For First Time Cruisers - Regarding Dining

I've never had a problem with the food on my DCL cruises.

Lot's of choices and if you need something tweaked they will do it.

As an FYI, they have the BEST french fries by the Mickey family pool :santa:

Thought DCL food was good. It's been a few years, but I recall the food was not bland [and boring] like on other lines. Cruise food [esp deserts and pastries] can all taste the same.:mad:

232323232%7Ffp43349%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3235649799324nu0mrj

I know who took that picture...:love:

Wow...way more seafood than I anticipated. DH and I aren't seafood eaters. Were you always given an option?

Also, that prime rib looks too bloody for my taste. Do they ask you how you'd like your beef cooked???

It is Disney! Just ask in a nice way and see how they bend over backwards to make you happy.

Guess we'll have to pay more attention and take photos. Food was good, but all I can remember is the blast we had each night talking to and laughing with our Disser dining companions. Can't wait to see what this next adventure has in store.:thumbsup2

I still want to bathe in that cheese sauce! It was heaven on a plate.

I also had some really good wraps and sandwiches by the Mickey pool. My faves were the Greek wrap and a roast beef sandwich.

I thought the food was good for mass market service - it is what it is. I've had better food on other cruiselines but that might have been because it was a longer cruise. Some low/high-lights for me...

Did not enjoy the food at Parrot Cay on either night and would have loved the extra rotation to be in either Tritons or AP. Most desserts looked much better than they tasted.

:love: Palo brunch (thx Pete! :thumbsup2) The counter service wraps were excellent and the offerings changed daily.

There are so many food options that really one won't go wanting. My guilty pleasure is I'm a hotdog junkie :rotfl2:

cheers,
:flower3:

So I was wondering... Was the food on the Med cruise icky because they are using different distributors? Is it possible that both sides of this discussion are correct? That the food Disney has access to in the US is good and the food available in Europe not so good? :confused3

At least that's what was going thru my mind while listening to the podcast...
YMMV.

--H

Guess we'll have to pay more attention and take photos. Food was good, but all I can remember is the blast we had each night talking to and laughing with our Disser dining companions. Can't wait to see what this next adventure has in store.:thumbsup2

great minds think alike! I was looking at Jaime's pictures and thinking "Were we there???" It all looks delicious and we must have had at least a couple of them. Remind me to bring my camera!

I just finished listening to the podcast, and I wanted to add my two cents about my dining experience while on the Wonder. Pete is completely entitled to his opinion, and I'm not saying he is wrong. It's his opinion. I just want to say that we thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience on our first cruise, which was PCC 1.0. I'm sure that Liz can agree that our assistant server left a little bit to be desired, but the food and service was otherwise great. The cruise gave us the opportunity to try many new foods. We honestly enjoyed the whole dining experience.

While a big part of the dining is the food, there is so much more. The atmosphere, the service, the company was all great and would rank up there with some of the best times on the cruise. Palo was wonderful, and we enjoyed dining in all of the restaurants.

I just wanted to post this, because I don't want any first time cruisers to be rushing out to the nearest grocery store to stock their suitcases full of food so they don't starve. (Of course, if you would like to visit our grocery store, then that is a GREAT idea :) ) If I remember correctly, the food on the DCL was bragged about prior to our last cruise. I don't remember by whom, but we went on the cruise expecting great food, and we weren't disappointed.

I'm just loading up so I'm not subsisting on Pop Tarts.

So I was wondering... Was the food on the Med cruise icky because they are using different distributors? Is it possible that both sides of this discussion are correct? That the food Disney has access to in the US is good and the food available in Europe not so good? :confused3

At least that's what was going thru my mind while listening to the podcast...
YMMV.

--H

I think that besides everyone having their own opinions....we have a case of having vastly different experiences.

I think this might be the best explanation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter