FOP rider swap

Ashmagash

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes...
First time going to Disney with a child. My husband and I are traveling with my parents, sister and our one year old. As of right now we all have (except baby) FP at 11:05 for FOP. There is 11:20 NRJ available. Can/Should I switch my husband and I to FP at NRJ and do this with our daughter while the rest of the family rides FOP and then my husband and I use Rider Swap later to ride FOP? Can we do this? Not trying to "work" the system, but don't want our daughter to just always be sitting around in her stroller. (I know she's one and easily entertained and won't remember, but still...)

Last edited:
Are you talking about the Navi river ride? If so, that would be a good plan. Rider switch was intended for families in your situation to not have to wait in line twice. You can absolutely use rider switch for FOP while using a regular FP for something else.

I've been wondering the same thing, so thanks for asking! I booked my husband for FOP and my daughter and I for NRJ. I've read that some CMs are a bit stricter about all adults needing FPs, but I don't want my toddler to miss out on all the rides! FWIW, we had no issues with rider swap on our last trip, but with the popularity and newness of Pandora, I wondered if it would be different. Sounds like we should all be good!

Yes, I just did this 2 weeks ago. DH, ds9, ds7 had FP for rol. Mine was for FoP. Then we swapped so they could ride FoP. I missed out on rol but I had ridden it previously and they hadn't, so I did it this way where they'd get to do both.

Are you talking about the Navi river ride? If so, that would be a good plan. Rider switch was intended for families in your situation to not have to wait in line twice. You can absolutely use rider switch for FOP while using a regular FP for something else.
I absolutely meant NRJ. It’s been a long day at work thanks for the reply!

So in January I will be heading to WDW with my 4 year old son, who isn't tall enough for some of the more popular FP+ rides, so my wife and I will have to swap taking turns waiting with him while the other rides. Do we each have to get FP+s for the same ride to use rider swap? Or just one of us?

So in January I will be heading to WDW with my 4 year old son, who isn't tall enough for some of the more popular FP+ rides, so my wife and I will have to swap taking turns waiting with him while the other rides. Do we each have to get FP+s for the same ride to use rider swap? Or just one of us?
Just one of you will need a fp. The other adult will get the rider switch.

And how does the rider switch work for FOP, exactly? All show up at the FOP entrance together, then half ride, half do NRJ with the baby? Disney lists NRJ as a ride with RS, which makes no sense to me. I don't want to NOT get FP+ for FOP and miss out.

And how does the rider switch work for FOP, exactly? All show up at the FOP entrance together, then half ride, half do NRJ with the baby? Disney lists NRJ as a ride with RS, which makes no sense to me. I don't want to NOT get FP+ for FOP and miss out.
I assume rider switch at FOP is similiar to other rides with height restrictions. Those who are going to ride first go up with FPs. Bring the child too small to ride and request a rider switch pass. You should get a ticket good for up to three people to return. Those not riding in the first group could book FP for Navi and take the child on that while waiting.

If not everyone was going through the line and someone needs to stay with a child not riding my understanding is you can request a switch pass at Navi.

OP I think your plan sounds great and is how rider switch is meant to be used.

Is rider swap strictly from a height perspective? My 4 yr old will probably be 44" by January, but based on the "intensity" of some rides, I'm not sure he will want to ride FoP, Mission Space, Space Mt, etc. I assume age does not factor into it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter