• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For anyone at WDW yesterday...

soupercb

Earning My Ears
Just wondering how the crowds were yesterday, President's day...anyone there who can report?

I wasn't there much yesterday, but we were there early in the morning and it was very crowded so i can imagine it got worse as the day went on.

We were at DHS first thing yesterday morning and it was very crowded. All FP for TSM were gone by 11am.

In the afternoon we were in Epcot and it was also very busy with a large crowd. We did not even attempt to ride any of the big rides at Epcot due to the crowd so cannot tell you how long the waits were on Presidents Day.

I can tell you that even the smaller rides like Rio Tempo were being mousemaized in long lines in front of San Angel Inn. Spaceship Earth had a 45 minute wait all day long and even when we left about 7pm.

The crowds are big, but it is manageable if you hit the big attractions first thing in the morning, use FP for others and in the afternoon hit some of the shows and rides that do not get huge crowds. We are having a wonderful time here even with the crowds.....:cool1:

We were at AK at 8am and did EE twice dinosaur once and saw festival of the lion king at 10:30. As we left at 11 AM we noticed it was getting more crowded. I think early is the best time to go.:thumbsup2

What is the weather like down there right now?
low 80's last week, but it was cooling down on Sunday, but still in the 70's, much better than the 20's we came home to in Michigan yesterday. :scared1:
The Magic Kingdom waspretty packed on Saturday a huge difference over Friday.

heres my take...i am from new york so when i say its cold i really mean its cold...i had to buy a sweater for myself and my daughter...just o get through the day...i was at the magic kingdom all day...and it was horrible...this coming from someone who has never been @ WDW on a holiday. we had breakfast ressies @ CRT 9:55 and the park was crowded then...we spent the entire day at the park... the lines were long but do---able...what i really had a problem with were all of the rude obnoxious people who allowed their children to be rude and obnoxious...pushing shoving and attitudes...lets not forget the blatant line cutting over and over again....this was my first february trip and will probably will not happen again for awhile....:confused3 :confused3

heres my take...i am from new york so when i say its cold i really mean its cold...i had to buy a sweater for myself and my daughter...just o get through the day...i was at the magic kingdom all day...and it was horrible...this coming from someone who has never been @ WDW on a holiday. we had breakfast ressies @ CRT 9:55 and the park was crowded then...we spent the entire day at the park... the lines were long but do---able...what i really had a problem with were all of the rude obnoxious people who allowed their children to be rude and obnoxious...pushing shoving and attitudes...lets not forget the blatant line cutting over and over again....this was my first february trip and will probably will not happen again for awhile....:confused3 :confused3

I'm sorry it has not been pleasant for you. We took the advice we found here and started on Wednesday the 11th. Just before the Pres. week crowd arrived and got a lot done Wed and Thu. That way the crowd didn't ruin it for our first family trip. I hope it gets better for you! Warm thoughts coming your way!!:hug: :hug: :flower3: :flower3:

I just posted on another thread. I got there Friday and had park days Sat/Sun/Mon. Could definitely see the crowds growing each day. CMs said that last week was very slow.

I was there for a conference, so couldn't get to the parks until after 1230 each day. Epcot on Saturday wasn't too bad. MK on Sunday was ok, AK/DHS on Monday was difficult. I usually go in January, Sept/Oct...and am not used to crowds like that. All the major rides had waits of an hour or more. I think all we did on Monday was: EE with 45 min. wait, Conservation Station to see Jiminy Cricket, walked through Pangani Trail....went to DHS for our 4:30 ADR at Prime Time, saw Beauty and the Beast at 5:45, then they wouldn't give out FP for the EMH Little Mermaid shows, so we bailed. RnR was 100 min, and TT was over an hour. A fancy drink at the lounge at Poly sounded better. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter