For Breakfast- Chef Mickey or Ohana

There is a difference in the food, but really minimal in my opinion.

I would recommend Chef Mickey's because I have found it to be much more consistent. It is a buffet with a wide variety of foods. It has always been a great time.

At times, Ohana's is slow and I have had to ask for characters to come back to get pics with because they have missed our table. Sometimes we have had to wait for very long times in between when our server would come by our table. I have even seen walk ups get seated before those with reservations, who have been waiting.

'Ohana, hands down! It's nice to have the food brought to you, family style. The characters are also SO much fun at 'Ohana!
Definitely a difference in food. CM is a buffet with a very large variety of breakfast foods, 'Ohana is just potatoes, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, fruit and I believe we had a basket of breads (but i'm totally unsure honestly).
We had no issues with it taking a long time either. We were in and out in about an hour, and did see all the characters.

Please please please do Chef Mickeys.

We just got back last week from a week long at the Poly. We did a bunch of char meals. We did Chef Mickeys breakfast and Ohana.

We had the worst experience of our entire trip at Ohana. Took ANY character over 1 hr after we had eaten to get to our table. It was soooo unorganized and we had to complain to mgmt to get them to even come over.

Chef Mickeys was run so much better, and had much better food IMO. Ohanas you dont get a choice, CM you can choose what you want and it was all very good. Plus you cant beat meeting the classic Disney characters at CM. Nothing beats it IMO, for the full WDW feel.

Tough call...I prefer the character interaction at 'Ohana, but I like the food much better at Chef Mickey's. I'd probably go with Chef Mickey's just b/c when I had to think of which meals we'd repeat on our upcoming trip...Chef Mickey's beat out 'Ohana.

Characters were great at Chef Mickeys, but it was literally the worst restaurant meal I have ever had. Almost every food choice either wasn't fresh, was greasy, or was empty. I am very easy to please, FWIW. DH and DD ended up eating cereal.

Ohana was much better. Stitch is hilarious and the food was fresh and good. We're going back for a repeat performance on our next trip.

I say if you are in a rush to get your food I say go to Cheif Mickey's. If you are layed back go to Ohana .. If you love stich and want to get your picture with hime go for it at Ohana's

The youtube videos Ive seen of the Ohana breakfast make it seem like a lot of fun and very interactive for the kiddos. We've booked it for the morning of my daughter's birthday and she LOVES Stitchy and Mickey, so she can hardly wait!!! :yay:

I would go with Ohana. I am not a Chef Mickey fan. I find the food to not be that good. There is definitely less choice at Ohana, but I find the quality to be better. The other big difference is the characters so that may play a role in your decision as well.

'Ohana would be our recommendation. We ate breakfast at both Chef Mickeys and 'Ohana a few weeks ago, with kids aged 8 and 5. When we returned home we talked about our next trip to WDW, and the kids said they definitely want to return to 'Ohana, but are indifferent to Chef Mickeys.

I was happy to hear it as I far prefer 'Ohana!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter