For Dec. cruisers

minniesfriend

Mouseketeer
We have a Western Dec.3, 2006 cruise booked. How was the water temp.? My kids love to swim. I'm worried that we'll get down there and the water will be too cool for them to enjoy. Should we reconsider our travel date?

We went in the water in Dec...but it was COLD!!! But the beach was so hot that you had to get in the water or fry!

We have been twice in December. One time the weather was pretty cold. When we got to CC, it was actually warmer in the water than on the beach. People were all bundled up. It was not the best.
This passed December, the weather was beautiful! The water was a bit cold at CC, but it wasn't too bad in Grand Cayman. It's not unbearable really. The beach and water were full. Lots of fun. Just cross your fingers that the weather is nice.
Have fun! The decorations on the ship are beautiful!
My advice, don't order your Christmas (holiday, whatever) cards until the night before you leave. Look over your pictures, including the ones you get on CC. Then get them made when you get back on the ship. Even though everyone looks awfully sharp on formal night, we found that the casual one with Goofy in front of the ship was the best.
Kitty

We were on the 12/17 Western and went in the water at Stingray City in Grand Cayman. It's cold at first and then you get use to it. We also snorkled for about an hour at Castaway Cay and then did the Stingray Adventure there also. The slower you go in the harder it is. Once you are in you do not notice it at all. We live at the beach and I prefer the cooler water temps. In the summer its just too hot for me on the beach.

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter