• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For about the same price.....

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
We can do a standard view room at the GCH, a premium view room at the DLH, or a theme park view room with club level at the PPH. We have stayed at all three. Just wondering what you would choose and why?

:thanks:

Last edited:
DLH cause it's my favorite......Grand is beautiful but I thought the rooms were small and I haven't stayed at PPH. Those are three great choices though and any would be great!

I love club services but depending on when you are going PPHs closes really early so we wouldn't get much use out of it IMP.

Standard view at GCH. I always book the cheapest room available because I feel I'm already paying enough just to stay there! I don't think I've ever ended up with a standard view though. I'm always happy with the view. I worry that if I paid more for the view, I might be disappointed.
I just edited this to say I see you have 3 kids! Club level at PPH would be handy in that case.

I have only stayed at PPH so I'd probably choose one of the others for the chance to do so. But I have heard good things about PPH club level lounge and the food they offer. It can work as a light breakfast and afternoon snacks as well as a way to stock up on drinks to take into the parks and a dessert and cocktail to enjoy while watching WOC from your room-the biggest plus there is that the better WOC is coming back so that's the one to really sit back and savor. Enjoy whatever you choose-I sure would!

I'd pick PPH first, DLH second and GCH third especially with three kids. The rooms at GCH are smaller than the other two and when you add in the fantastic view and club level at PPH, there is really no contest in my mind!

DLH. Grand rooms aren't big enough for my tastes. PPH - I like the rooms, club is nice if you are there, elevators suck. I honestly don't stay there due to the elevator issue.

If your going during a slower time of year, it appears most everyone gets upgraded from the room they booked. I wonder if anyone who books premium level rooms at DLH ever gets upgraded to club level? That might be a good question to ask? I have status with Hyatt and I get a club room every time I book a standard at any of their regency hotels.

Depends on how many were in my group. 4 or less, would be the grand. 5 of us, I would struggle between PPH club, or DLH. I would go back and fourth a million times!!!

I would go back and forth between GCH and DLH. I absolutely LOVE DLH, but the location of the GCH is so handy.

I would not choose PPH.

I would choose the Grand only because it is so close. It's really nice to be able to quickly change clothes if we get soaked on Grizzly Rapids.

You guys are great! Thank you for the feedback.

DLH cause it's my favorite......Grand is beautiful but I thought the rooms were small and I haven't stayed at PPH. Those are three great choices though and any would be great!

I love club services but depending on when you are going PPHs closes really early so we wouldn't get much use out of it IMP.

We will be there late November, right after Thanksgiving. Wonder why the PPH club closes so early compared to the other two?

Standard view at GCH. I always book the cheapest room available because I feel I'm already paying enough just to stay there! I don't think I've ever ended up with a standard view though. I'm always happy with the view. I worry that if I paid more for the view, I might be disappointed.
I just edited this to say I see you have 3 kids! Club level at PPH would be handy in that case.

We will be staying at the GCV in a one bedroom the two nights following whatever I decide for this night.

That's kind of what I was thinking. They also love their midday breaks. I see them doing some damage to a few dozen chocolate covered strawberries. Plus with *free* beer and wine for a couple of hours for DH and I......

I have only stayed at PPH so I'd probably choose one of the others for the chance to do so. But I have heard good things about PPH club level lounge and the food they offer. It can work as a light breakfast and afternoon snacks as well as a way to stock up on drinks to take into the parks and a dessert and cocktail to enjoy while watching WOC from your room-the biggest plus there is that the better WOC is coming back so that's the one to really sit back and savor. Enjoy whatever you choose-I sure would!

Thank you. :) I found some great photos of the offerings. We hit the parks hard in the morning and truly enjoy our resort time after and late at night. Love the idea of stocking up too. With 3 teenagers they drink and nibble all day! :scared:

What I don't see is any sort of bar/lounge at the PPH.

I'd pick PPH first, DLH second and GCH third especially with three kids. The rooms at GCH are smaller than the other two and when you add in the fantastic view and club level at PPH, there is really no contest in my mind!

:woohoo: That's what I am thinking at this moment but I keep going back and forth. Silly I know. I haven't stayed in a regular room at the GCH is years but do recall them being small. The location is just so amazing.

DLH. Grand rooms aren't big enough for my tastes. PPH - I like the rooms, club is nice if you are there, elevators suck. I honestly don't stay there due to the elevator issue.

I keep reading about what a headache they are. At the PPH we would have a theme park view so I am guessing that means a high floor? We wouldn't have any issues walking down the stairs in the morning but theres no way I could battle 10 plus flights up after a day in the parks. :scared:

If your going during a slower time of year, it appears most everyone gets upgraded from the room they booked. I wonder if anyone who books premium level rooms at DLH ever gets upgraded to club level? That might be a good question to ask? I have status with Hyatt and I get a club room every time I book a standard at any of their regency hotels.

I think the week after Thanksgiving is considered slow and all three of my choices are still available. Good point, thank you! I wish I knew what the standard view options at the GCH really meant.....like trash bins or what? :lmao:

Depends on how many were in my group. 4 or less, would be the grand. 5 of us, I would struggle between PPH club, or DLH. I would go back and fourth a million times!!!

We are 5. Two adults and 3 teens ages 19, 17, and 15 all slim but still 5 people. Wish there was a way to get two rooms. Sharing one bathroom is the worst. And ::yes:: I keep going back and forth a million times. :blush:

I would go back and forth between GCH and DLH. I absolutely LOVE DLH, but the location of the GCH is so handy.

I would not choose PPH.

The location is too handy, I agree. Why not the PPH. We do love the DLH too.

I would choose the Grand only because it is so close. It's really nice to be able to quickly change clothes if we get soaked on Grizzly Rapids.

Excellent point! That's what we have done in the past right before out midday break/pool time. Kids loving running back up to the villa. Decisions, decisions.......but then I think about the treats and booze at the PPH for club level and then the light up headboards at the DLH. pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

.but then I think about the treats and booze at the PPH for club level
If you'll be back at the hotel during the concierge hours, it could make a world of difference. They do close that one at 8:00pm, I think. Is it normal for you to go back to the hotel during the day? In my case, if I am hungry, I wouldn't make the trek all the way back to PPH. I'd also probably not want to use the lounge until closing time or even later. We all vacation differently. If you normally spend day time hours at the hotel, it would be worth it to have some of your food covered.

There is a bar/lounge at PPH, the Surfside Lounge and I spent a lovely hour there on our last trip just chatting to the bartender and enjoying a wonderful Moscow Mule while DH and DS rested in the room!

:woohoo: Thank you! DH and I like to do the same; love having a drink at the resort bar after a long park day. Looks like they are open until midnight, on today's hours anyway. This makes me very happy.

If you'll be back at the hotel during the concierge hours, it could make a world of difference. They do close that one at 8:00pm, I think. Is it normal for you to go back to the hotel during the day? In my case, if I am hungry, I wouldn't make the trek all the way back to PPH. I'd also probably not want to use the lounge until closing time or even later. We all vacation differently. If you normally spend day time hours at the hotel, it would be worth it to have some of your food covered.

I believe the hours are 6:30 am - 8 pm. We would hit in the morning for sure and most likely for the booze from 5-7......This particular night of the trip, the one I am trying to decide on, will be Day 6 of our vacation and either Day 3 or 4 of Disney. We will have two more full days of Disney after this day. We tend to go pretty hard at first then slow down a bit. We always try to make rope drop but our midday breaks seem to get longer and longer as the trip goes on. I agree about having some food covered too.

Theme park with club at PPH. That is what we always choose when faced with the same choice (actually, we choose standard with club at PPH because I like the cabana rooms). With 3 kids, the extra space and the garunteed day bed make it an easy choice. I wouldn't even consider GCH under those circumstances. The rooms are just too small for that many people in my opinion. Club level is really quite a good perk. Not only does it actually save you money with that many kids, it saves tons of time because you are not constantly trying to find somewhere to eat.

The location is too handy, I agree. Why not the PPH. We do love the DLH too.
We stayed at the PPH for 9 days in January 2015. We had a theme park view, club level room. Now, some of my dissatisfaction with PPH revolves around the fact that I am disabled and use an ECV. After the first time I got trapped in the room because I couldn't get the ECV out the door by myself, I requested some kind of door stop to prevent a repeat. I was stuck in the bathroom with the ECV halfway out the door to the room. I had to call my husband to come rescue me. There was a doorstop in the room that night, however, they took it away the next morning.

The water temps in the shower were ridiculous. While showering the water would suddenly spike to scalding hot. We complained and they put in a new shower head. ??? It happened again the next day. We complained and were told to shower mid-day. Right. At Disneyland. Shower mid-day. hmph

The elevators... again, a bigger problem because of the ECV (and rude guests). The elevators are always full. When one would, amazingly, show up empty, people would surge around me and load it up. It's amazing how fast someone will jump into an elevator when they see someone on an ECV waiting to get in. I had one day that it took two hours to get to my room. I was fuming.

I was in tears the last day (after getting stuck in the room, yet again) in the lounge and asked to fill out a comment card. The guy handed me one and then went on chatting with the other CM. I had to interrupt and ask for some tissues. I wasn't looking for special treatment, but it was very un-Disney.

Last Sept we stayed at DLH and had a dining reservation at Surfs Up! There was a problem with my scooter, and when Joe from DLH saw that I was going to attempt to walk to PPH for breakfast, he told me to wait and got a golf cart and drove us over. It was so above and beyond, and I am eternally grateful! I would never have made it, I simply cannot walk that far, but I didn't want to let my daughter down. Anyway, Joe told me to have the Guest Services CM call the front desk at DLH and he would come pick us up. During breakfast, he came into the restaurant letting us know that we had forgotten my daughter's autograph book in my scooter (he was moving it for me while the new charger was charging it back up). He couldn't find our pen, so he had also gotten her a new sharpie. He reminded us to contact him for a ride back. After we finished breakfast, we did as he said and went to the Guest Services CM. She looked at me like I had three heads. "We don't drive people around here." Really??? I just asked you to make a phone call. The call was expected. I don't know if she actually called or not, but she told us there was no such person there. By this time I was about to collapse. I told her to try again as he had dropped us off an hour or so ago. Another CM came over to see what was going on and finally they just got their cart and drove us to the DLH. When Joe saw us, he was so upset that had happened. All this to say that the level of service between the two hotels is night and day.

The lounge is a nice perk. We got some pastries for breakfast. My husband loved the coffee. We were able to take a couple of bags of chips and a couple of sodas for the park. We had to ask for bottled water, they gave us each one bottle. I don't know that you can really "stock up" to skip eating in the park. There wasn't that much out and there were other families in there. I didn't like how early they closed. If we wanted to use the lounge as our "dining" we would have had to trek back to the hotel every couple of hours. Certain things are only out during certain, limited, hours. My husband enjoyed it because he spent a lot of time hanging out in the room. My daughter and I didn't. I would have liked to be able to get some snacks at the end of the park day, but the lounged closed before we could get back to the hotel each night. Maybe my expectations were set too high. We had never experience club level before this trip.

I know this is long, but it answers the "Why not PPH?" question... :-)

Theme park with club at PPH. That is what we always choose when faced with the same choice (actually, we choose standard with club at PPH because I like the cabana rooms). With 3 kids, the extra space and the garunteed day bed make it an easy choice. I wouldn't even consider GCH under those circumstances. The rooms are just too small for that many people in my opinion. Club level is really quite a good perk. Not only does it actually save you money with that many kids, it saves tons of time because you are not constantly trying to find somewhere to eat.

What is the cabana room? Ugh, should I change back? Whats the view? On the website it is not clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter