For all of our UK friends...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all affected by this horrible tragedy...

I know there are a few UK brides who post here regularly...anyone hear from them yet?

such a terrible tragedy...my heart goes out to all affected...stay strong, we've got your back! :goodvibes

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help! :grouphug:

thank you for your sympathy from lora in the UK, luckily for me i live away from london but have family who live there, but thankfully they are all ok.

Thanks again for your concern :guilty:

does anyone know if Fantasia Sam is anywhere near London? (my geography is terrible!)

Im so lucky today could have been the worse day of my life!! My other 1/2 called me to tell me not to worry & that he was safe, for a change he had got the earlier train. He works in the centre of london & takes the train into work every morning. My heart goes out to everyone who has a loved one living, working or uses the stations in london. I was only spared from the frantic panic & worry of trying to locate a loved one, as I didnt know anything about the recent attacks on london this morning, as i had the disney channel on for our son.

The latest update we have is that so far 10 ppl were killed and 185 injured.
Thank you all for your support!!

I'm really hoping that all of our DIS friends living, or that have friends/family living in the London area are all okay! This is such an awful tragedy, my heart goes out to all those affected. :sad2:

Hey everyone - thank you all for the support you have given.

I live on the edge of London and if Paul was not right now at the Microsoft Convention in Minneapolis then his office would have been close but luckily I do not think he would have been "involved".

It's been an upsetting day and I found myself feeling weirdly shaken yet not directly affected although we still have a friend that is still accounted for and could well have been on one of those tube-trains but as I've said to others today I am sure it's just a bad judgement call on her part and she hasn't realised that she needs to let us know that she is OK.

Of course the recourse is "OMG London’s public transport is not secure "but come on how can you make something that carries over 8 million people a day on buses and tubes that secure? It's been an utterly surreal day - I am so thankful to our city for it's proactive work in sadly having to prepare for a devastation like this.

It's funny you know, I would never say we were as Patriotic a country as say the United States - heck England doesn't even have a parade on it's national St Georges Day nor a public holiday yet London holds a parade for St Patrick's day every year - it doesn't make sense. That said yesterday we were united and proud to be British after our Olympic win and today we're just as united and proud.

Thanks again for the support I KNOW that most of you can really relate to our feelings and for that I am also sad :(

I am glad that you and Paul are ok! It is good that you checked in with us so that we know how you are. Hang in there and know that we are with you!

Thank you for checking in Sam!! You were my first thought when I heard about the tragedy...immediately followed by the mass of UK DISers also on these boards. Hope you hear from your friend soon!

Yesterday was a wierd one - i don't usually go to London that often but after a trip down to the City last week yesterday I found myself in Chiswick - just on the outskirts. I was in a training session and we didn't really know what was happening until my boyfriend texted me telling me to call him urgently - he just wanted to check I was ok. I can't imagine what it must have been like for those in the centre - all I wanted to do was find a way of getting home - as my original plans had been to travel out from central London.

Sam is right though - we are all united this and will not let it beat us - today London is almost back on its feet and trains and buses are running again.

It's hard to think that people can achieve something through such a callous act, I'm just thankful that all my loved ones are safe - and my heart goes out to those who aren't as lucky.

RJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter