For all you Disney wine drinkers out there...A question!

DisneyTiger

Life is what happens between trips to Disney World
My DH and I will be staying at BCV this coming September and couldn't be more excited. I would love to be able to end each evening, after the kids are sound asleep, with my DH on the balcony and a nice glass of wine. Does anyone know where I can get a bottle or bottles of wine (we will be there 8 nights:)). I thought about using gardengrocer.com but it doesn't look like they sell alcohol. I also thought about sending some from home along with diapers, bottled water, snacks...Diapers and wine - what a combo eh? Just curious if there would be an easier way. I'm sure we could order some from room service but I'm just assuming that this would cost a small fortune. Input please:):drinking1

I asked a similar question a few months ago.

Garden Grocer and WeGoShop will both deliver alcohol. For Garden Grocer, you put it in the comment section. I think you need a minimum order of $40 excluding the alcohol.

Another option is the resort shop. The resort shops carry a limited selection of wine. I believe the shops at the resorts with DVC accomodations tend to carry a bigger selection than the non-DVC resorts.

You can also buy bottles in Epcot. I've heard both France and Italy have nice selections.

If you plan to buy a bottle, be sure to pack a corkscrew. I've been told you can ask for wine glasses in your resort's lounge. Or buy a single glass of wine there and carry it up to your room. You are allowed to do that as well.

This is what we look forward to as well. DH surprised me with a bottle of wine and two Mickey wine glasses on our last trip. We spent the evening on our balcony enjoying our wine while DS slept.

He purchased both the wine and the glasses at the shop at the resort.

I wouldn't do a grocery delivery just for wine - but if you are already ordering for other things then certainly do it. I remember www.wegoshop.com did it for us on one of our past trips.

If you are not - there is a store on the boardwalk (within walking distance of BCV) that has beer and wine for purchase.

You can buy the cheap cork screws at the resort stores as well. I did find out that At France in Epcot, you can not purchase a bottle of wine AND a corkscrew at the same time. The don't want you opening your own and drinking it in the park. The only way I could do it was to have them shipped to the gate and picked up when I left. I guess at that point if I opened up the bottle and got sloshed on the way back to the BCV, them I was the Y&B club's problem and not Epcot's.:confused3 :drinking1 :drinking: :banana:

I would buy at WS! Germany has great wine selection so you could grab a bottle there one night and drink it on the balcony. Several of the countries have them and maybe you'll find a new favorite!

P/S Germany has wine tastings for just a few dollars - yum!

Garden Grocer does deliver wine/beer. You just put it in the comments section. I'm not sure what type of wine you are looking for...but it would probably have to be something that is commonly available.

Germany in Epcot has a wine shop, France and Italy do too. The store at Boardwalk has a few different bottles.

If you are going during the Food & Wine expo you'll be able to locate bottles all over Epcot. New Zealand has a very nice Pinot Noir.

We love to do this!

Since we take a car, we just go to Winn Dixie. Other posters have given you some good suggestions as well.

We currently have a bottle of wine in our Owner's Locker waiting for us to come visit in October.

My DH and I will be staying at BCV this coming September and couldn't be more excited. I would love to be able to end each evening, after the kids are sound asleep, with my DH on the balcony and a nice glass of wine. Does anyone know where I can get a bottle or bottles of wine (we will be there 8 nights:)). I thought about using gardengrocer.com but it doesn't look like they sell alcohol. I also thought about sending some from home along with diapers, bottled water, snacks...Diapers and wine - what a combo eh? Just curious if there would be an easier way. I'm sure we could order some from room service but I'm just assuming that this would cost a small fortune. Input please:):drinking1

I hate to be the wet blanket but I belive it is illegal to transport or mail alcohol across state lines. That said if I were you I would make a stop at the grocery store since they carry alcohol. (probably not much of selection though). But I belive my coworker said that the garden grocer carries alcohol.

Try Epcot.....I know France and Italy had wines. Pick up some chocolates in Germany and bring a few candles from home and you have the makings of a little romance with your hubby. :hug: Good Luck! :)

I absolutly love the wine selection in Germany and am a little bummed that I will not be able to do this in Sept. due to a little bun in the oven.:lovestruc OH WELL. As I was saying this would be a perfect opportunity to try a different wine from each country each night.

You could always go to one of the local supermarkets or garages.
We always found an excellent wine selection from these.

That is how we like to end our Disney days, too! You could also go to disneyflorist.com and order a wine basket to be delivered to your room, but I think it is cheaper to go to World Showcase and you get a much better selection. France and Italy have nice wine selections and Japan has some good plum wine and sake selections. Enjoy!

Ok, I am bursting with ideas now! Thanks for all the tips. I think trying a wine from a different country each night sounds great! I also love the idea of ordering a wine basket. I checked out the website PP recommended but it is a bit pricey. Does anyone know anywhere else I could order a wine a cheese type of thing to suprise my DH on our first night there??

We always go to AKl to buy our wine. We go downstairs to the Mara and buy zebra domes and the up to the gift shop to buy the wine to take to our room. As you can see we are leaving in a few hour. I will post the name as soon as I get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter