For a great steak - Shula's, Capital Grille, or Morton's... or something else?

I was wondering if anyone has herd of Charley`s, there is one on rt192 - looking for a good steak and someone said they have the best steaks - anyone know?? thanks :confused3

Thanks for the info. :)

I bolded the part about Ruth's Chris because we ate at the one in Sarasota the last time we were in Florida, and while it definitely wasn't bad, it certainly wasn't the best steak we'd ever had, either. I guess it's just that I really don't care for the chain's signature way to serve a steak (i.e., brought to the table on a sizzling plate fresh from the oven). I'm of the school of thought that the perfect steak needs to rest 10-15 minutes after being taken off the heat, and NOT be served piping hot. But different strokes for different folks, and you know what they say about opinions. So, you know, take mine with a sizable granule of salt. ;)

That's OK...I LOVE the butter and hot plate so for me this is the epitome of steak although certainly, as with all chains, some locations will be better than others, I've just found Ruths' to be most consistent.

I'm surprised there have been no other approvals of The Palm. This where we eat the most as the locale (at Universal) is fun (get to have a couple of drinks at citywalk first) and I do find the service outstanding. I reccomend the 16 oz strip. If you have prime rib fans in the party The Palm and Shula's servings are out of this world (both size and quality).

I'd also like to hear more about Charley's on I-92 and Old Hickory House at Gaylord Palms (both close to me in Celebration).
pirate:

I was wondering if anyone has herd of Charley`s, there is one on rt192 - looking for a good steak and someone said they have the best steaks - anyone know?? thanks :confused3

While the Charley's on 192 and I-Drive is the same franchise as the original location on 17-92 (dont get confused with 192), the quality of the steaks there in my opinion is not the same as the original. I've dined at all the locations multiple times, and the original is far and away the better option for quality of food. My impression is that the technique for grilling the steaks is different at the other locations, versus the original that I believe uses a citrus wood grill. I usually stop at the window outside the restaurant and watch the guys working the grill. At the other locations, the steak lacked the flavor that I enjoy from the original. As far as atmosphere, the location on I-Drive is a more quiet location, as the original takes on kind of a rustic old school steakhouse feel ie, crates of wine all over, and an enormous salad bar. Anyway, hope this helps. Thanks for making me hungry:lmao:

Old Hickory House at Gaylord Palms (both close to me in Celebration).
pirate:

Okay, another possibility has just been introduced! Has anyone dined at the Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Palms? If so, what are your thoughts? The menu looks pretty dang good, if I do say so myself.

Anyone with opinions on Vito's Chop House? I was there several years ago for a vendor dinner and it was very good, but then I wasn't paying for the Opus One!

What sort of prices are the steaks at Capital Grille? The mozzarella app sounds out of this world!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter