For any veteran who did not know

gilesmt

DIS Veteran
Shades of green just posted the salute to veterans as part of there web site. They use to tell you that veterans of any honorable discharge could go in sept and jan, but they took it down a long time ago, it is back up, and honorable discharged vet can use this hotel during sept and jan, I think you pay the higher rate, but that is still cheaper than a deluxe thru Disney. And this is another option for those who have 5 people because the rooms hold five and are huge. I hope this helps someone.

Are veterans able to get the ticket deal during those months too, or just stay at the resort? DH is a veteran and I looked at staying here in the past but thought it was only active duty and retired military

Are veterans able to get the ticket deal during those months too, or just stay at the resort? DH is a veteran and I looked at staying here in the past but thought it was only active duty and retired military

You can get the Stars and Stripes tickets and the original mywph&wp tickets at shades of green with this offer, which allows you to save a few bucks and allows you to pay no tax. Even thru we can buy the 4 day tickets it is cheaper for us to buy the mywph&wp tickets since we stay longer and to of the other tickets are more than the myw tickets.

Shades of green just posted the salute to veterans as part of there web site. They use to tell you that veterans of any honorable discharge could go in sept and jan, but they took it down a long time ago, it is back up, and honorable discharged vet can use this hotel during sept and jan, I think you pay the higher rate, but that is still cheaper than a deluxe thru Disney. And this is another option for those who have 5 people because the rooms hold five and are huge. I hope this helps someone.

Thanks for posting this. I just checked the prices in September and the Honorable Discharge rate is $131 per night, versus $393 (standard view) at the YC. The SOG rate is also $131 in January but YC prices aren't online yet, so I can't compare those dates.

Since we may be going to WDW in January, I am going to seriously consider staying at SOG. One of my DW's coworkers is married to a military retiree and they stay there quite often and love it! I also noticed that the dining prices are considerably less than many TS restaurants.

Does anyone know if they would allow a crossover stay like end of Sept through first few days of Oct? Or would we have to check out by Sept 30th? We were actually considering YC too but these rates are much cheaper. However we are looking at 2014 so who knows what will change by then…

Does anyone know if they would allow a crossover stay like end of Sept through first few days of Oct? Or would we have to check out by Sept 30th? We were actually considering YC too but these rates are much cheaper. However we are looking at 2014 so who knows what will change by then…

We almost did this but changed our mind and went for may, but what they told me to do aug/sept, was to book the end of August, for those dates and then book the Begining of sept for those dates. The part I did not understand is if they would charge my hotel card twice, they first said no, but then said yes, but since I did not go that way I am not sure. For me it would not have mattered at all because I like to have our vacation all paid for when we return home so we always have the the same amount to pay up front that they ask.

Now I can not say forever, but this is not a new offer, it has been going on for years and years, way back in the late 1990's we use to. Use the sept/jan discount because he was not 100 % yet. So I am going to assume that they will still have this offer. The problem is that they do not always advertise it. Actually it has been years since I saw it advertised on there web site, so whenever I mention it people are surprised that they have it, so when I saw it back up on there web site I wanted to spread the word.

I thought this had been in effect for years. We were thinking of going next Jan, guess I'd better check when I make reservations!

Does anyone know if vets under this category can use other specials (such as rooms discounted as they did this Jan) if they run them in Jan or Sept?

Thanks for posting this. I just checked the prices in September and the Honorable Discharge rate is $131 per night, versus $393 (standard view) at the YC. The SOG rate is also $131 in January but YC prices aren't online yet, so I can't compare those dates.

Since we may be going to WDW in January, I am going to seriously consider staying at SOG. One of my DW's coworkers is married to a military retiree and they stay there quite often and love it! I also noticed that the dining prices are considerably less than many TS restaurants.

To me this is the best hotel to stay at, but that's me. You are 1/4 mile from the monorail at poly. You have the biggiest rooms on site. It is quiet and peaceful, but no not as Mickey as the others. I don't mind the food, they do have some deals with room and food together, we never went that way. I will say many say the food is not good, I personally do not find it bad, actually I like the occk to order breakfast, and the several times we tried the buffet for dinner we found it just as good as the buffets in Disney and 2/3 the cost.

The walk to poly is very short, but they have the shady that goes down to the end of the road and that cuts more time off. You can walk to ttc also. And we never had a problem with the buses.

The only draw back that is not to bad, is the transportation to the hotel. You can not get ME so you have to pay for town car. But it is still far cheaper than any Disney hotel. And the price you find is all inclusive, no tax, not fee resort, nothing added. And you can buy discounted Disney tickets when you stay SoG, this saves us another $40 per person. Also, for us this is no big deal since once there we do not drive anyway, there is not free parking at the parks for SoG, and no free parking at SoG, SoG is $5 and park parking is $14, so if you have to add those on they may not be as cheap, but we never do so for us this is the very best hotel. In may we are saving $3500 on our vacation over the price of POR. When you add everything together.

To me this is the best hotel to stay at, but that's me. You are 1/4 mile from the monorail at poly. You have the biggiest rooms on site. It is quiet and peaceful, but no not as Mickey as the others. I don't mind the food, they do have some deals with room and food together, we never went that way. I will say many say the food is not good, I personally do not find it bad, actually I like the occk to order breakfast, and the several times we tried the buffet for dinner we found it just as good as the buffets in Disney and 2/3 the cost.

The walk to poly is very short, but they have the shady that goes down to the end of the road and that cuts more time off. You can walk to ttc also. And we never had a problem with the buses.

The only draw back that is not to bad, is the transportation to the hotel. You can not get ME so you have to pay for town car. But it is still far cheaper than any Disney hotel. And the price you find is all inclusive, no tax, not fee resort, nothing added. And you can buy discounted Disney tickets when you stay SoG, this saves us another $40 per person. Also, for us this is no big deal since once there we do not drive anyway, there is not free parking at the parks for SoG, and no free parking at SoG, SoG is $5 and park parking is $14, so if you have to add those on they may not be as cheap, but we never do so for us this is the very best hotel. In may we are saving $3500 on our vacation over the price of POR. When you add everything together.

If we stay there in January we will have a car, because we'll need to fly in and drive DS back to college in Melbourne. If we drive to a park, the parking fee isn't an issue, because we are annual passholders and parking is free for us. As far as food goes, my DW's coworker said the food is pretty good and they eat there several times, every time they go. We probably wouldn't eat every meal there because we like some of the WDW TS restaurants and have a Tables in Wonderland card, so that saves us 20%.

Even with any extra added costs, it still beats the price at the YC by $260 a night, plus at the YC you pay quite a bit in taxes, so that $260 probably ends up being more like $300 in savings per night.

I have seen the offer in years past, but we couldn't make it work for us in September or January because DS needed to be in school. Now that he will be in college next year, we can take advantage of the offer.

Thanks again for posting this. I'd forgotten all about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter