock-offs then, are they the HCA rooms? If feel like they must be, since they are on the first floor closest to the elevators and they have interior corridors.

So how does this work? Let's say 16 people book studios at HHI. They are all gone. Then a family books a 2 BR but needs an HCA room. What happens?

I know the studio is HCA- I'm assuming the 1BR part is as well. We've gotten the studio room a couple of times. There is at least one other HCA lock off on the first floor in the building connected to the lodge. We've been upgraded to that 1BR before when checking in late.

So I guess you have a 1/8 chance of getting one of the HCA studios then. I've never thought about that. I like studios and usually book them for the two of us but not sure I would want one of these rooms. Something to think about.

For a weekend I don't mind. For a week I'd prefer another room. The kitchen area doesn't have cabinets above. The microwave sites on the counter so you don't have as much counter space. The shower is level to the floor so water gets all over the floor. They do give you extra towels for this but for more than a night or 2 I don't want to deal with it. The bed also seems a little lower too.

For a weekend I don't mind. For a week I'd prefer another room. The kitchen area doesn't have cabinets above. The microwave sites on the counter so you don't have as much counter space. The shower is level to the floor so water gets all over the floor. They do give you extra towels for this but for more than a night or 2 I don't want to deal with it. The bed also seems a little lower too.
Yeah, my DH and I are talking about adding on enough points to take a 12-night trip every year when we retire (only 5 more years for me!!!). But I would not want to be in one of those rooms for 12 nights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter