"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for waiting so long to reply to the shout out. Computer problems. As horrible as the trip was going down, the trip home was a breeze. Took us 13 hrs to get from Long Island to Fayetteville - nothing but traffic. Left DW 4:00 am Friday morning, arrived Aquia, Va around 4:30 pm. Hit traffic six miles from our exit - not bad. Left 3:30 am yesterday and pulled in the driveway at 9:30 am. Made pretty good time. Much more relaxed trip home.
Safe driving.

Sorry for waiting so long to reply to the shout out. Computer problems. As horrible as the trip was going down, the trip home was a breeze. Took us 13 hrs to get from Long Island to Fayetteville - nothing but traffic. Left DW 4:00 am Friday morning, arrived Aquia, Va around 4:30 pm. Hit traffic six miles from our exit - not bad. Left 3:30 am yesterday and pulled in the driveway at 9:30 am. Made pretty good time. Much more relaxed trip home.
Safe driving.
welcome home!!!!

glad you had a nicer trip home. :thumbsup2

now its time to start planning your next trip!!! :thumbsup2

Made it back home to the Lehigh Valley last night after another wonderful, uneventful drive.

The family was hungry as we were approaching Hershey, so we decided to get off at the first Hershey exit, and head to Troegs brew pub for a brew and some decent food. Had a BLAST, but little did we know the Jimmy Buffet concert was happening at the stadium and the area was MOBBED! Not in a bad way, but WOW, I didn't realize just how popular he still is, LOL.

Anyway, good and bad to be back home. Missing Disney, even after a 14 day trip, but nice to be home as well.

Booked a bounce back for next August again; let the count down begin! :lmao:

Made it back home to the Lehigh Valley last night after another wonderful, uneventful drive.

The family was hungry as we were approaching Hershey, so we decided to get off at the first Hershey exit, and head to Troegs brew pub for a brew and some decent food. Had a BLAST, but little did we know the Jimmy Buffet concert was happening at the stadium and the area was MOBBED! Not in a bad way, but WOW, I didn't realize just how popular he still is, LOL.

Anyway, good and bad to be back home. Missing Disney, even after a 14 day trip, but nice to be home as well.

Booked a bounce back for next August again; let the count down begin! :lmao:

glad you made it back safely and had a great time! :thumbsup2

looks like we are doing two trips next year. looking at early may with tammy and briana. looks like briana may be getting a full time job so she is staying home in 9 days. then, next September again with just tammy and I.

On our way home, we just stopped for the night in Sleep Inn in Staunton Virginia off I81 for the night. Will finish the last 5 hours in the morning.

Safe driving.

Howdy! It was a pleasure for us to meet you at the GFR's RPC. And it was a pleasant surprise to discover that you were the family which always cleaned up (like us) after dining at the RPC. We hope your kids enjoyed their stay...and we look forward to more of your daughter's art work! And "Wishes" for your son!

Did you post somewhere else about your V&A experience the night after we went?

All the best. :thumbsup2

Made it home about 3 hours ago. Another successful 2400 mile round trip, booked bounce back, so it looks like we will be doing it again next August.

Hi all! I just discovered this thread today. We've made the drive from south Jersey to Disney (1,050 miles each way) many times. I'm not actually sure of the exact number but it is definitely at least 15 so that puts us in the Gold category. We might be Platinum but I'm honestly not sure. DD is 18 and has been to Disney 22 times. I think we've only flown 2 of those trips which would give us the 20. Even if it is only 19 with her, DW and I drove once before she was born so we would still be at 20.

I haven't scrolled through the thread at all except to read the opening post but I just wanted to join in. Our most recent trip was 8/8-8/20 this year so we just got back last Wednesday in case anyone has any questions about current stuff.

Welcome Steve!! There's a ton of us from that general area, so we have a lot to talk about. Some days we don't shut up (just sayin! :rolleyes1)

We always like to hear:

1. What route do you take and at what time do you leave?
2. Do you time state changes (I learned that from BC - note the time when we enter a new state, that gives us good planning info)
3. Do you stop overnight or drive straight through?
4. Rest stops, gas stations or restaurants for potty breaks?
5. If stop, where do you like to stay? Town and/or hotel chain?
6. Any other good local discoveries? Like we found Duke's BBQ in Walterboro SC and fell in love with the local cuisine and people.
7. Do you get the free OJ at the Florida Welcome Center?

We're the best thread on the DISboards! I'm biased but honestly, I've never met more friendly and helpful people anywhere! And I've made some real friends here - friends that we meet and hang out with at WDW (and hopefully someday at home too!)

I swear this Christmas season, Dave! Hold me to it!!!

glad you made it back safely and had a great time! :thumbsup2

looks like we are doing two trips next year. looking at early may with tammy and briana. looks like briana may be getting a full time job so she is staying home in 9 days. then, next September again with just tammy and I.

:( :worried: our schedules may never sync up again! You keep going during school time and it's harder for us to do that now that Lauren's in 8th grade. Doesn't Thanksgiving at Disney World sound great????

:( :worried: our schedules may never sync up again! You keep going during school time and it's harder for us to do that now that Lauren's in 8th grade. Doesn't Thanksgiving at Disney World sound great????

sounds crowded!!!! :lmao: not having to worry about school is just another sign of me getting old! :lmao: im still trying to shake the ex cast member from mooching along but its not working. :lmao:
oh you should hear all the moaning and groaning that Tam and I are going again with out her.(like I need a tour guide):lmao:
I got a million "guess where im at" pictures text to me for eight months, now it my turn. we are eventually going to do early February and early September.
I always say "some birdies fly out of the nest on there own and others have to be kicked out of the nest to leave." guess what kind of birdie we got? :lmao:

I was telling Tam we are finally going to have a relaxing vacation and we have a list of all her old friends we have to stop and say hi too. I am looking forward to meeting up with her old body guard.... big D. :lmao: he was one of brianas trainers and this kid ( I call him a kid but hes in his early 20s) is huge! he is about 6'-8", 280 pounds. when I met him last year I felt safe leaving briana in wdw. if briana was not smiling ( in the tunnel or in the break areas, never on stage ;) ) he would ask her," waz up little B, whos botherin you, ill beat him up for you".:lmao: he kind of watched out for her and even to this day still keep in touch with each other. there are a lot of them she keeps in touch with.
it is one part that she really misses about the place, the people she worked with.
she don't miss the rain,the heat,the smell of pop corn but all in all she does miss the place.

Oh..... Did you happen to notice my ticker???? Lol

Do you want me to put you on the picture of the day list? I have a hand full of dis people that need there fix. I also have a few ride alongs to do! Lol. Yes I have to FaceTime on my I phone a few rides for a few people and they take the ride with us. Lol

We are driving down from Philly the end of December. Can someone tell me what exit is the last Wawa in VA. Also does anyone know where in Orlando Wawa is? Is it close to Disney. :beach:
there is a wawa very close to Disney we found it while we were at publix we were very excited to get our coffee,!

there is a wawa very close to Disney we found it while we were at publix we were very excited to get our coffee,!

There is also a new Wawa being built on 192 West just before the Target and Publix. The frame was up when we were there last month so I'm sure within a few months it will be up and running.

Do you want me to put you on the picture of the day list? I have a hand full of dis people that need there fix. I also have a few ride alongs to do! Lol. Yes I have to FaceTime on my I phone a few rides for a few people and they take the ride with us. Lol

Yes, I love getting the picture of the day!

PS - this moves us back up to the first page!

The ticker is past tense, now!

Pic of the day? Absolutely!

Enjoy!

All the best! :thumbsup2

Yes, I love getting the picture of the day! PS - this moves us back up to the first page!
Geez I haven't been on in a few days. We are leaving tomorrow night. Car is washed,waxed and packed. Even now I'm on my phone. I'm not taking a lap top just my I pad and I phone. Hopefully the app cooperates. I'll send you pics. Have a good two weeks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter