? for anyone who took Bella Italia trip to Capri

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
Over on the DCL board, they are saying that the boat trip to Capri is horrid: really, really rough and bad seasickness (they are also saying the boats are of poor quality & unsanitary, but I have a hard time believing ABD would stand for that). Is it really that bad? Or is it just a situation where I need to be sure I have the patch on, and I'll be OK? Can anyone give me their experience/opinion on the trip to Capri? We're doing this same activity on the ABD/DCL Med cruise.

Thanks!
Sayhello

I don't know which vendor that person used, but our excursion to Capri was just fine. The sea was fairly calm for us and the boat's facilities were clean. I know there are several companies that service Capri, so AbD must have selected the best one. We went with Dotti's group, so she can vouch for my opinion on this matter... :)

I don't know which vendor that person used, but our excursion to Capri was just fine. The sea was fairly calm for us and the boat's facilities were clean. I know there are several companies that service Capri, so AbD must have selected the best one. We went with Dotti's group, so she can vouch for my opinion on this matter... :)
Thanks, DisFan09! That's what I figured, but it's nice to have someone confirm it! You know how it gets when someone who seems to know what he's talking about says something like that... I had a hard time believing ABD would go for something sub-standard.

Sayhello

Thanks, DisFan09! That's what I figured, but it's nice to have someone confirm it! You know how it gets when someone who seems to know what he's talking about says something like that... I had a hard time believing ABD would go for something sub-standard.

Sayhello

You're welcome! Just bring a patch with you in case the sea gets a little rough... :)

Too bad Disney couldn't control the seas. I'm sure they use a company that has excellent boats. We've been on cruises and excursions where the water was calm as can be and then other times when you were really glad you didn't just eat a large meal (if you know what I mean:)). I'm sure if you take your patch, you'll be fine. It's always best to be safe than sorry. Funny story...My wife got sea sick on a snorkeling trip we took in Maui. When the boat stopped, she asked the Captain what to do and he told her to jump in the water. We thought at first, he said that so she wouldn't throw up on his boat :lmao:, but it really helped her. She was fine the rest of the trip.

Too bad Disney couldn't control the seas. I'm sure they use a company that has excellent boats. We've been on cruises and excursions where the water was calm as can be and then other times when you were really glad you didn't just eat a large meal (if you know what I mean:)). I'm sure if you take your patch, you'll be fine. It's always best to be safe than sorry. Funny story...My wife got sea sick on a snorkeling trip we took in Maui. When the boat stopped, she asked the Captain what to do and he told her to jump in the water. We thought at first, he said that so she wouldn't throw up on his boat :lmao:, but it really helped her. She was fine the rest of the trip.
:rotfl:Actually, I've had a similar experience, where I totally forgot that I get seasick on small boats :confused3 (it was my first cruise, and I was so amazed that I had NO issues with the cruiseship). So I was unprepared for the snorkeling trip in St. Thomas. But I also found that as soon as I was off the ship, and in the water, I was fine. Thank goodness!

But I used the patch on the cruise of the Kenai Fjords in September, and I had *NO* problems. I'll just make sure I have the patch for Gozo & Capri. Thanks!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter