For Disers who have had beloved pets cremated

Right now they are all in the basement. I told dh to put them in my casket with me. (by my feet...no one else needs to know they are there.

Ted's ashes are in the little box which I put into a Longaberger basket which is in the living room on a table which overlooks what was one of his favorite spots to lay.

I have left instructions that when I die, his little box of ashes should be put into my casket with me.

I'm sorry for your loss. :hug:

Sunshine's (1995), Italy's (2003), Miranda's (2004) and Kayla's (2009) ashes all came back in nice urns, Kayla's especially. Those urns are on a shelf in my closet. They sit side beside and the only thing near them is a nice clear storage bag (zippered, made of heavy cloth) that holds Kayla's collar, her favorite blanket and stuffed toy, a plaque a friend made and her pawprint. I didn't think to save anything from my other girls. :(

I still have a hard time with losing them, Kayla most of all. I've always felt like I could have done more.

We own our home but plan to move south someday and I can't bear the thought of leaving my girls behind. I want them buried with me.

You'll know what's right for you when the time is right. :hug:

Ours too came in a nice box. We have it on a shelf with a framed picture of him. I could never get rid of them.

Us too. Tiggs (kitty) has been gone 11 mos, and I look at his pic every night in our living room. I couldn't even take his pic down when I re-decorated for the holidays. He is still there. We still miss him so:love:

My DH made a memorial garden in our yard where we spread the ashes of three of our dogs. Over each spot we have angel-children-holding-animal statues. Prior to that we had their ashes in the house and I was worried they'd somehow get lost or something. I also didn't want to bury the cans for the same reason. Spreading them was a good solution - now I know they're there forever. I felt awful this year when new neighbors moved in and uncovered remains of two of our old neighbor's dogs when they were putting in a new pool. My old neighbors loved those dogs so much. :guilty:

My kitty Alex is in a small pine box on my mantel...along with the paw print that was done at that time. One of these days I am going to stain or varnish the box, but I haven't yet. It just feels right to me to have him so close :goodvibes.

We adopted our cats 2 weeks after we married - they passed away within 2 yrs of eachother a few years back (had both of them for over 10yrs). We cremated both of them and still have their ashes tucked away - debating on what to do with them. There's no rush. We always called them our "boys" because we had them before we had children.

We had 2 older dogs - one we adopted at age 12 from a shelter (his elderly owner had died) and the other my Dh found wandering the streets (blind and deaf - someone just let her go), she was about 10. Both were with us a very short time before they passed. We decided to have them cremated and the man who did it offered a service of spreading their ashes at sea when he would go out on his boat. We opted for that for both of them. We just felt that was the place for them to be...

we have 2 cats and a dog cremated and they are in little black ceramic urns on the entertainment center next to a picture of themselves. people think its weird but i think its nice :)

My Tyson and Tabasko are in little boxes on top of the CD cabinet with a WillowTree Angel next to them. Behind them are frames that the vet made which has a poem, a place for their picture, a piece of their fur and a paw print.:littleangel:

I know that they come back in an urn, but if it's not very nice, I may buy something special. /QUOTE]

Are you sure?

When my cat was cremated, the cremains came back in what looked like a tupperware box.

My advice to people who plan to keep the ashes is - ask your vet for the phone number of the people who will do the cremating. In our area, if you get in touch with them, they can direct you to a website where you can look at urns. You can then tell them what urn you want, and what you want engraved on a plaque for it. You will then get the cremains in the urn.

I found this out after the fact. I ordered the urn after I got the tupperware box. They expected me to transfer the cremains to it. It was extremely upsetting -- and I couldn't get the urn open. I ended up taking the urn and the tupperware box back to the vet, and had the cremains transferred there.

we put our doggy's ashes on the mantle for a little while. After awhile I stowed them away in a lidded basket that is in the living room.

Well, I got the ashes back the other day, and they did come in a beautiful urn. It is navy blue with golden birds flying on it. Now that I have it, I can't imagine not keeping it near me. It is up on the mantle now, and I am going to ask to be buried with it. Thanks for the great ideas and support, everyone.

The only pet that I had asked for the ashes back had been primarily Judy's cat for about 12 years. I took a small trowel and buried Sheeba's ashes in Judy's grave a few inches down and then covered them up.

We have Harry's ashes in the Living Room. The room he was never allowed in when he was alive. :sad1:

We had planned on burying them- but it just didn't seem right to me. You'll know what you want to do when you get them.

We did the same thing when our golden retriever died. He was never allowed in the living room either. We did bury his ashes in the backyard but it took me about 5 years to do it. We decided to bury them under his favorite tree. I buried my next dog to pass, and then had the other two cremated. I have their ashes in nice, small pottery containers. I now wish I didn't bury the second one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter